Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

My other two bikes to complement my incoming T7

whisperquiet

2 minutes ago, pgeldz said:

That's a really hard question to answer for me, honestly.

If you plan to do two up riding, the Tracer 900GT all day long.

If you're just solo, it changes things.  I don't have enough seat time on my Tenere to make a fair comparison.  I got the Tenere because it's a great bike if you want to explore off road.  I'm new at off road, so this bike, while still being a bit bigger and heavier than some small single cylinder bikes more suited to dirt, is still IMHO the best all 'rounder of you want to ride multiple surfaces.

But for communing solo...it's hard to say.  I like the fact that the Tracer has easily removeable hard side cases, so if you bring gear into work, or have to change once you get to work, you're all set.  That would be an add on on the Tenere.

The Tracer is like a sport bike with touring capabilities.  The Tenere looks like it just came off a rally stage.

But equally fun, but different.

I guess I need more time on the Tenere to honestly answer your question, but that's my initial impressions.

I'll put it to you this way...I'm not getting rid of either bike any time soon 🙂

- Paul

Yes you are lucky.  I actually have a CRF250L for serious dirt and a v-strom 650 (Over 50K miles)  that I want to replace I have a long inseam so the tall bikes are easy for me.  I can commute with the 250 but it has not fun factor.  I test rode an Africa Twin (DCT) the other day but it just didnt do it for me. I think I like the idea of keeping the weight down. I am here in California and we can lane split so the T7 looks to be nice and narrow for that as well.   I will mostly do solo riding but would like to tour a bit.  Reality is it will be a daily rider into work and back in the city.  Mayber I should just get a T7 and tour with it and be able to take it off the tarmac as I choose.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/9/2020 at 11:30 PM, eestelle said:

Yes you are lucky.  I actually have a CRF250L for serious dirt and a v-strom 650 (Over 50K miles)  that I want to replace I have a long inseam so the tall bikes are easy for me.  I can commute with the 250 but it has not fun factor.  I test rode an Africa Twin (DCT) the other day but it just didnt do it for me. I think I like the idea of keeping the weight down. I am here in California and we can lane split so the T7 looks to be nice and narrow for that as well.   I will mostly do solo riding but would like to tour a bit.  Reality is it will be a daily rider into work and back in the city.  Mayber I should just get a T7 and tour with it and be able to take it off the tarmac as I choose.

somebody said crf250l? 😄 this is mine, from today. i'd like to use T7 for lighter offroad and touring, honda is for playing in mud and goofing around.

IMG_20210219_123057395.jpg

• Like 3

feels good to know I'm not the only one with probably too many bikes 😛  

still waiting for the T7, was supposedly to be keys in hand tomorrow but now its postponed to early next week. 

It's interesting, today I was wondering if the T7 will actually be a in different league of its own, compared to the two bikes I currently own.

If it will really bridge that gap? if it will actually be a "perfect" compromise between these two machines? 

Sherco total offroad beast literally drive anywhere and yeah... gs... we all know that old thing 

GS1.jpeg

sherco1.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...