Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Welcome to the great USA 2020 Yamaha T7 preorder scramble

Cruizin

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Simmons1 said:

Had a great ride with Linda today taking photos as part of The Grand Tour of Texas we are participating in. Got in a Hotel room before the afternoon thunderstorms rolled in.  

Checking my email a few minutes ago and low and behold a PDF of my Claim number.

Life is good.

🙆‍♂️

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Simmons1 said:

Had a great ride with Linda today taking photos as part of The Grand Tour of Texas we are participating in. Got in a Hotel room before the afternoon thunderstorms rolled in.  

Checking my email a few minutes ago and low and behold a PDF of my Claim number.

Life is good.

A PDF of your Claim number from your Dealer or Yamaha?

Just go an email from Yamaha.  Had reservation done completed through dealer and got a call early on still not getting bike. 

Screenshot_20200522-145312_Gmail.jpg

Whats wierd is i have a claim number. I wonder if this is just cause i added my email to receive information on this bike and actually has nothing to do with my preorder status?.

• Supporting Vendor
1 minute ago, Mr.motarded said:

Whats wierd is i have a claim number. I wonder if this is just cause i added my email to receive information on this bike and actually has nothing to do with my preorder status?.

I think that's correct.  I just tried to pre order as a customer, and got the same message.

As I understand it, IF you have a claim number, you WILL GET your bike between June-August.  If you DON'T have a claim number, dealers can order for stock starting July, with delivery who knows when. 

That's how I understand it anyway...

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Mr.motarded said:

That sounds right... none left for your enquiry, because you etc all got your PDP Claim Number. 

• Like 2

I just got the same email. I have a feeling it's just sent out to anyone who is on Yamaha's mailing list which notified us of the event taking place, and now notifying us that the event has already ended. 

Im going with that.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member

@Mr.motarded lol you going to cause heartaches, you got claim number so, 🙆‍♂️

• Like 1

My dealer said that the email in question is letting everyone know that the program is closed.  

I’m not sure what I expected from Yamaha USA.

They can f up a wet dream

Couldn’t organize a circle jerk in a whore house.

I have requested a 500$ refund of  the deposit.

Rob, 

Please remove my account.

1 hour ago, Combo said:

A PDF of your Claim number from your Dealer or Yamaha?

Yamaha, but sent. from the Dealer.

• Like 1

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

9 minutes ago, gone2seed said:

I’m not sure what I expected from Yamaha USA.

They can f up a wet dream

Couldn’t organize a circle jerk in a whore house.

I have requested a 500$ refund of  the deposit.

Rob, 

Please remove my account.

Do you really want me to delete your account? 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Mr.motarded said:

Just go an email from Yamaha. 

Screenshot_20200522-145312_Gmail.jpg

This means that:

Approximately 6 hours (after registration site opened) and all of the first batch of bikes got allocated sold and claimed! 
Well done to all new owners.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, X Plane said:

This means that:

Approximately 6 hours (after registration site opened) and all of the first batch of bikes got allocated sold and claimed! 
Well done to all new owners.

But some people who got claim orders got this same email.  Some of them paid a deposit last year.

Man, Yamaha really fucked this one up. People better be getting fired right now. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, gone2seed said:

Iam done son!

Leave the account open, just don’t visit it till after disappoint recedes. You may buy a later one and can get viewing commenting etc. Natural to feel this way, it is not the forums faults. Popular product and USA last and not dealers and regional reps not great being up front that early deposits meant nothing until today. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

But some people who got claim orders got this same email.  Some of them paid a deposit last year.

Man, Yamaha really fucked this one up. People better be getting fired right now. 

Think that email is a general mail blast out to all to people on Yamaha’s distribution list of interested Tenere people. 

A Dealer got Claim Number means the dealer has claimed a bike for you / them.

That email is a just a general PDP is over general email out to all on their system..

Dealer Claim number will be honoured.

Yamaha sold all of the bikes they will be content.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, X Plane said:

Leave the account open, just don’t visit it till after disappoint recedes. You may buy a later one and can get viewing commenting etc. Natural to feel this way, it is not the forums faults. Popular product and USA last and not dealers and regional reps not great being up front that early deposits meant nothing until today. 

Too late, he's gone. He asked, I confirmed and deleted. 

• Like 2

Just now, X Plane said:

Think that email is a general mail blast out to all to people on Yamaha’s distribution list of interested Tenere people. 

A Dealer got Claim Number means the dealer has claimed a bike for you / them.

That email is a just a general PDP is over general email out to all on their system..

Dealer Claim number will be honoured.

Yamaha sold all of the bikes they will be content.  

No, the email also says sorry, contact your dealer about future ordering.  IF they are sending that mistakenly then a bunch of people need to get fired. Even Suzuki wouldnt phuck things up this bad. 

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

No, the email also says sorry, contact your dealer about future ordering.  IF they are sending that mistakenly then a bunch of people need to get fired. Even Suzuki wouldnt phuck things up this bad. 

Omg, really.  When Yam said the most anticipated bike that they have ever built, boy they got that bit right. Yamaha manufacture happy, Not to sure about Yam USA though 👎 Does that email mean the dealer should get them one from the general stock next batch.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Too late, he's gone. He asked, I confirmed and deleted. 

Lol, he was bit hit and miss anyhow 😂

• Haha 1