Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Soft Luggage Racks

Ktmmitch

Any update on these?  I'm getting ready for a trip end of this month and was hoping I'd be able to go with these.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SociallyStunted said:

Any update on these?  I'm getting ready for a trip end of this month and was hoping I'd be able to go with these.

On website Monday, we are preparing photos this weekend,20 sets in stock plus Silencer Support Bracket

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2020 at 10:42 PM, Ktmmitch said:

On website Monday, we are preparing photos this weekend,20 sets in stock plus Silencer Support Bracket

Did we miss it??

http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/yamaha-t7-tenere/yamaha-t7-tenere-soft-luggage-racks

Our new Soft Luggage Rack system for the Yamaha T7 Tenere are now available from stock, based on our tried and tested generic panels for the CB500X, G310GS & KTM 690 Enduro.
These fit close to the bodywork for minimal width restriction, and are held off the plastic bodywork by rubber pads, so no scratching the OEM paintwork, and they help restrict vibration.
The lower mount arms (with strap loop) fit to the frame between the OEM passenger hangers, but can also fit without the cast hangers, perfect for solo trail riding.
Designed to work with all the major soft luggage manufacturers, Giant Loop, Mosko Moto, Enduristan & Kriega, they also accept Rotopak fuel or water containers (1 gallon).
Can fit with OEM 2-piece seat, OEM 1-piece Rally seat or OEM tail pack.
We have found a common problem that when the bike is dropped on the right side, it is very easy to bend the silencer mounting tubes that are welded to the main frame under the bodywork, which can then cause damage to the cast alloy swinging arm by the mounting bolts on the inside of the silencer. To counteract this there is the option to buy a Silencer Support Plate which reinforces the OEM mount by attaching it to our racks, giving much more strength and resistance to bending in a fall

RRP632-12.jpg

RRP632-3.jpg

RRP632-5.jpg

RRP632-8.jpg

RRP632-7.jpg

RRP632-11.jpg

RRP632-10.jpg

Edited by Ktmmitch
  • Like 3

@Ktmmitch They look great.

Any idea if these Nelson Rigg bags would fit?  I realize you can't say for sure without having the bags in your possession, but perhaps CB500X and/or G310GS owners with similar RR racks have had experience with these bags.  The only potential issue I see is that some sort of heat shield may be needed for the top/side of the exhaust. 

Also, are you making a tail rack for the T7 that integrates with the panniers? 

Thank you.

Edited by Seventh Son

These racks are great for anyone wanting to run soft saddle bags.  They are tapered which allows the bike to keep its slim profile, and there are plenty of cut-outs to loop luggage straps through and to use as tie-down points for other bags that sit on top of the rear seat.  Nice job, Rally Raid.

RR-2.jpg

RR-1.jpg

• Like 2

Mine came in today.   Thank you for developing this kit.  I was almost giggling as I saw it on the bike.  It works as I hoped it would with my SW-Motech rear rack.  I used 28.5 mm spacers in place of the RR spacers.  My Mosko Moto V1 R80 fits like it was made for it but I will have to use a heat shield on the silencer.  My Giant Loop Mojavi bags do too but the hook straps will need extensions.

Everything in the kit went together as expected, except for the silencer support bracket I ordered with the kit.  Everything lines up except the front bolt hole on the silencer bracket.  The first picture is with all hardware in loosely.  I'm leaving in a couple days and am done fighting this.  I'll have to do without until I can get to my shop and fab something up.  That bolt hole is way off.  No amount of massaging is getting it to line up enough to even start the bolt.

20200921_131216.jpg

20200921_134251.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
The new Soft Luggage Racks we have developed for the Yamaha T7 are now in production, and available to ship world wide.
No more having to modify pannier-type frames, or trying to strap the soft luggage to the body work of the bike, so damaging the plastics.
Here are a selection of the 4 main manufacturers bags, Giant Loop Coyote, Mosko Moto Reckless 80, Enduristan Blizzard and Kriega OS fitted to a T7 recently.

RRP632GL1.jpg

RRP632GL2.JPG

RRP632MM1.jpg

RRP632MM2.jpg

RRP632MM3.JPG

RRP632E1.jpg

RRP632E2.jpg

RRP632E3.JPG

RRP632K1.jpg

RRP632K2.jpg

RRP632K3.JPG

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 7:51 AM, Ktmmitch said:
The new Soft Luggage Racks we have developed for the Yamaha T7 are now in production, and available to ship world wide.
No more having to modify pannier-type frames, or trying to strap the soft luggage to the body work of the bike, so damaging the plastics.
Here are a selection of the 4 main manufacturers bags, Giant Loop Coyote, Mosko Moto Reckless 80, Enduristan Blizzard and Kriega OS fitted to a T7 recently.

Here are some pics of the Nelson Rigg Adventure Dry Saddlebags.  They fit great on the Rally Raid soft luggage racks and didn't move at all on a recent 1,200 mile trip I took that included both on and off-road riding.  The Rally Raid racks are sleek and have various cutouts for tie-down points.  Even without a tail rack I was able to easily cinch down my SW-Motech drybag connecting the rear straps to two tie-down points on the rear of the RR luggage racks and the front straps to the strap loops on the lower mount arms.   I still want a tail rack but the Rally Raid luggage racks are solid, can accommodate various types of bags and don't make the T7 look bulky. 

When are you planning to release the T7 tail rack??

RR soft luggage racks-1.jpg

RR - soft luggage racks-2.jpg

Edited by Seventh Son
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DWEL700 said:

What tires are those SS?

Those are the Bridgestone Battlax AX-41's.

Great tires that gave me traction everywhere on my 1,200 mile trip last week including about 80 miles of riding in pounding highway rain.  I will do a more in-depth review as soon as I get a few more miles on them.  My only hesitation to buy them again would be longevity.  If I was planning to take a longer 3,000+ mile adventure trip, I might opt for something else like the Michelin Anakee Wilds.  With the Bridgestone rebate I got, however, the set of AX-41's only cost me $185 USD, so not bad. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 5:11 PM, SociallyStunted said:

Mine came in today.   Thank you for developing this kit.  I was almost giggling as I saw it on the bike.  It works as I hoped it would with my SW-Motech rear rack.  I used 28.5 mm spacers in place of the RR spacers.  My Mosko Moto V1 R80 fits like it was made for it but I will have to use a heat shield on the silencer.  My Giant Loop Mojavi bags do too but the hook straps will need extensions.

Everything in the kit went together as expected, except for the silencer support bracket I ordered with the kit.  Everything lines up except the front bolt hole on the silencer bracket.  The first picture is with all hardware in loosely.  I'm leaving in a couple days and am done fighting this.  I'll have to do without until I can get to my shop and fab something up.  That bolt hole is way off.  No amount of massaging is getting it to line up enough to even start the bolt.

Just ordered the RR side rack and my setup will be almost same as yours. SW Moto rear rack plus either MM R80 v1 or GL Mojavi.

Got a link for those 28.5 mm spacers? Also, did you sort out the silencer support bracket issue?

1 hour ago, slakdawg said:

Just ordered the RR side rack and my setup will be almost same as yours. SW Moto rear rack plus either MM R80 v1 or GL Mojavi.

Got a link for those 28.5 mm spacers? Also, did you sort out the silencer support bracket issue?

I've ordered a lot of spacers from McMaster.com.  I'm pretty sure these are the ones but double check first. 

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Regarding the silencer support bracket, RR responded to my email on Oct 1 saying they'd look into it.  I figured I'd give them a chance to fix it first since I'm in no hurry now.  But no other word since then. 

Edited by SociallyStunted
  • Like 1

I received follow up email from Rally Raid today.  It seems I was missing some spacers that go between the silencer support bracket and the side racks.  I noticed the thick washers that I did I receive, for between the support arms and the side racks, are about half as thick as the spacers shown in their online instructions. 

They are sending me a new silencer support bracket with more clearance in the mounting holes.  And I have asked for the spacers I seem to be missing. 

Will update when I get to fitting those.

• Like 2

Thanks for the update. Still waiting on my order to arrive, so will check the parts list and instructions carefully.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John,

Are you any closer to releasing your rear rack for the T7? 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OK185 said:

Is there any danger of 30LT bags touching the exhaust?

I'm still looking for a good way to fix my 30LT Touratech Endurance bags to the T7.

I like your product because it does not make the bike 2 meters wide by placing the luggage outside of the exhaust on the exhaust side. But I am just worried that it might touch the exhaust this way, if you don't use Giant Loop or Blizzard style luggage. 

I'm not 100% sure, we could send you a set, sale or return, to test.

We used the TT Endurance bags with our CB500X racks

• 2 weeks later...

and BLAM!  I'm all of a sudden quite horny for these.    

Wondering if I can fit a tool tube under the clutch side 
(probably an issue on any of the products contoured to the bike --- 
But gosh, they look awesome.

And do you have a USA Distributor?   RockyMt doesnt show em on their website (yet?)
oh I could order direct and ship

Doesn't matter - my T7 seems on perpetual "not yet arrived" mode

beavis Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

Edited by cstatman

Like these racks but I like the outback motor trek rear rack as well.  It sure how these would mount up with that. The sw mote h rack looks ok but I will occasionally have a passenger and the bars look close to the seat. 

looking to probably run a Mosko reckless 80. These racks looks great to keep the bags off the bike   

When I looked to order the RR racks though, the option for the hanger reinforcement was empty, the select box just said select.  Is that a bug on the website or are the brackets not available?

Mike

On 11/22/2020 at 11:29 AM, MikeCMP said:

reinforcement was empty, the select box just said select.  Is that a bug on the website or are the brackets not available?

I THINK that means they are out of stock, and will have more in 3-4 weeks

Hopefully he will mention here, as I am horny for them - looks to be well engineered, well designed product - , take my money please!

Yeah that is what I figured as well but you never know. 🙂

They look good to me, thought like i said i like the Outback rear rack better.

Mike

I too tried to order some. Never mind, there were other things at RRP to spend some money on, and I won’t be going anywhere for a while anyway.