Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Do you still plan on getting a Tenere 700?

Cruizin

Are you getting a Tenere 700?  

376 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting a Tenere 700

• Yes, when Yamaha decides to actually let me I will get one
    • No, they lost my business on this bike
    • Not sure yet, waiting for other's reviews
    • I just came to vote for beer and titties

• 2 weeks later...

update:

An hour ago, Yamaha officially announced that they will temporarily shutdown their factories in Japan in May because of shortage of exported parts and decreasing sales in Europe.

Delivery in Japan will be delayed, and new schedule is TBD for now.

I think it is the same situation in US

• Premium Member

The Japanese factory was supposed to start building the T7 in January, so there “should” have been a few bikes built. Several riders (that put down a deposit) across US are posting that the dealers contacted them yesterday to confirm their order. That’s sounding like a few are on the way🤞🤞🤞

From what I understand, Yamaha Sales Reps are confirming dealer orders (with $500 deposit/down payment) and will try to fill the orders this summer.  More than likely, July is best case scenario for the states.

I can only assume the Canadian bikes will be produced first . . . followed by the states bikes.  

I was expecting to see info this month on the T7 priority delivery program . . . I won’t hold my breath.

It would not surprise me if a good % ask for their deposit back . . . due to the state of the economy etc.

One would assume, the Canadian bikes are already produced by now . . . 

• Like 1

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

• 3 weeks later...

It’s interesting to see the variance in stories. I contacted two dealers here in Pennsylvania and both said pre-order was currently unavailable and they would contact me in May when they were able to take orders. I wonder, how are some dealers able to order these and others are not?

25 minutes ago, Johnnym87 said:

It’s interesting to see the variance in stories. I contacted two dealers here in Pennsylvania and both said pre-order was currently unavailable and they would contact me in May when they were able to take orders. I wonder, how are some dealers able to order these and others are not?

Yup, lots of variance for sure.

AFAIK, no US dealer has officially pre-ordered. It's all been verbal communication with Yamaha sales reps and dealers. Asking if any customers have committed a deposit and to get color requests. I think some people confuse this informal conversation and deposit with an actual, official pre-order. They're different.

I'm still waiting for someone to produce a screenshot of the dealer ordering system showing the Tenere 700 as an option.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, slakdawg said:

Yup, lots of variance for sure.

AFAIK, no US dealer has officially pre-ordered. It's all been verbal communication with Yamaha sales reps and dealers. Asking if any customers have committed a deposit and to get color requests. I think some people confuse this informal conversation and deposit with an actual, official pre-order. They're different.

I'm still waiting for someone to produce a screenshot of the dealer ordering system showing the Tenere 700 as an option.

Agreed. I’ve looked all over and even finding legitimate information on the ordering process seems scarce. I’d be curious as to how long the wait will be from the time we order until taking actual delivery. Being the east coast I’m sure I’ll be one of the last, guess I could always order one into San Jose where my brother lives but that’s a haul...also the dealer here locally is offering zero setup/delivery fees so that’s a plus. Is this normal when ordering a bike? 

• 3 weeks later...

Sure do, it’s ordered & getting extras fitted at the dealer right now!

I hope to take delivery next week.

Looking forward to having it as my long term Adventure bike, hopefully it’s a reliable excitement machine that I can put 100,000klm’s on Over 10 years.

I sold a KTM790R for this bike. 🙋🏼‍♂️👍

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I’ll probably be selling my 450L when I get mine. Hopefully in the next few weeks. 

9 hours ago, Mickeyboy said:

I'm still undecided.  I need a test ride  to judge the size (I'm short) I'm also looking at the Honda  Xadv 

I’m a fairly new rider with a short 28” inseam which is what matters. I stand just 5’8”. When I was looking for my first bike at age 45 everyone was saying the crf250l. After my research I was drop dead decided on the WR250R even though it’s seat height is 36.6”. Was a great decision and so glad I went with it. I have 2 WRRs now both with custom suspensions. One remains OEM height while the other has a 2” internal drop. 

You can get the seat height down a couple inches fairly easy via the suspension, 20 & 40mm lowering links / raised forks, and low seat. Internal suspension lowering can also be done. 

I stand fast for the shorter folks with taller bikes and refuse to acknowledge that I can’t have the better bike or my choice because I’m short. Just do it. 😆👍🏻

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Adrenolin said:

I’m a fairly new rider with a short 28” inseam which is what matters. I stand just 5’8”. When I was looking for my first bike at age 45 everyone was saying the crf250l. After my research I was drop dead decided on the WR250R even though it’s seat height is 36.6”. Was a great decision and so glad I went with it. I have 2 WRRs now both with custom suspensions. One remains OEM height while the other has a 2” internal drop. 

You can get the seat height down a couple inches fairly easy via the suspension, 20 & 40mm lowering links / raised forks, and low seat. Internal suspension lowering can also be done. 

I stand fast for the shorter folks with taller bikes and refuse to acknowledge that I can’t have the better bike or my choice because I’m short. Just do it. 😆👍🏻

EXACTLY THIS!...

With 29" inseam & coming from mostly road riding, I USED TO limited myself to 31" seat height as I was always scared to drop it.

Until I got on my GS low which was still a good 33"...well, did drop a few time but learn as we go. With more time on the saddle and practice, I find myself able to move around without much issue...until that one big pothole lol...

As Adrenolin said, there are low link & low seat available. with time, you will learn to adapt to higher seat...well there will always still be some challenge as steep hill/big ass rock/huge potholes will always be there...but when that comes, just ride smarter...not every thing we do need to be "send it" 😆

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys. I will probably change the shock linkage and drop the forks a little.  But I'll ride it standard for a while to see how I get on. I do want to go off road but nothing to gnarly and know it will get dropped now and then. Having a 28" inseam has made me used to tip toes on a bike but would like at least 1 foot to reach the ground,  especially when the bike is loaded up.

Mickey 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a newbie evaluating the T700 but currently I'm 90% there. Have to sell my current bike Suzuki SV650 2019 first though. Located in NZ where the bike is just starting to take off.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Casper99 said:

I'm a newbie evaluating the T700 but currently I'm 90% there. Have to sell my current bike Suzuki SV650 2019 first though. Located in NZ where the bike is just starting to take off.

Hi. You won't be disappointed if you take the leap. It's an awesome bike. Commute, scratch, off road. It will do it all with really no compromises.

Rich

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2020 at 1:11 PM, Mickeyboy said:

I'm still undecided.  I need a test ride  to judge the size (I'm short) I'm also looking at the Honda  Xadv 

Ive had a couple. Fantastic bikes however bad turning circle and tall /limited ground clearance.  Tip toe and im about 30 in seam

I cant remember when I first saw the T7 concept in the UK at the NEC Motorcyle Live show but it was a few years ago now. I wanted it instantly and then I got annoyed when it started to feel like it was never going to happen. New bikes came along but now its 2020 and this bike still ticks most boxes for me. In the past I loved my KTMs 690, SE950 and ADV990 which all have quite a wide gap in the pros and cons. The T700 has a little bit of all of them and thats what I like most about it. Its a keeper !!!  

• Like 2

I've put down deposit here in South Africa. They arrive end October but no idea on price yet. That might be the deal breaker

I sold my 690 Enduro and ordered a 700 last week.  Dealer called the Yamaha rep to make sure it would be available.  Rep said he could get me one in around 6 weeks.  I'm dying already with anticipation.  I even cleaned out my garage so she will have a clean place to come home to.

One week from today will be exactly 2 months since many of us put down our $500.00 deposits. Where is my bike Yamaha?

4 minutes ago, jas340 said:

One week from today will be exactly 2 months since many of us put down our $500.00 deposits. Where is my bike Yamaha?

Two posts up.......it is headed for South Africa.

On 7/14/2020 at 11:13 AM, toycloser said:

I sold my 690 Enduro and ordered a 700 last week.  Dealer called the Yamaha rep to make sure it would be available.  Rep said he could get me one in around 6 weeks.  I'm dying already with anticipation.  I even cleaned out my garage so she will have a clean place to come home to.

I sold my 690 as well for this bike. That was 6 months when I put down a deposit and was told, and have been told 11 times since "it will be here in just a few weeks". 

The wait it real. 

Edited by johnnygolucky
  • Like 1

Well I  just bought some parts for one so I guess I’m now committed.  Ive also ridden one so i (kinda) know what I’m getting myself into.  Ill just keep waiting. I’m real hopeful for late August but have no real reason to back that up.  What would be fantastic for me is to get one by sometime in the fall, have a couple months to ride to see what i want to do to it over the winter months, then i can spend all winter making it perfect! 

• Like 1

I was told the 15th for July is when it would be delivered, guess I'm part of the blind gang now too.

I don't have a claim number because I didn't have an inside view as to "how it really works." Yeah, I signed up but the second step being the critical one just passed me by since I had other things to do that day.

With the passing of time my new bike fever is dissipating.  Salesmen know that they have a very limited window to make the sale.  Too bad Yamaha marketing/corp/clumsy didn't seem to take that into account.

If my local dealer, who has my name on a list and didn't seem to know anything about the pre-order business, calls me today it's 50/50 whether I'd even go talk to them since I anticipate being jacked around. (not that I know that about them but it's endemic to the business of vehicle sales)

I already have a motorcycle. The T7 is turning into just another motorcycle to me.

I've gotten too old to wait. T7 is off the list.