Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Do you still plan on getting a Tenere 700?

Cruizin

Are you getting a Tenere 700?  

376 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting a Tenere 700

• Yes, when Yamaha decides to actually let me I will get one
    • No, they lost my business on this bike
    • Not sure yet, waiting for other's reviews
    • I just came to vote for beer and titties

On 12/18/2019 at 10:55 AM, slakdawg said:

For those in the US that have put a deposit down. What was the dealeo there? My local dealer had no clue and was saying Sept/Oct next year before they would get them. 😞

I need to find another dealer. Charlotte NC area.

Yamaha announced they would take official pre-orders about 3 weeks ago.  $500 minimum deposit.  By the time I made it to the dealer, 3 others had pre-ordered.  I explained to the dealer I didn't want to be in line for whatever allotment of bikes Yamaha was sending them.  He explained to me that unlike KTM, pre-ordered bikes are not dealer allotted bikes, they are bikes you are actually ordering from Yamaha that Yamaha will deliver before the dealer gets his floor bikes.  I explained to him that I would be upset if I put a deposit down and it wasn't like he just explained it.  To avoid me being upset he called the Western Yamaha rep who confirmed, pre-orders are for sure from Yamaha and are filled before the dealers get their floor bikes.  Happily I put a deposit down and we entered my order directly into the dealers Yamaha order system in the color of my choice (matte black as I crash a lot).  I could not order the explorer or rally pack nor any accessories.  Yamaha said I'll have my bike "first week in June."  The dealer said that probably meant in the Yamaha warehouse not in my hands.  Dealer says it may be 2nd week in June before it's in Pocatello so don't be disappointed.

Edited by Idarex

I checked with my dealer as well on the accessories I ordered. He confirmed they are ordered and will be in before my bike arrives in June!

• Like 1

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black

11 minutes ago, GPSAT said:

I checked with my dealer as well on the accessories I ordered. He confirmed they are ordered and will be in before my bike arrives in June!

Hey! GPSAT! you live pretty close from where I live!! 45 min from New Liskeard!!

It has been 6 weeks since I left a 500$ deposit. So I shot the dealer an email to let him know Im still alive.

”Has not heard from Yamaha in 3 weeks but everythin is still on schedule as far as he knows.”

At least he got back to me in less than an hour and remembers me.

Again I can’t fault the dealers. Yamaha is being there usual .

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Idarex said:

Yamaha announced they would take official pre-orders about 3 weeks ago.  $500 minimum deposit.  By the time I made it to the dealer, 3 others had pre-ordered.  I explained to the dealer I didn't want to be in line for whatever allotment of bikes Yamaha was sending them.  He explained to me that unlike KTM, pre-ordered bikes are not dealer allotted bikes, they are bikes you are actually ordering from Yamaha that Yamaha will deliver before the dealer gets his floor bikes.  I explained to him that I would be upset if I put a deposit down and it wasn't like he just explained it.  To avoid me being upset he called the Western Yamaha rep who confirmed, pre-orders are for sure from Yamaha and are filled before the dealers get their floor bikes.  Happily I put a deposit down and we entered my order directly into the dealers Yamaha order system in the color of my choice (matte black as I crash a lot).  I could not order the explorer or rally pack nor any accessories.  Yamaha said I'll have my bike "first week in June."  The dealer said that probably meant in the Yamaha warehouse not in my hands.  Dealer says it may be 2nd week in June before it's in Pocatello so don't be disappointed.

Are you in the USA? I mean, I see what you list your location as ID. Talked to my local dealer sales manager two minutes ago and he still cannot see the T7 in the ordering system. He even called his rep while I was on the phone. The rep said official announcement of priority order program will likely come after Daytona, so that just around the corner. His rep said delivery would be June/July, but that could be to the dealership itself, not necessarily the mainland.

That said, he was willing to take a deposit since the rep said ordering would be available soon. But still not official until the order is in the Yamaha ordering system.

8 hours ago, t7savard said:

Hey! GPSAT! you live pretty close from where I live!! 45 min from New Liskeard!!

My family is from there and Cobalt. Let's get a ride in!

• Like 2

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black

17 hours ago, Idarex said:

Please provide a link to this announcement:  “Yamaha announced they would take official pre-orders about 3 weeks ago.  $500 minimum deposit.”  

Also, please have your dealer email you a screen print of your actual order “we entered my order directly into the dealer’s Yamaha order system in the color of my choice”.  

At this point, seeing is believing . . . especially, when Pocatello, Idaho is the only Dealer in the USA that can place an order online.

Thank you,

Tom (Pocatello High School Graduate 1970) I will be in Poky in July for our 50th reunion . . . yep, old fart here.

• Thanks 1

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

On 3/5/2020 at 4:02 AM, Tom McDonough said:

Please provide a link to this announcement:  “Yamaha announced they would take official pre-orders about 3 weeks ago.  $500 minimum deposit.”  

Also, please have your dealer email you a screen print of your actual order “we entered my order directly into the dealer’s Yamaha order system in the color of my choice”.  

At this point, seeing is believing . . . especially, when Pocatello, Idaho is the only Dealer in the USA that can place an order online.

Thank you,

Tom (Pocatello High School Graduate 1970) I will be in Poky in July for our 50th reunion . . . yep, old fart here.

I don't remember where I heard it but I read it somewhere.  I went down 5 days after I read it and three guys had pre-ordered ahead of me.

I've been working in Rexburg all week but after reading what others are saying in this thread I went back to the dealer last night.  He had just pre-ordered another making it 5 total for him.  I explained my concern and that other dealers had been unable to place a T7 order for their customers.  He offered that you are welcome to call him with questions on how the pre-order works.  Karl Ward sales at Switchback Motorsports (208)241-2135.  He represented again that those of us on pre-order are getting our bikes 1st week of June before dealers get their bikes.

That said, we did enter the order into the yamaha dealer software while I sat there.  Before ordering we called the dealer's Yamaha Rep to make sure they were representing the pre-order process to me correctly.  We entered the color and it came back $500 minimum deposit.  The dealer tried to convince me to deposit $2000 and get a parts rebate or something but I declined.  I have a receipt on the bike $100 off at $9899, plus 6% Idaho sales tax, and $14 title fee.  No doc fee or destination charge. (I'm hoping they don't come after me later for the destination charge)

While I was there last night I had him check accessories again.  We could not access any T7 accessories.

I'm in Rexburg again today and I'm going to go to the Yamaha dealer here when I get off work.  I'll see if they can pre-order me a T7.  It would be nice to know what the hell is going on with everyone having a different experience.  I'll let you know how my visit to Rexburg Motorsports goes.

Edited by Idarex
  • Like 1

They did this in Ireland last summer and dispite what they were saying there wasn't a big rush initially. That was July but then I bought mine in February and there was very few on the ground and they were told that they would not be able to get more from the factory for two months. I had to drive to the other side of the country to get mine but thats only 2.5 hours so no major problem. 

• Premium Member

In the UK (Northern Ireland, bit) pre-ordering online first came out in 2017 and it was July/August 2019 when 1st bikes arrived. 

On 3/4/2020 at 12:10 PM, Idarex said:

Per my GA dealer . . . as of today (3/6/20):

“My yamaha rep was here 2 days ago and I asked him about it specifically on your behalf, still not open for order.“

Yamaha finally announced a launch of Tenere700 in Japan a few days ago and I pre-ordered mine today! it will be delivered on early June.

Japanese also likes T7 very much and dealership said mine was the last one from first delivery and next delivery will be like autumn or winter.😇 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, troxxos said:

Yamaha finally announced a launch of Tenere700 in Japan a few days ago and I pre-ordered mine today! it will be delivered on early June.

Japanese also likes T7 very much and dealership said mine was the last one from first delivery and next delivery will be like autumn or winter.😇 

So Japan gets Japanese adventure bikes (at) last. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, troxxos said:

How about a link to the announcement?

• Like 1

Good to that it's finally being sold here but disappointing to see that Yamaha decided to charge nearly $2,000 more for it than in the U.S. despite not having to ship it across the world at 1,265,000 yen, which is $11,918.

Edited by twinrider

1 hour ago, twinrider said:

Good to that it's finally being sold here but disappointing to see that Yamaha decided to charge nearly $2,000 more for it than in the U.S. despite not having to ship it across the world at 1,265,000 yen, which is $11,918.

yes... it's a bit more expensive than we expected. 

one the other hand, USD9,999 is very good price compare to the prices in Europe, not only Japan. Yamaha seems really wants to sell T7 in US.

7 hours ago, troxxos said:

yes... it's a bit more expensive than we expected. 

one the other hand, USD9,999 is very good price compare to the prices in Europe, not only Japan. Yamaha seems really wants to sell T7 in US.

You would think Yamaha would really want to sell a lot of them in Japan as well given how motorcycle sales are plummeting here. But I don't think they'll sell many at that price point. It's almost double the cost of an MT-07 despite having the same engine and the same basic electronics package (ABS).
1411743544_ScreenShot2020-03-16at6_44_31PM.thumb.png.4c3207c201167eacdf5bf14da4d13a5d.png44082756_ScreenShot2020-03-16at6_43_02PM.thumb.png.409a943450341145a6136d42d8a58a68.png

1,265,000 Japanese Yen equals

11,945.99USD(today’s exchange rate)

https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1265000&From=JPY&To=USD

Yamaha is screwing their own Japan customers.  The T7 should sell for $750 less than the states.

Look at the XSR700 comparison.  7.5% less in Japan.

Honda and Suzuki could file (less than fair value) dumping lawsuits which would result in added duty fees (+7.5%).  Yamaha should reprice the Japan market bikes to $9,250 (980,004 Yen)

14F6EA71-2FF2-4B30-9745-2E55ECF71F48.jpeg
Edited by Tom McDonough
  • Like 2

On 2/28/2020 at 7:03 PM, shaneygrog said:

My local shop has one coming next week as floor stock and it may be mine if I buy it?

I'd almost given up on one but a few $ came my way so it looks like it might really be a reality now though I won't believe it, not one little bit, until I ride the bike away from the dealers....

Now i'm a believer!

IMG_0470.JPG.2ea76088d6966dab35472f8dcbebc2cb.JPG

And there it is, sleeping after a hard days ride!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Going down to the Catskills with the Beemer tomorrow.

Hardly a problem.

Cops should just throw the tickets on the ground and make sure I throw,the signed  copy of it on the ground,

More likely  can just rail  .