Jump to content
Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
Aleksandar13

Photography and Bikes

Recommended Posts

Aleksandar13

Good morning all, 

 

Next to my motorcycle passion I have come to realise that I enjoy taking pictures of my bike but also of the landscapes that I encounter during my short travels. 

Thinking to open this thread up and see if there are other people who want to share pictures in this thread but also share tips, tricks and recommend camera or equipment that they use to achieve pictures. 

I am planing to get a Canon m100 ( If I don't change my mind) to improve on the phone quality I have at the moment. 

Thinking of getting a waist carrier to keep the camera inside it while riding. This presents a bit of a challenge as some people will say it becomes dangerous in case of fall but do we have another option. 

Handlebar bags, tank bag produce some vibration and for me the tank bag will have to come off while talking shots of the bike which presents another challenge as sometimes I need to be quick and don't have time to faff about. 

What you guys think it's the best compromise? 

Screenshot_20200523-153117.jpg

IMG_20200522_151337.jpg

IMG_20200522_152021__01.jpg

IMG_20200521_160544.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
CGras

I do enjoy some photography as well. Although I'm not particularly good at it. 😆 But it goes good together with my two favourite things, motorcycling and travelling. 

 

Last year I bought a Sony RX100 III which is already a few years older and therefore a bit cheaper than the newest generation. But it is still a great compact camera none the less.

 

DSC00140.thumb.jpg.319036a4467d1d6aad69b12b3c9e1530.jpg

 

These are from least years trip to the south of France and over to Corsica.

 

20190527_120620.thumb.jpg.438c15bff1113a71088e0afd76db78e2.jpg

 

20190527_203354.thumb.jpg.327dfa0482d30d50eb20212ef83d73c7.jpg

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Aleksandar13
7 minutes ago, CGras said:

I do enjoy some photography as well. Although I'm not particularly good at it. 😆 But it goes good together with my two favourite things, motorcycling and travelling. 

 

Last year I bought a Sony RX100 III which is already a few years older and therefore a bit cheaper than the newest generation. But it is still a great compact camera none the less.

 

DSC00140.thumb.jpg.319036a4467d1d6aad69b12b3c9e1530.jpg

 

These are from least years trip to the south of France and over to Corsica.

 

20190527_120620.thumb.jpg.438c15bff1113a71088e0afd76db78e2.jpg

 

20190527_203354.thumb.jpg.327dfa0482d30d50eb20212ef83d73c7.jpg

 

 

You ain't doing bad to be honest...pictures are looking good 👌📸

Share this post


Link to post
Roger

I also like to go out with the camera, mainly taiking photos of animals and birds. Going to try some more landscape this summer when i get the bike, could take the car but traveling by car is so boring that i dont do it much. Orderd the rally pack thinking hard cases will keep my camera gear safer then soft.

 

The one advise i can give on camera gear is start cheap, buy used stuff until you now what you need to get the pictures you want.

 

My flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/143398255@N03/with/42496309380/

I am not so good by i enjoy it so that make it worth the money and time put into it for me.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Aleksandar13
43 minutes ago, Roger said:

I also like to go out with the camera, mainly taiking photos of animals and birds. Going to try some more landscape this summer when i get the bike, could take the car but traveling by car is so boring that i dont do it much. Orderd the rally pack thinking hard cases will keep my camera gear safer then soft.

 

The one advise i can give on camera gear is start cheap, buy used stuff until you now what you need to get the pictures you want.

 

My flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/143398255@N03/with/42496309380/

I am not so good by i enjoy it so that make it worth the money and time put into it for me.

Roger your pictures are amazing man... Crazy nice.. Wow.. I'm jaw dropped by the quality of the photos. 

Can you share with us what camera, lens you have to achieve such nice pictures 😍😍

Would appreciate it. 

Aleks 

Share this post


Link to post
Yammybound88

Love the idea of this thread.  I just asked Tim Burke (check out his travel photos and vlog) about what type of camera to look at for motorcycle travel photos and video.  He suggested mirrorless so this is were I could use some help.

 

My last good camera was a Canon TX and I used to develop my own black and white pictures so I love photography but didn't continue with better cameras along the way - I guess phones have replaced a lot of that need.  I am thinking of getting a tank bag like the Hood from Mosco Moto and setting it up for a camera and lenses plus it is waterproof with quick access.

 

I will buy used - any input on what I may look for, I know money, etc but I want good shots.

 

Love the pictures already displayed.

 

 

cheers

-Bob

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Aleksandar13
2 hours ago, Yammybound88 said:

Love the idea of this thread.  I just asked Tim Burke (check out his travel photos and vlog) about what type of camera to look at for motorcycle travel photos and video.  He suggested mirrorless so this is were I could use some help.

 

My last good camera was a Canon TX and I used to develop my own black and white pictures so I love photography but didn't continue with better cameras along the way - I guess phones have replaced a lot of that need.  I am thinking of getting a tank bag like the Hood from Mosco Moto and setting it up for a camera and lenses plus it is waterproof with quick access.

 

I will buy used - any input on what I may look for, I know money, etc but I want good shots.

 

Love the pictures already displayed.

 

 

cheers

-Bob

Bob, I am no expert but I like to do a bit of research and as far as I can tell for what I need and you might need as well is definitely Mirrorless setup. 

Advantages are weight and quality of pictures plus big plus is the size... I plan on getting a small body like the one in the first post and at a later stage change the lens once I get to know what I'm doing. This is all dependent if I'm not happy with a lense that is supplied with the camera. 

I'm hoping to bight the bullet in 1 weeks time with the camera and stat experimenting. 

For now I use my phone which has limitations as we all know. 

Please feel free to post pictures of the past with your old setup if you still have them. 

Aleks 

Share this post


Link to post
Roger
On 5/25/2020 at 10:41 PM, Aleksandar13 said:

Roger your pictures are amazing man... Crazy nice.. Wow.. I'm jaw dropped by the quality of the photos. 

Can you share with us what camera, lens you have to achieve such nice pictures 😍😍

Would appreciate it. 

Aleks 

Thank you.

I use a Canon 7d II and have 17-55 2,8, 100 2,8 is and 100-400 mark2 all are canon lenses.

That is a modell that was released 6 years ago or something so there a lot of cameras whith better sensor.

It is a big camera aimed at sports and bird photografy so not good for light travel.

 

If you get a camera dont forget the software, post processing are big part in digital photos.

I use Adobe because im used to it. But there are many moore to choose from.

Canon have a free software that should be ok what i herd.I guess other camera manufactors migt have some olso but dont now.

 

And shoot RAW jpg are more limited.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Aleksandar13
1 minute ago, Roger said:

Thank you.

I use a Canon 7d II and have 17-55 2,8, 100 2,8 is and 100-400 mark2 all are canon lenses.

That is a modell that was released 6 years ago or something so there a lot of cameras whith better sensor.

It is a big camera aimed at sports and bird photografy so not good for light travel.

 

If you get a camera dont forget the software, post processing are big part in digital photos.

I use Adobe because im used to it. But there are many moore to choose from.

Canon have a free software that should be ok what i herd.I guess other camera manufactors migt have some olso but dont now.

 

And shoot RAW jpg are more limited.

 

 

 

Thank you for you advice and for letting us know what setup you are using. 

My plan is to get the canon m100 to start with as it is compact and has very good reviews, interchangeable lenses as well as a good sensor (all of the described is based on YouTube reviews). 

I'm still having a Nikon dslr in the back of my mind but I'm not sure I'm going to like the heavy part of it. 


Discover our new Canon EOS M100 mirrorless camera. Create new...

 

 

I use Adobe light room at the moment and shoot in raw on my phone. I like Adobe but it is new to me so still getting used to it... I used to use snapseed from Google and it is good but Adobe is a lot better and more refined. 

Regards, 

Aleks 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Roger
28 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Thank you for you advice and for letting us know what setup you are using. 

My plan is to get the canon m100 to start with as it is compact and has very good reviews, interchangeable lenses as well as a good sensor (all of the described is based on YouTube reviews). 

I'm still having a Nikon dslr in the back of my mind but I'm not sure I'm going to like the heavy part of it. 


Discover our new Canon EOS M100 mirrorless camera. Create new...

 

 

I use Adobe light room at the moment and shoot in raw on my phone. I like Adobe but it is new to me so still getting used to it... I used to use snapseed from Google and it is good but Adobe is a lot better and more refined. 

Regards, 

Aleks 

 

 

Try Topaz denoiser its a plugin for lightroom and photoshop it is amzing on clearing up noise and getting more sharpnes.

Lots of rewievs youtube on topaz.

 

I never got used to Lightroom, are just using camera raw and photoshop but seems like most are using lightroom so it must bee good i suppose.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
tenerecanada
On 5/25/2020 at 3:56 PM, Roger said:

I also like to go out with the camera, mainly taiking photos of animals and birds. Going to try some more landscape this summer when i get the bike, could take the car but traveling by car is so boring that i dont do it much. Orderd the rally pack thinking hard cases will keep my camera gear safer then soft.

 

The one advise i can give on camera gear is start cheap, buy used stuff until you now what you need to get the pictures you want.

 

My flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/143398255@N03/with/42496309380/

I am not so good by i enjoy it so that make it worth the money and time put into it for me.

Really nice album, thanks for sharing!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Aleksandar13
On 5/27/2020 at 9:39 PM, Roger said:

Try Topaz denoiser its a plugin for lightroom and photoshop it is amzing on clearing up noise and getting more sharpnes.

Lots of rewievs youtube on topaz.

 

I never got used to Lightroom, are just using camera raw and photoshop but seems like most are using lightroom so it must bee good i suppose.

Middle of next week I am ready to pull the trigger and I have been doing a bit of research but would need some advice if possible. 

At the moment there are two lenses on offer with the stock m100 lense which is a 15/45... 

I can either get 22mm or 55 200...

Would you be able to let me know what you think it's best to go for and why? 

I think the m100 has 1.6mm crop... This might be of relevance to you as you have way more experience then me. 

I am inclined for the 22 mm because of the package and the reviews it gets.. 

Would appreciate your input. 

Aleks 

Share this post


Link to post
Roger
2 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Middle of next week I am ready to pull the trigger and I have been doing a bit of research but would need some advice if possible. 

At the moment there are two lenses on offer with the stock m100 lense which is a 15/45... 

I can either get 22mm or 55 200...

Would you be able to let me know what you think it's best to go for and why? 

I think the m100 has 1.6mm crop... This might be of relevance to you as you have way more experience then me. 

I am inclined for the 22 mm because of the package and the reviews it gets.. 

Would appreciate your input. 

Aleks 

I normaly don´t give advise on camera gear becouse evryone got diffrent needs but since you asked i give my thougts on it.

M100 has no wiewfinder what i can see so mostly useful for stationary objects, trying to take pictures of anything moving will be difficult. That will make the 55-200 less usefull so i would go for the 22. 

The 22 looks good in the test i looked at, from f/4 and up to f/11 the test i looked at they think its comparebel to much more expensive lenses.

On flickr you can search for camera models to see pictures taken with the camera and in the info it usaly says what lense and settings used.

I hope that was some help for you.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Adrenolin

I’m still using my, now likely considered ancient, Olympus E1 and E5 cameras and lenses. 😂 Being about 18 and 9 years old they still shoot perfectly and can take a beating. I’ve recently purchased a Mavic Pro 2 drone and think that’s going to get a lot of use from the bike though still playing and learning all its functions now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Aleksandar13

Camera and lenses arrived yesterday and I've plaid a bit with the 22.0mm lens... Love the small setup and the camera... Ordered a waist bag for carrying the camera. 

Hope this Weekend to get some pictures with the new set up and see how I get on. 

Aleks 

Screenshot_20200604-132706.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Aleksandar13

I'll post some photos of the bike with the new camera... For me they are night and day and I'm very happy with the purchase so far... Only tested the 22.0mm lense today but it performs lovely... 

The images are very clear and the blurr in the background is very nice... I've tested all sorts of setups today and never shot in auto mode ... 

Camera is nice and light and can almost fit in any pocket with this lense... 

Only downside is that it does not have a proper grip but this can be bought separately as a cover. 

On to the pictures of the T700Sm... 🏍️💨📸💯

 

20200605154611_IMG_0137.jpg

20200605153205_IMG_0098.jpg

20200605155837_IMG_0173.jpg

20200605153134_IMG_0097.jpg

20200605155911_IMG_0176.jpg

20200605160743_IMG_0186.jpg

20200605161000_IMG_0195.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Aleksandar13

Here are some shots from today... Light edit as I shoot in raw and use Adobe lightroom to edit the pictures. 

Camera is M100 with 22.0mm lense... 

I'm happy with the camera and how small it is and the quality it delivers. 

Hope to see more pictures from you guys as well. 🏍️💨📸😁😍

Aleks 

20200613133406_IMG_0311.jpg

20200613133653_IMG_0322.jpg

20200613134941_IMG_0340.jpg

20200613133555_IMG_0317.jpg

20200613134828_IMG_0334.jpg

20200613135041_IMG_0344.jpg

20200613133827_IMG_0326.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Aleksandar13

Out we went today on a beautiful Sunday evening... Mpg is dropping again 😂😂 must be the fun factor... 

Took some pictures as you do when you are passionate about it... 

Hope you enjoy.. 

Aleks 

20200614183327_IMG_0419.jpg

20200614185416_IMG_0429.jpg

20200614185809_IMG_0440.jpg

20200614183509_IMG_0424.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Yammybound88

Excellent use of @Mosko_Moto tank bag.

 

Cheers

-Bob

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Mosko_Moto
On 6/17/2020 at 7:29 AM, Yammybound88 said:

Excellent use of @Mosko_Moto tank bag.

 

Cheers

-Bob

Agreed! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Aleksandar13

Quite like these pictures and enjoy the new camera.. Still shooting with 22.0mm lense and experimenting with aperture to see what the best results are. 

Aleks 

20200618192954_IMG_0485.jpg

20200618193020_IMG_0486.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Aleksandar13

Lovely day out today... 👍 📸💯😀

IMG_20200628_143240_829.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Aleksandar13

Been out yesterday and enjoyed the bike and the weather... Was just perfect 21 degrees and cloudy. 

20200703142955_IMG_0919.jpg

20200703145643_IMG_0937 (1).jpg

20200703142657_IMG_0912.jpg

20200703142256_IMG_0899.jpg

20200703135033_IMG_0894.jpg

20200703133355_IMG_0865.jpg

20200703132140_IMG_0856.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Aleksandar13

Afternoon gents.. Fans of lenses, photography and T700.. 😃

Latest shots from the trips around Essex. 

Have a great weekend. 

Aleks 

20200710155317_IMG_0997.jpg

20200710154719_IMG_0980.jpg

20200710155145_IMG_0992.jpg

20200710155534_IMG_1003.jpg

20200710155018_IMG_0988 (1).jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
CGras

Last night I went out and tried my hand at night photography. The camera I use is definitely not the best for this but it does have a manual mode which gives you control of every paramters and even focus. So I managed to get some ok results. And I even managed to catch comet Neowise which is on its way out of our solar system.

 

DSC00772.thumb.jpg.ebdcb818250a268dff4ee8d6ee236b27.jpg

 

DSC00774.thumb.jpg.51ed3dbb6df2dc84f806738e689a56c1.jpg

 

The milky way was visible as well.

 

DSC00781.thumb.jpg.4e852332c9a2402af86d6b8106497aa7.jpg

 

Light pollution was still an issue many kilometers from the next bigger town. This was at around midnight.

 

DSC00786.thumb.jpg.5accf491f826d8195d2bb189dc0e8775.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Our Friends

Tenere across the USA

Tenere 700 Forum. We are just Tenere 700 owners and fans

Tenere700.net is not affiliated with Yamaha Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of ea individual author and do not represent Yamaha Motor Co. or Tenere700.net .

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.