Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
Cruizin

Welcome to the great USA 2020 Yamaha T7 preorder scramble

johnnygolucky

Agreed. They had lets say 300 bikes which means they had 300 claims for those bikes. However fast the dealers put in your reservation, once those 300 claims were gone, all 300 bikes are spoken for and the pre order was shut down. 

Thats my understanding of how it worked. Reservation just means your dealer could send in our info. If they didn't, or it was later once all claims were filled and you have no claim number, the reservation number is moot at that point. 

That said, it looks like the end of June they'll have another "cage fight" for lack of better words. Then the end of summer they'll start stocking stores for the general public. 

n2theblue
5 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

Agreed. They had lets say 300 bikes which means they had 300 claims for those bikes. However fast the dealers put in your reservation, once those 300 claims were gone, all 300 bikes are spoken for and the pre order was shut down. 

Thats my understanding of how it worked. Reservation just means your dealer could send in our info. If they didn't, or it was later once all claims were filled and you have no claim number, the reservation number is moot at that point. 

That said, it looks like the end of June they'll have another "cage fight" for lack of better words. Then the end of summer they'll start stocking stores for the general public. 

The paperwork I saw said dealers will be able to place showroom orders come July. If that’s the case we are getting the bike a whole month early. Depending how quickly they get the showroom stock when orders are placed. 

sbeck09
37 minutes ago, Idarex said:

Your dealer thinks there is a bike for each Claim#?  It will be fantastic if that is the case.

We both do. I'm not talking about the reservation code we as consumers were emailed, I'm talking about the actual claim number on the form the dealer gets after it is put in YDS. Hence the reason they call it a CLAIM number. 

sbeck09
13 minutes ago, n2theblue said:

The paperwork I saw said dealers will be able to place showroom orders come July. If that’s the case we are getting the bike a whole month early. Depending how quickly they get the showroom stock when orders are placed. 

Yeah I saw the same thing. Now, that doesn't mean they get inventory in July. I've heard that possibly arrives Aug-Sept. And you better believe those will be gone the day they arrive. 

Idarex

On my PDP receipt with the claim number, it says “Claim forms will be time stamped and orders placed in the order in which they are received.”  That got me worried that maybe there are more claim numbers than the first “300” bikes being delivered to customers first week in June.  There is a wide spread in Claim#s.  If claim numbers are sequential there is 1000+ of them.  Maybe Claim#s aren’t sequential?   If everyone that has a claim number has one of these first bikes then that means I’ve got one and that puts a smile on my face.

Edited by Idarex

CAJW

After reading the last 5 pages of this thread, looks like I'm hosed, at least for the first round of deliveries. 5/22/20 @ 0900 PDT I received the "ordering portal is open" email from Yamaha and immediately completed the online forms. At 1022 hrs,  I received a reply with my reservation # and instructions to take my $500 deposit to my dealer.  Since I'm out if town, I can't get to them until early next week, but now looks to me that my reservation # is worthless as I wasn't able to get cash in hand to my dealer like most did yesterday. 

Also, does anyone know if the quantity of 300 bikes was actually confirmed for the first round of deliveries or is that number being used as a hypothetical?

tj3089

My dealer said I got a claim number, but I forgot to ask for it. Never got a call from Yamaha either.  If I didn't get in on this first order, I'll have to ask for my "non-refundable" deposit back 😕.

X Plane
7 hours ago, Idarex said:

Your dealer thinks there is a bike for each Claim#?  It will be fantastic if that is the case.

A Claim # should equal a bike.

If Claim was entered by Dealer & no 'Claim #' came back then the Claim would have been in too late. i.e. no 1st batch bikes left. 

Don't be confusing 'Registration #' and 'Claim #'.

The Customers' got a 'Registration #' (from the PDP public website).

Dealer uses this 'Registration #' to make the Claim on the Dealer / Yamaha System to try and get a Claim #' back.  

So a 'Claim #' back should mean = a bike.

X Plane
6 hours ago, tj3089 said:

My dealer said I got a claim number, but I forgot to ask for it. Never got a call from Yamaha either.  If I didn't get in on this first order, I'll have to ask for my "non-refundable" deposit back 😕.

You don't & won't need the actual digit-numbers of the 'Claim Number #'. 

You only need to know and be sure on is the info that the Dealer did get a 'Claim #' back from Yamaha; a Claim Number means that a bike has been Claimed and Allocated / Assigned to that Dealer for You. 

If you know the actual 'Claim #'s number-digits that is just extra reassurance confirmation.

• Like 1

BMRT7
7 hours ago, CAJW said:

After reading the last 5 pages of this thread, looks like I'm hosed, at least for the first round of deliveries. 5/22/20 @ 0900 PDT I received the "ordering portal is open" email from Yamaha and immediately completed the online forms. At 1022 hrs,  I received a reply with my reservation # and instructions to take my $500 deposit to my dealer.  Since I'm out if town, I can't get to them until early next week, but now looks to me that my reservation # is worthless as I wasn't able to get cash in hand to my dealer like most did yesterday. 

Also, does anyone know if the quantity of 300 bikes was actually confirmed for the first round of deliveries or is that number being used as a hypothetical?

I was in the same boat. I got a reservation number on Friday but then work and life got in the way. 

I finally got a chance to talk to my guy at the dealership Saturday at like 4 pm eastern. Got my deposit in and he sent me an email a few minutes later with my receipt and my claim number. 

He gave me a call back and said what he is hearing from his Yamaha rep is that they should be seeing them first or second week of June but he would keep pressing them for updates. 

I am lead to believe that everyone that got a reservation number was able to get a bike...?? I saw someone post an image saying reservations had sold out which makes it sound like there was a limit on those numbers. It’s a strange system to have to get in line with Yamaha and then get a deposit to a dealer when you can’t control factors like your dealer answering the phone, etc. 

• Like 1

X Plane
32 minutes ago, BMRT7 said:

I was in the same boat. I got a reservation number on Friday but then work and life got in the way. 

I finally got a chance to talk to my guy at the dealership Saturday at like 4 pm eastern. Got my deposit in and he sent me an email a few minutes later with my receipt and my claim number. 

He gave me a call back and said what he is hearing from his Yamaha rep is that they should be seeing them first or second week of June but he would keep pressing them for updates. 

I am lead to believe that everyone that got a reservation number was able to get a bike...?? I saw someone post an image saying reservations had sold out which makes it sound like there was a limit on those numbers. It’s a strange system to have to get in line with Yamaha and then get a deposit to a dealer when you can’t control factors like your dealer answering the phone, etc. 

CLAIM # Number from RESERVATION # Number Deposit is the success. 

(Reservation # alone means nothing)

BMRT7
2 minutes ago, X Plane said:

CLAIM # Number from RESERVATION # Number Deposit is the success. 

(Reservation # alone means nothing)

Source?

While it makes sense as someone could abandon their reservation there seems to be a lot of speculation here and on other forums. 

My evidence is anecdotal at best, sure, but I was in no rush to get my deposit in immediately and still got a claim number. 

X Plane

a) The “I’ve a deposit paid in 2019, therefore I must get a 1st bike” folk were not all correct; the proof being that a Reservation website opened May 2020

b) The “I’ve now got the May website RESERVATION # Number” so I must get a 1st bike are not correct, not unless they gave a deposit to a Dealer and the Dealer processed the reservation and got a CLAIM # Number back from Yamaha.

c) The “Dealer got my CLAIM # No./Number” are correct in that the claim # will get them a bike.

d) USA system & Dealers messy, there are comprehension issues, discard who got & didn’t get phoned.

Hope that this has helped, sod general speculation, source logic. Oh, I’m done trying to help explain / X-Plane, lol. Well done to those who successfully navigated, enjoy your bikes. 

• Thanks 1

tj3089
2 hours ago, X Plane said:

You don't & won't need the actual digit-numbers of the 'Claim Number #'. 

You only need to know and be sure on is the info that the Dealer did get a 'Claim #' back from Yamaha; a Claim Number means that a bike has been Claimed and Allocated / Assigned to that Dealer for You. 

If you know the actual 'Claim #'s number-digits that is just extra reassurance confirmation.

I know I don't need it, but it's confirmation that the dealer actually did their job and aren't just saying that I have claim number. 

• Like 2

Mikey81

Not that anyone else cares, but you can count me in as another person who was initially confident about my reservation but is now a bit confused after reading the forums. 

I did my end, called the dealer with my res#, he read the email to me that he received from Yam explaining what he had to do next. Says give me 20 mins to put this in the computer and Ill call you back. He calls back in 15 and tells me were good and I can put my 500 down. I pay the monies, but I was never sent a confirmation# or email or anything confirming my reservation. And honestly at the time I didn't even think to ask for anything like that, I just figured the receipt for my 500 bucks would be good enough. So I now sit in limbo over this holiday weekend hoping my dealer did his part. Not complaining just sharing my story. 

things I know: 

I got reservation number and gave it to dealer

I paid 500 to my dealer

Dealer told me verbally I'm in 

I did not receive any email with confirmation number

I did not receive any email/call from Yamaha 

Best of luck to everyone out there with a similar situation. 

Cruizin
1 minute ago, Mikey81 said:

Not that anyone else cares, but you can count me in as another person who was initially confident about my reservation but is now a bit confused after reading the forums. 

I did my end, called the dealer with my res#, he read the email to me that he received from Yam explaining what he had to do next. Says give me 20 mins to put this in the computer and Ill call you back. He calls back in 15 and tells me were good and I can put my 500 down. I pay the monies, but I was never sent a confirmation# or email or anything confirming my reservation. And honestly at the time I didn't even think to ask for anything like that, I just figured the receipt for my 500 bucks would be good enough. So I now sit in limbo over this holiday weekend hoping my dealer did his part. Not complaining just sharing my story. 

things I know: 

I got reservation number and gave it to dealer

I paid 500 to my dealer

Dealer told me verbally I'm in 

I did not receive any email with confirmation number

I did not receive any email/call from Yamaha 

Best of luck to everyone out there with a similar situation. 

Call your dealer as soon as they open and ask for your Claim number. IF he doesnt have one, you are out until the next batch of bikes arrive. YOu could maybe use that to your advantage to get a better deal on the bike when it arrives. Like, no dealer fees, set up fees, or freight. 

• Like 2

Cruizin
4 hours ago, X Plane said:

a) The “I’ve a deposit paid in 2019, therefore I must get a 1st bike” folk were not all correct; the proof being that a Reservation website opened May 2020

b) The “I’ve now got the May website RESERVATION # Number” so I must get a 1st bike are not correct, not unless they gave a deposit to a Dealer and the Dealer processed the reservation and got a CLAIM # Number back from Yamaha.

c) The “Dealer got my CLAIM # No./Number” are correct in that the claim # will get them a bike.

d) USA system & Dealers messy, there are comprehension issues, discard who got & didn’t get phoned.

Hope that this has helped, sod general speculation, source logic. Oh, I’m done trying to help explain / X-Plane, lol. Well done to those who successfully navigated, enjoy your bikes. 

Lol, man I swear when I get my bike im gonna install a Flux Capacitor so I can just fly my bike over the ocean and come see you. Have a large backyard for me to land in? 

• Like 2

X Plane
1 minute ago, Cruizin said:

Lol, man I swear when I get my bike im gonna install a Flux Capacitor so I can just fly my bike over the ocean and come see you. Have a large backyard for me to land in? 

Lol.... Yeah. Keep your ABS on tho, for 88mph serve landing to miss my bikes, and I’ll get the coffee on. 👍

• Like 2

X Plane

There is some chat here, testing out the mic on windy day, about this US Tenere 700 Release 3 days ago. 

6 mile test spin on new Brembo (sintered) rear pads; bedding in ok; visible at end of the ride.

• Like 2

Combo
46 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Cool accent! 

It was cool but what the heck did he say? 😆

• Haha 3

X Plane
3 minutes ago, Combo said:

It was cool but what the heck did he say? 😆

Subtitles lol