Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Welcome to the great USA 2020 Yamaha T7 preorder scramble

Cruizin

This MUST be shared ! Fiasco Day 2:

I figured, after the 7 phone calls I wasn't quite confident in the answers since during one conversation with sales I was told "let me know asap when you get a confirmation email!" Ok, so wasn't my reservation number THE confirmation email 😂

Early morning Fiasco Start Date 05.23.2020 Milky Way:

After reading through the prior days Start Date T7 PDP log, I decide to apply more Logic with the goal

of obtaining a Confirmation # for my log.

I called the dealer and spoke to a secondary salesman and was informed (considering 7 emails from yesterday)
"all of the emails that come from you are coded and i can't read them."🤣

Applying more terrestrial Logic, I entered warp drive for the 25 mile round trip to my dealer.

After the 40 minute re-entry period I finally was able to reach my primary sales person.

"I'm trying do do some Star Date planning, did you submit a Claim form?'

He responded "No."  "I entered you into ##^^@$%@%@@@$%@$%"

"Your confirmed,  you should be riding by July." 

Star Date Log 05.23.2020:12:35:06     Still waiting on the Next Horizon 🤣😂😮☘️🔑☘️

Edited by ADVUSA
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ADVUSA said:

This MUST be shared ! Fiasco Day 2:

I figured, after the 7 phone calls I wasn't quite confident in the answers since during one conversation with sales I was told "let me know asap when you get a confirmation email!" Ok, so wasn't my reservation number THE confirmation email 😂

Early morning Fiasco Start Date 05.23.2020 Milky Way:

After reading through the prior days Start Date T7 PDP log, I decide to apply more Logic with the goal

of obtaining a Confirmation # for my log.

I called the dealer and spoke to a secondary salesman and was informed (considering 7 emails from yesterday)
"all of the emails that come from you are coded and i can't read them."🤣

Applying more terrestrial Logic, I entered warp drive for the 25 mile round trip to my dealer.

After the 40 minute re-entry period I finally was able to reach my primary sales person.

"I'm trying do do some Star Date planning, did you submit a Claim form?'

He responded "No."  "I entered you into ##^^@$%@%@@@$%@$%"

"Your confirmed,  you should be riding by July." 

Star Date Log 05.23.2020:12:35:06     Still waiting on the Next Horizon 🤣😂😮☘️🔑☘️

Im trying to decipher your euphemisms. Are you saying that the dealer didn't get your reservation in thus not getting the confirmation code? Thus he's saying you missed out? Because Yamaha says people who got in this pre-order and confirmed, will be getting the bikes shipped "the first week of June". 

Edited by johnnygolucky

So I had my reservation # into my dealer minutes after 12. He entered it into his system immediately when I gave it to him. I did not get a phone call from Yamaha and when I asked my dealer about a confirmation # he said he got a confirmation email from Yamaha saying his order was successful. And I did get the generic email stating the preorder was over. 

Edited by n2theblue
Added additional info
  • Like 1

While you all wait in anticipation, here's a video I shot during the week.

For anyone planning on riding off-road, let me summarise. Take the stock tyres off this bike. Other than that, it's bloody brilliant. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

For anyone planning on riding off-road, let me summarise. Take the stock tyres off this bike. Other than that, it's bloody brilliant. 

🖕😁

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, n2theblue said:

So I had my reservation # into my dealer minutes after 12. He entered it into his system immediately when I gave it to him. I did not get a phone call from Yamaha and when I asked my dealer about a confirmation # he said he got a confirmation email from Yamaha saying his order was successful. And I did get the generic email stating the preorder was over. 

Thanks for that. That is clear. 

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, n2theblue said:

... had reservation # into dealer minutes after 12.

He entered it. I did not get a phone call from Yamaha...

and asked my dealer about confirmation # he got a confirmation email saying order successful.

And I did get the generic email stating preorder was over. 

@n2theblue 

Dealer getting confirmation that claim # is successfully in- that is a result.

That is you home run dry in a boat.

Thanks for the clear use of English language and the clarity. 

For what it's worth (and as I alluded to in previous posts on ADVRider), I was at my dealer with my own laptop. I put in for the reservation and then he was on YDP (their inventory site) and he immediately attempted to put the order in. This was basically at 12:04 or:05 EST. He couldn't do it because Yamaha had not uploaded the correct form that was distinctly dictated in the sales bulletin provided to the dealers. So by no means was it his fault. We called corporate and on the first call held for about 15 minutes and then were told to try the website again in 15 minutes. We both had the page up on each of our computers and would refresh repeatedly. We called again after 20 minutes and THEN were told the system crashed and they were working on it. So we did the same thing with refreshing pages. Finally after about an hour to an hour and a half after initially trying to submit the order, the right paperwork was online. Submitted it within four minutes.

So I know mine was ordered correctly, despite the technological asshattery. However, unfortunately, I still don't have a confirmation number. On the plus side I don't have a "We're sorry" sold out email either. The dealer hasn't seen a confirmation number (but I'm not totally sure he's looking in the right place.) I'm keeping my fingers crossed and at this point am just trying to go with the flow.

I still want those who put deposits down months ago to get their bikes. I want mine, but given my deposit was at the time of order, I'm okay with waiting if I knew that those who did the right thing early are rewarded for their diligence.

Edited by scridercoach

53 minutes ago, Jason said:

Grea video to tide us over.  Like some of the lusher areas of the Applachian Mountains here in the U.S.  The video certainly stokes my desire to get my T7 and get it up to similar areas.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, scridercoach said:

Grea video to tide us over.  Like some of the lusher areas of the Applachian Mountains here in the U.S.  The video certainly stokes my desire to get my T7 and get it up to similar areas.

Cheers man. Beautiful spot but what I find in Ireland and which is extremely frustrating is that every piece of land is privately owned. Whether it be a farmers land, state owned (all of which is gated) or just privately owned it limits the hell out of where you can go on a bike (motorised or not). I’m so jealous of any country that has miles upon miles of accessible forestry. 

On one of the registration pages at the bottom was a small box to check if you wanted to receive future notifications from Yamaha. If that wasn’t checked may explain why some of you didn’t get the notice that the early registration was over.  

4 minutes ago, n2theblue said:

On one of the registration pages at the bottom was a small box to check if you wanted to receive future notifications from Yamaha. If that wasn’t checked may explain why some of you didn’t get the notice that the early registration was over.  

I checked the box as I dont want endless sales pitches and I still got the notice saying it was closed. 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

I’m so jealous of any country that has miles upon miles of accessible forestry. 

If you ever get to Washington State in the USA, let me know. We have so many fire, logging, forest roads and trails you could ride your whole life trying a new trail and never hit the same one twice. Plus, the geography in Washington has coastal, rain forest, desert, semi arid, high alpine and plains all within 3 hours of each other. And this is just Washington. There's 49 other States and Oregon and Idaho are endless riding as well and are neighbors. Come visit! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Cheers man. Beautiful spot but what I find in Ireland and which is extremely frustrating is that every piece of land is privately owned. Whether it be a farmers land, state owned (all of which is gated) or just privately owned it limits the hell out of where you can go on a bike (motorised or not). I’m so jealous of any country that has miles upon miles of accessible forestry. 

Is that primarily an Ireland issue?  I know that in Great Britain they have the green lanes, but now that  you mention it, I've never really seen video of what looks like true trails.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

If you ever get to Washington State in the USA, let me know. We have so many fire, logging, forest roads and trails you could ride your whole life trying a new trail and never hit the same one twice. Plus, the geography in Washington has coastal, rain forest, desert, semi arid, high alpine and plains all within 3 hours of each other. And this is just Washington. There's 49 other States and Oregon and Idaho are endless riding as well and are neighbors. Come visit! 

That actually sounds insanely good. At some point in my life I need to get over there and check it out. I have cousins who live in the states, one in Bozeman, Montana which sounds like a fantastic spot also. The other is in Seattle if memory serves. Washington State sounds like the bloody dream, this bike would be absolute perfection in an environment like that. 

14 minutes ago, scridercoach said:

Is that primarily an Ireland issue?  I know that in Great Britain they have the green lanes, but now that  you mention it, I've never really seen video of what looks like true trails.

Even in the UK it’s better than it would be here in Ireland. As you say the UK has publicly accessible Greenlanes etc. Ireland has anything like that closed off to the public. You can find places like the spot in this video where the gate doesn’t cover the full width of the road so you can just about get in. But if they catch you they can technically prosecute for trespassing. Not sure that they would, prob just tell me (or anyone caught) to feck off but you catch my drift. 

• Like 1

Looks like I made the right decision - went hiking instead of waiting for 5/22 to arrive. 

(My opinion of software used for marketing hasn't improved either based on what I've read here. )

• Haha 1

I've gotten too old to wait. T7 is off the list.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, n2theblue said:

No problem I think?🤨 “home run dry in a boat” 🤯

@n2theblue lol home.... = That is you Sorted 

My dealer just told me "he checked with his Yamaha DSM" and my bike is reserved. I'm more hopeful than I was yesterday but still anxious.

Not to rub salt in the wound of anyone still in the dark, but my dealer called after they closed yesterday and said I was confirmed. I pushed back asking how they knew for sure. He said they had a form from Yamaha showing a claim number and my model "code." Meaning I now know I'm getting a 1st round bike in my first color choice. I'm so glad that I'm not still in flux. Your dealer should be able to share the same for you.

• Premium Member

Yesterday seems messy compared to UK/Europe.

3 hours ago, X Plane said:

Yesterday seems messy compared to UK/Europe.

It was.  Aside from Yamaha pulling the reservation stunt in the US a lot of the dealers aren't that fantastic to deal with and it also depends on the individual sales person.  I still don't have a claim number and can't contact the dealer until Tuesday due to the holiday.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, sbeck09 said:

Not to rub salt in the wound of anyone still in the dark, but my dealer called after they closed yesterday and said I was confirmed. I pushed back asking how they knew for sure. He said they had a form from Yamaha showing a claim number and my model "code." Meaning I now know I'm getting a 1st round bike in my first color choice. I'm so glad that I'm not still in flux. Your dealer should be able to share the same for you.

Your dealer thinks there is a bike for each Claim#?  It will be fantastic if that is the case.

9 minutes ago, Idarex said:

Your dealer thinks there is a bike for each Claim#?  It will be fantastic if that is the case.

I was under the impression that there is a bike for each claim #. How was you thinking it went?