Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Soft Luggage Racks

Ktmmitch

Every tool tube I've seen won't fit nicely behind the Rally Raid soft luggage racks (which mount closer to the bike than pannier racks), hence this little brainstorm.  Just thinking through potential alternate solutions.

7 hours ago, GreatDistances said:

Mike - do you have any worries about your tools getting wet / rusty from hanging them there or does the tool roll provide enough protection to avoid problems?

Colddog - It’s honestly not a huge box, it just looks huge on these particular racks.  I think it would mount without interference, but it sort of kind of wrecks the aesthetic of the bike regardless.  I may just go with some sort of smallish dry bag in that nook in the end to avoid heavy visual/physical clutter.

64550_W3.jpg

1800 Weatherproof Protective Case – 9-3/16 In.

Tool rolls is in a waterproof sleeve so far it has kept everything dry. The Mosko guys seemed to thing it would be alright as well.  I’ll need a new spot if I get a camel tank, I’m just about convinced one of those will go behind the rally raid racks based on looking at pictures.

Mike

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2021 at 8:27 AM, Ktmmitch said:

Back in stock next week, so order now to reserve

Hi,

Do you know when the T7 soft luggage rack will be back available to purchase?  I am looking to order some other items as well. As per the original posters question, can I make that part of my order so that when they are available you will ship that one? And in the meantime I will receive the other items?

16 hours ago, Motorcyclegordy said:

Hi,

Do you know when the T7 soft luggage rack will be back available to purchase?  I am looking to order some other items as well. As per the original posters question, can I make that part of my order so that when they are available you will ship that one? And in the meantime I will receive the other items?

We expect them back in stock 14th Feb

3 hours ago, Ktmmitch said:

We expect them back in stock 14th Feb

Will it be available with the exhaust bracket? The selection combobox is no longer visible. Or is it included by default now?

Edited by didier

1 hour ago, didier said:

Will it be available with the exhaust bracket? The selection combobox is no longer visible. Or is it included by default now?

Included automatically

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone attempted to fit the Mosko Moto Backcountry to this rack ? Clearly needs modifying but is it doable ? 

My aim is to keep the bike narrow like in the second picture. A company in Australia sells the rack in the second picture but shipping and import duties to UK make that option too expensive. 
I really don’t want to have to buy the Outback Mototrek rails as in third picture as make big far too wide !

many thanks.

43EF5172-9E26-4D57-9CAF-EAC9B708D37A.jpeg

5BD7D5F8-92AA-41F0-92CB-BA59DC9F0038.jpeg

052B4C10-8047-447D-9237-3A6221D01F23.png

There was another thread on this forum where someone did it, he made some extra panels though, i think from plywood, to mount tothe rally raid racks, then mounted the mosks stuff to that.

You can prolly find it if you search. if i remember I will look for it.

Mike

• Like 1

I want to fit either a GL great basin or the MM 80s to the bike, using these side racks. Do I need a rear rack too, or are the side racks sufficient? Thanks!

How about one of you guys producing stuff create a soft bag stay similar to the givi ones, just to hold bags off the plastics? 🤞I’d get my wallet straight out. The most similar one I’ve seen so far is for the mt03 and cbf600. 

I reckon it could be re shaped slightly to fit and suit the t7 with minimal effort. I don’t want racks covering my bike when bags aren’t fitted. I’d love the mosko set up (reckless) although I’d like just the shell so I could put what I want in the “holsters”, and like Kreiga, but still want them off my plastics. 
also has anyone tried the sw motechlegend  slc? I’m still considering them and thinking of getting one of their adaptors to modify my existing bags ( also still using the straps over the seat for strength). 

E41C2FDC-3F04-4709-8A5B-AA61FA959A86.png

72EF7A57-F179-4DA3-A20D-13976D3DF63C.png

C4459A76-EFB3-479B-96B9-368F3B442315.png

Here’s the mt03 version. I bet one could be made to fit t7 lines for £30. Any good small firms out there?

1CF80BB4-6265-47C9-8305-4BB85EC7E39D.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 6:40 PM, Ktmmitch said:

First set of soft luggage to be evaluated with our new Soft Luggage Racks developed specifically for the Yamaha T7 Tenere is the Mosko Moto Reckless 80, kindly loaned to us by T7 owner Alan.
Although I have never used this brand before, they fit nicely over the rear seat of the T7 and strap securely using 2 straps at the rear and 2 at the front, the front straps attach to the strap loops laser-cut into our lower mounts, so that they cannot slide out, and also they still work with the OEM pillion footrest hangers removed.
There is also the option to thread the side straps through our side panels, then connect, with snap buckles, to the front of the bags, for extra rigidity.
I also filled to top fold-over bag with luggage to see how high it went, and it was still easy to swing a leg over the bike to get on or off, and it didn’t push the rider forward when seated correctly.
The principle of our popular soft luggage racks is to keep the overall width of the rear slim, but have enough area to fix the luggage securely and keep it away from the silencer and rear wheel/chain area.

105981495_3659232897427158_7041694597391266113_n.jpg

83122416_3659232980760483_2627640388033422830_n.jpg

106007533_3659233124093802_8346764481942606633_n.jpg

75429642_3659233014093813_7417667302761383159_n.jpg

105946766_3659233090760472_1141171640675179830_n.jpg

105979073_3659232910760490_7079983280111300295_n.jpg

105980504_3659233350760446_3057670604722360265_n.jpg

106008150_3659233290760452_2294589267808670354_n.jpg

106177325_3659233190760462_7710124372793911204_n.jpg

Hi Mitch, can you tell me the length of spacers that go between the top of the rack and the frame, so I can work out comparability with my other gear? Thanks

9 hours ago, NeverMetThePope said:

Hi Mitch, can you tell me the length of spacers that go between the top of the rack and the frame, so I can work out comparability with my other gear? Thanks

49mm

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 9/15/2020 at 2:30 AM, Ktmmitch said:

http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/yamaha-t7-tenere/yamaha-t7-tenere-soft-luggage-racks

Our new Soft Luggage Rack system for the Yamaha T7 Tenere are now available from stock, based on our tried and tested generic panels for the CB500X, G310GS & KTM 690 Enduro.
These fit close to the bodywork for minimal width restriction, and are held off the plastic bodywork by rubber pads, so no scratching the OEM paintwork, and they help restrict vibration.
The lower mount arms (with strap loop) fit to the frame between the OEM passenger hangers, but can also fit without the cast hangers, perfect for solo trail riding.
Designed to work with all the major soft luggage manufacturers, Giant Loop, Mosko Moto, Enduristan & Kriega, they also accept Rotopak fuel or water containers (1 gallon).
Can fit with OEM 2-piece seat, OEM 1-piece Rally seat or OEM tail pack.
We have found a common problem that when the bike is dropped on the right side, it is very easy to bend the silencer mounting tubes that are welded to the main frame under the bodywork, which can then cause damage to the cast alloy swinging arm by the mounting bolts on the inside of the silencer. To counteract this there is the option to buy a Silencer Support Plate which reinforces the OEM mount by attaching it to our racks, giving much more strength and resistance to bending in a fall

RRP632-12.jpg

RRP632-3.jpg

RRP632-5.jpg

RRP632-8.jpg

RRP632-7.jpg

RRP632-11.jpg

RRP632-10.jpg

Bumping this into a Hail Mary. 

So Im interested in the Mosko Moto backcountry pannier. Im well away of the Rackless system, so this concerns this application only. 

My only concern with the pannier system, e it Mosko or others, is how freaking far out the ags hang with the racks available. Especially the right hand side with the pipe. 

So I got to thinking, what aouyt these slim racks for soft ags? Could Mosko's "wedge" that gets mounted to the rack e adapted to something like this. I checked Rally Raids website and it appears they're off Earth. the site just states check ack the end of 2023. 

Bummer as it looks lie, without a tape measure or either company in hand, that the Mosko Puck could potentially attack to this Tally Raid rack. 

Then got to looking at the adventure Spec Side Rack, and while flat without tubes, could the Mosko Moto Puck be potentially mounted onto it by perhaps drilling holes to mount on the Adventure Spec rack? 

The point being is to be able to bring those panniers closer bike. 

Any thoughts would be great. 

Cheers

1 hour ago, Hollybrook said:

@johnnygolucky Rally Raid's Facebook page says the new website will be up on Monday. 

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I refuse to use Facebook so I kind of miss out on marketing stuff like that as a result. 

I can understand to use social media as extra but when you use only that source you don't understand how it works.

• Dislike 1

12 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

Bumping this into a Hail Mary. 

So Im interested in the Mosko Moto backcountry pannier. Im well away of the Rackless system, so this concerns this application only. 

My only concern with the pannier system, e it Mosko or others, is how freaking far out the ags hang with the racks available. Especially the right hand side with the pipe. 

So I got to thinking, what aouyt these slim racks for soft ags? Could Mosko's "wedge" that gets mounted to the rack e adapted to something like this. I checked Rally Raids website and it appears they're off Earth. the site just states check ack the end of 2023. 

Bummer as it looks lie, without a tape measure or either company in hand, that the Mosko Puck could potentially attack to this Tally Raid rack. 

Then got to looking at the adventure Spec Side Rack, and while flat without tubes, could the Mosko Moto Puck be potentially mounted onto it by perhaps drilling holes to mount on the Adventure Spec rack? 

The point being is to be able to bring those panniers closer bike. 

Any thoughts would be great. 

Cheers

I think the main problem with this would be the angle that they would sit at. Most of these soft pannier racks are not perpendicular to the ground - they follow the contour of the bike. Because of this, weight you put on them would press inwards towards the bike. Also, most soft pannier racks don't have a crossmember on the back, so I think you'd be getting a lot of flex with heavy bags on there, and the Backcountry bags and pucks are very heavy. At the very least, you would need a crossmember.

SW Motech's racks are pretty narrow and are meant to hold hard luggage. I don't think they're compatible with Mosko's pucks, but they might be a better base to start modifying from than the soft luggage racks.

advgoats.com

• 6 months later...