Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
Cruizin

Do you still plan on getting a Tenere 700?

Are you getting a Tenere 700?  

256 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting a Tenere 700

• Yes, when Yamaha decides to actually let me I will get one
    • No, they lost my business on this bike
    • Not sure yet, waiting for other's reviews
    • I just came to vote for beer and titties

ADVUSA

image.png.81b6b65fd1efc9a5bfdf6c4974ae404a.png

My deposit is already down. I have until mid-next year to sell my KTM 690 r.

• Like 2

ahamay
1 hour ago, bikeever said:

Ordered today at local dealer. Tenere should come February/March 2020. He has all colours in stock at the moment but I´not in hurry. First I have to get rid of KTM 790 ADV RKTMkilla

What was your experience with the KTM?

bikeever

Had a few common issues. Moistness in dashboard, lost screw at shift lever and oil leak at drive shaft exit🤷‍♂️

Frayed

Up in the air at the moment.  Looking at another yr. wait here.  Can put down a refundable $100 deposit with a dealer a couple miles away so not much tied up or lost in the end there.  Being a smaller rider the Rally Raided CB500x looks a bit enticing though.  Get a 2019 for the updates, do suspension first then later wheels.  In the end the T7 looks potentially the better choice especially off-road.  

al700
4 hours ago, bikeever said:

Had a few common issues. Moistness in dashboard, lost screw at shift lever and oil leak at drive shaft exit🤷‍♂️

Have you test ridden the Tenere 700? How does it feel compared to the KTM 790 R?

• Like 1

ADVUSA

It's going next year, 2014 KTM 690 r. No issues, except not suitable for long distance travel.

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 12.11.06 PM.png

darmahman

Just yesterday put down $500 deposit for delivery hopefully by June/July. Fingers crossed. 

Todd B

I put my deposit down in Victoria, British Columbia. June 2020 delivery. Lucky for me that I was late to the party and the world raid. The wait is 6 more months.

• Like 1

Currently ride a WR290R and a 08 Vstrom 650. Soon to own a2021 T7

Adrenolin

Dropped my $500 deposit in the USA on Nov 23rd.. the day after US pricing was confirmed. Have my choice of the first bike they get in or the first Matte Black that comes in.

slakdawg

For those in the US that have put a deposit down. What was the dealeo there? My local dealer had no clue and was saying Sept/Oct next year before they would get them. 😞

I need to find another dealer. Charlotte NC area.

Motoadventure

Not sure you do Charlotte,  I ordered mine nearly 2 years ago when it was a consept bike and Yamaha gave the dealer several dates, failing to deliver for several months. I got in in August but it was well woth the wait. 

Mick  

IMG_6081.jpg

Ten7

Well time and circumstances have changed things so at this stage I could not afford the T7 but still wanted a new bike low and behold you sitting down 😁 I brought a HONDA CRF250L its no T7 but I am enjoying this little beauty hope I can still hang around here thanks 👍 

• Like 1

shaneygrog
2 hours ago, Ten7 said:

Well time and circumstances have changed things so at this stage I could not afford the T7 but still wanted a new bike low and behold you sitting down 😁 I brought a HONDA CRF250L its no T7 but I am enjoying this little beauty hope I can still hang around here thanks 👍 

I can't afford one either and have a DT200 I ride around my farm that's 23 years old, and i'm still allowed around here! 😳 I'm still saving some $$ so we will see what the future brings? Good luck on the CRF!

• Like 2

ahamay
On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:55 AM, slakdawg said:

For those in the US that have put a deposit down. What was the dealeo there? My local dealer had no clue and was saying Sept/Oct next year before they would get them. 😞

My dealer in Oregon had no more info than I had when I went in in August. I still pushed money on to him. Have not heard from him since. I will start bugging him in the new year now that we know that preordering is supposedly starting in March. Then those preorders getting filled starting in June. At least that is the word on the street.

ADVUSA
12 minutes ago, ahamay said:

My dealer in Oregon had no more info than I had when I went in in August. I still pushed money on to him. Have not heard from him since. I will start bugging him in the new year now that we know that preordering is supposedly starting in March. Then those preorders getting filled starting in June. At least that is the word on the street.

Dealers in the U.S. don't know Jack.  

image.png.0459e89ad2a4faad8e9a22dff6bc5768.png

al700

No more plans...

IMG_20191217_154957.jpg

IMG_20191216_153729.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by al700
  • Like 5

Frayed
On 12/18/2019 at 12:55 PM, slakdawg said:

Probably depends on the dealer.  My local dealer in VA was willing to take a $100 refundable deposit for the 1st one to come through their doors when I inquired a while back.  

Whitey66

I'm in Australia and I pre-ordered one last Monday, dealer rang today and it's just arrived.

I was told originally that all pre-orders would be filled before store stock and demo's so I wasn't expecting one so quickly, I suppose mine was a pre-order even if it was a short one (4 days).

• Like 4

ADVUSA
On 12/19/2019 at 5:02 PM, ADVUSA said:

Dealers in the U.S. don't know Jack.  

image.png.0459e89ad2a4faad8e9a22dff6bc5768.png

Bump.

DeathBunny

I guess so. Put down a deposit today.

shaneygrog

My local shop has one coming next week as floor stock and it may be mine if I buy it?

I'd almost given up on one but a few $ came my way so it looks like it might really be a reality now though I won't believe it, not one little bit, until I ride the bike away from the dealers....

• Like 2

r2r

Fingers crossed in that case  🤞 🙂 

Edited by r2r
  • Like 1

Millsy1050

I am so torn and just wish someone would make my mind up for me...

Was a little underwhelmed when I rode one last week, I get that it's designed to be simple but it just feels really basic, and also nowhere near as fun as the 790 R I test rode. Reliability of a KTM though for big rides to the back of beyond is a bit dubious.

And then there's the price, yes it's good value for a new bike buuut looking around I could get a fully set up low mileage Africa Twin for less.

Gaahhh

I said to someone if only the 790 R had been built by the folk at Yamaha or Honda I'd be sold

Doogle

I get mine delivered tomorrow 😁

ordered in August. Could have had it a few weeks sooner but thought I would wait for the new plate. 

shaneygrog
19 hours ago, r2r said:

Fingers crossed in that case  🤞 🙂 

Thanks mate! Deposit down, should have it next week!

• Like 3