Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Looking for Giant Loop experience on the T7

scridercoach

21 hours ago, scridercoach said:

Finally got off my financial ass and ordered my gear... can't wait to get it and put it to good use!  I'll post up pics, accordingly.

Thank you so much for choosing Giant Loop for your adventures! As a small rider-owned company, we truly appreciate each and every one of our customers. Looking forward to seeing your bike! 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Scridercoach did you end up going with the Coyote or Basin?  How has it worked out for you? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frayed said:

Scridercoach did you end up going with the Coyote or Basin?  How has it worked out for you? 

Our friends at Bend-based Ride Adventures let us test fit Giant Loop’s adventure proof, modular, customizable packing system on their new Yamaha Tenere 700, and below are the rackless luggage combos that fit the best. For rack mounted options, GL’s MotoTrekk Panniers strap onto virtually any traditional “hoop” style side luggage rack, and for Round The World Panniers, check out our list of compatible side luggage racks on the GL Pannier Mounts page. 

The Diablo Tank Bag and Fandango Tank Bag fit the Yamaha Tenere 700 equally well, so it’s really up to the rider’s preference in terms of packable volume. The lower profile Diablo offers 6 liters, and the slightly taller Fandango delivers 8 liters. 

IMG_6688.jpgIMG_6661.jpg

GL’s Diablo Tank Bag and MoJavi Saddlebag on Yamaha Tenere 700 make the perfect day riding set up.  On this bike, we are able to run the rear anchor strap under the tail, although we do not recommend running straps under rear fenders on dirt or dual sport bikes if the shock can compress into the underside of the fender. Use a tail rack as a reach anchor point instead.

IMG_6630.jpg
IMG_6659.jpg

GL’s Diablo Tank Bag, Coyote Saddlebag and Tillamook Dry Bag provide ample space for a weekend or a week or more, giving the rider the entire length of the seat. For a smaller load, use the Rogue Dry Bag instead, which is better proportioned to the Coyote Saddlebag. Possibles Pouches can be added to Saddlebags to create external waterproof easy access pockets.

IMG_6669.jpg
IMG_6667.jpg
IMG_6676.jpg

Our universal fitting Great Basin Saddlebag straps onto any bike equipped with passenger pegs, securely positioned on the pillion seat, as you can see here on the Yamaha Tenere 700. Great Basin can be expanded with Rogue or Tillamook Dry Bag, as well as Possibles Pouches.

IMG_6694.jpg

We’ve literally had riders like Paolo Cattaneo and Noah Horak ride around the world with this soft luggage solution: Siskiyou Panniers, Diablo/Fandango Tank Bag and Tillamook Dry Bag. For aggressive off-road riding, side luggage racks are recommended to provide sufficient support to the Siskiyou Panniers.

IMG_6678.jpg

IMG_6686.jpg

Edited by GiantLoop
Fixing photos
  • Like 1

Excellent post and thanks so much for the photos.  I've had a difficult time finding photos of the T7 fit with the Coyote.  I'm of the mind of lighter and more tidy.  Able to swap beween enduro bike and T7.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frayed said:

I went with the Basin.  Used them last week.   I feel that it's a good overall size, but on the T7 if you use it's total capcity it did make it feel/look bulky.  I do think I'll pick up a Coyote as an option for day trips.  Trying to do anything technical on the bike with fully loaded Great Basin was challenging.  I even ended up having to abort one trail, as the weight/added top heaviness was too much for me.  (That being me, someone else may have been fine).  That being said, the majority of trails I did off of the Blue Ridge Parkway were not an issue under full load. 

I was definitely overpacked for this trip... Was combining a few days of riding/camping, with a training on sport bikes prior to that.  So, I had packed for both things.  Probably wouldn't be as bulky and overdone had I only had to pack for a normal adventure trip.  The pictures show the awkwardness of that.  Proper packing/planning for a singular focused trip would make a difference to be sure.  Yet, it does prove you can bring a lot of crap with you if so needed.

I have no regrets going with the Basin, just need to supplement with another option for those shorter trips or when at a base camp doing individual day rides.

265EDDA3-7512-4730-8117-91DB40DD70A5_1_105_c.jpeg

6478F2BA-4199-46B4-93E4-1616E4056398_1_105_c.jpeg

A460B4F5-1D43-46DB-A099-001022C2DFAE_1_105_c.jpeg

Edited by scridercoach
  • Like 2

Thanks for the feedback.  Great basin I think is far more than I need and can see it being cumbersome in more technical riding.  Great to have options though.  

Leaning towards the Coyotes, Rogue, and a buckin' roll (like Diablo just not on such a high tank) if I go GL.  Add a couple pouches if needed later.   

19 minutes ago, Frayed said:

Thanks for the feedback.  Great basin I think is far more than I need and can see it being cumbersome in more technical riding.  Great to have options though.  

Leaning towards the Coyotes, Rogue, and a buckin' roll (like Diablo just not on such a high tank) if I go GL.  Add a couple pouches if needed later.   

Your quesiton and my answer has cemented in my mind to pick up a Mojavi and not the Coyote..  I can use the Basin to haul things on long, multi day trips and or to the "basecamp", then utilize the Mojavi for the day trips.  One thing I didn't comment on was that if the Basin isn't stuffed full, the center does roll down nice and tight and doesn't end up being so bulky and awkward, so it can theoretically fill the bill even on shorter stints.  You just cinch it all down and it's pretty compact.

My pictures, obviously, show the absolute "full" spectrum.

Edited by scridercoach
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, scridercoach said:

I went with the Basin.  Used them last week.   I feel that it's a good overall size, but on the T7 if you use it's total capcity it did make it feel/look bulky.  I do think I'll pick up a Coyote as an option for day trips.  Trying to do anything technical on the bike with fully loaded Great Basin was challenging.  I even ended up having to abort one trail, as the weight/added top heaviness was too much for me.  (That being me, someone else may have been fine).  That being said, the majority of trails I did off of the Blue Ridge Parkway were not an issue under full load. 

I was definitely overpacked for this trip... Was combining a few days of riding/camping, with a training on sport bikes prior to that.  So, I had packed for both things.  Probably wouldn't be as bulky and overdone had I only had to pack for a normal adventure trip.  The pictures show the awkwardness of that.  Proper packing/planning for a singular focused trip would make a difference to be sure.  Yet, it does prove you can bring a lot of crap with you if so needed.

I have no regrets going with the Basin, just need to supplement with another option for those shorter trips or when at a base camp doing individual day rides.

265EDDA3-7512-4730-8117-91DB40DD70A5_1_105_c.jpeg

6478F2BA-4199-46B4-93E4-1616E4056398_1_105_c.jpeg

A460B4F5-1D43-46DB-A099-001022C2DFAE_1_105_c.jpeg

Thanks for the pics and feedback - that is quite the load of gear! The Great Basin is nearly 70 liters, and I usually don't need more than maybe one small dry bag and/or a couple of Possibles Pouches with the Great Basin Saddlebag, everything else fits inside. We definitely try to avoid stacking gear higher than the top of the saddlebag - it begins to really impact the feel of the bike, making it top heavy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scridercoach said:

Your quesiton and my answer has cemented in my mind to pick up a Mojavi and not the Coyote..  I can use the Basin to haul things on long, multi day trips and or to the "basecamp", then utilize the Mojavi for the day trips.  One thing I didn't comment on was that if the Basin isn't stuffed full, the center does roll down nice and tight and doesn't end up being so bulky and awkward, so it can theoretically fill the bill even on shorter stints.  You just cinch it all down and it's pretty compact.

My pictures, obviously, show the absolute "full" spectrum.

The Great Basin + MoJavi combo sounds perfect. We've even had customers mount the Great Basin on top of the MoJavi, so you could simply pull the bigger saddlebag off at camp, leaving the MoJavi packed with tools and flat repair supplies for day riding. Please share some pics of this set up!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GiantLoop said:

Thanks for the pics and feedback - that is quite the load of gear! The Great Basin is nearly 70 liters, and I usually don't need more than maybe one small dry bag and/or a couple of Possibles Pouches with the Great Basin Saddlebag, everything else fits inside. We definitely try to avoid stacking gear higher than the top of the saddlebag - it begins to really impact the feel of the bike, making it top heavy.

Trust me, I'll attest to that.  Was not my original plan to be so "loaded".  What you see on top of the bag, though, is extremely lightweight.  As I said, it's way more than I would normally pack, but given the necessity to have gear with me for both riding styles (I attended California Superbike School, before hitting the Blue Ridge) it became necessity.

Totally happy with it's functionality and performance!

Edited by scridercoach
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, GiantLoop said:

The Great Basin + MoJavi combo sounds perfect. We've even had customers mount the Great Basin on top of the MoJavi, so you could simply pull the bigger saddlebag off at camp, leaving the MoJavi packed with tools and flat repair supplies for day riding. Please share some pics of this set up!

Once I order the Mojavi and have a chance to, you can bet on it.  I like the suggestion of the loading sequence.

Edited by scridercoach
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanksgiving Sales ends at midnight tonight! Enjoy 20-40% off select items, plus free Cinch Straps with Armadillo Bag, 10% off Siskiyou and RTW Panniers in limited edition Gray (available exclusively at giantloopmoto.com) - and free standard USA shipping on orders of $50+. 

welcome-to-giant-loop.jpg

Dead solid stable, super rugged and lightweight, Giant Loop's motorcycle saddlebags, panniers, tank bags, dry bags and adventure motorcycle packing systems enable riders to undertake the most extreme...

I had a great bassin on my ktm 1090 in the other life 🤣 great bag, with the inner bag you can easily store your gear in order when you unpack everything is in order and waterproof. The roll top system is perfect and give you a lot of flexibility. These bag are design to sit where a passenger would sit and you do not feel the bag or is weight at all. recently bought a T700 but went for the giant loop mototrek bag with

rack.  Yes the rack put more weight to the bike but they also protect the bike in case of a crash, protect the plastic ( great bassin, coyote or mosko 80 will scratch your side plastics) and also can be used as grab bar to help lifting the bike back on is wheel after a crash, as opposed to the rackless systems you have no more grab point where you can put a firm grip to help raising the bike on is wheel’s. This the reason why I went with a rack systems. Also the rack systems is alowing me to put a 1 gallons rotopax on one side and a kriega 12 litres for my day trip, instead of putting the load on the tail of the bike for keeping the weight as low as possible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

The Giant Loop site mentions that you can modify the Giant Loop Mototrekk Pannier mounting plate to work with asymmetrical racks.  Anyone have any pics of the mod, or am I on my own?  I have the stock yamaha racks and side panniers but want the option of soft bags for off-road.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have photos of how they are attaching the go system to the back at the trail lights? It seems there isn't anything for the clips to grab onto. I'm trying to attach a coyote without a rear rack.

I found this, I'm not a huge fan of how they secure it to the plastic but it looks like it should work.

• Thanks 1