Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Do you still plan on getting a Tenere 700?

Cruizin

Are you getting a Tenere 700?  

376 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting a Tenere 700

• Yes, when Yamaha decides to actually let me I will get one
    • No, they lost my business on this bike
    • Not sure yet, waiting for other's reviews
    • I just came to vote for beer and titties

I’ve had  a KLR 650 for the last 2 years. Waiting on my local dealership to receive their first Tenere. I was told yesterday it will be end of September or early October before they receive it. As soon as it arrives I’ll be driving it home. 

Edited by Scudrunner
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my somewhat local yamaha dealer has had my $1000 deposit since mid June now. I fell in love with the red and white one and of course that ended up being the last ones to be delivered. However, I talked to a salesman today who said the ones they were supposed to get in October were pulled so no one has any clue when they'll be in. It all seems very up in the air. But yeah, still 100% committed to this bike. I just hope it isn't snowing by the time it gets here. 

• 2 weeks later...

Want a black one but no one within a 500 mile radius at any dealership can give me a solid date of when one would be available even with a deposit. I get everything from "they are behind in shipping" to "1 to 2 months maybe" to "we are having a meeting with Yamaha next week to confirm" to "no one knows". Why would anyone put a deposit on a bike that might be a year away? I've already been waiting over a year. I'm just about ready to spring for a KTM790 Adventure R and call it done. 

• Like 2

On 8/27/2020 at 4:47 AM, Scudrunner said:

I’ve had  a KLR 650 for the last 2 years. Waiting on my local dealership to receive their first Tenere. I was told yesterday it will be end of September or early October before they receive it. As soon as it arrives I’ll be driving it home. 

I think they might mean end of September 2021.

On 5/13/2020 at 11:38 PM, Hoylie said:

Sure do, it’s ordered & getting extras fitted at the dealer right now!

I hope to take delivery next week.

Looking forward to having it as my long term Adventure bike, hopefully it’s a reliable excitement machine that I can put 100,000klm’s on Over 10 years.

I sold a KTM790R for this bike. 🙋🏼‍♂️👍

What would provoke you to sell a ktm790r for a T-7? The 790r seems like a t-7 with better suspension and better/more electronics.

On 3/4/2020 at 9:10 AM, Idarex said:

Yamaha announced they would take official pre-orders about 3 weeks ago.  $500 minimum deposit.  By the time I made it to the dealer, 3 others had pre-ordered.  I explained to the dealer I didn't want to be in line for whatever allotment of bikes Yamaha was sending them.  He explained to me that unlike KTM, pre-ordered bikes are not dealer allotted bikes, they are bikes you are actually ordering from Yamaha that Yamaha will deliver before the dealer gets his floor bikes.  I explained to him that I would be upset if I put a deposit down and it wasn't like he just explained it.  To avoid me being upset he called the Western Yamaha rep who confirmed, pre-orders are for sure from Yamaha and are filled before the dealers get their floor bikes.  Happily I put a deposit down and we entered my order directly into the dealers Yamaha order system in the color of my choice (matte black as I crash a lot).  I could not order the explorer or rally pack nor any accessories.  Yamaha said I'll have my bike "first week in June."  The dealer said that probably meant in the Yamaha warehouse not in my hands.  Dealer says it may be 2nd week in June before it's in Pocatello so don't be disappointed.

It's September now, did you get it?

1 hour ago, kuyajon said:

What would provoke you to sell a ktm790r for a T-7? The 790r seems like a t-7 with better suspension and better/more electronics.

@Hoylie quite frankly I’m wondering the same thing.  I have a buddy agonizing over the research on a KTM790R, T7, Tiger 8\900, GS800. The more info on the 790r the merrier. 

I was just about to order the T7 before Covid. Now I will wait until next summer, hoping prices might go down in the EU as the US / Aussie demand is met. Hopefully, I can then start my around the world trip.

Yes. The possible lockdowns looming give me the creeps, but I'm going to trade in my Yamaha Tracer 900 GT to get a Ténéré 700 Rally Edition that I should be riding in October. Leaving a great bike, but the new T7 has succeded to strike a nostalgic key in my soul's piano.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, restless soul said:

I was just about to order the T7 before Covid. Now I will wait until next summer, hoping prices might go down in the EU as the US / Aussie demand is met. Hopefully, I can then start my around the world trip.

Restless, forget about your idea. Had the same idea here in Switzerland close to the German border. T7's are nearly sold out in Southern Germany. No discount. In August only three in black available in 80km radius around Zurich. So I bought it when my preferred dealer offered me one. More than 3100 km later I'm still happy about this decison. Believe me it also takes time to order and mount the accessories. The unbeatable argument, I already enjoy riding my T7 😉

On 9/18/2020 at 1:45 PM, DT675 said:

@Hoylie quite frankly I’m wondering the same thing.  I have a buddy agonizing over the research on a KTM790R, T7, Tiger 8\900, GS800. The more info on the 790r the merrier. 

There seems to be many and varied stories around reliability issues on the 790R

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ordered a 2021 a couple of weeks ago. Preliminary delivery date is set to March.

Just to wait and hope now.

Dlr sent me a picture of mine yesterday, i cannot get there for a couple of weeks to get it so kinda bummed out. 

I traded in my V Strom 650 (I loved the bike, but off road wise its not even half the bike) for a Tenere 700 five hours ago. All black, baby!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I gave my dealer a $1,000.00 deposit in early October for a November delivery.  In mid November they notified me that due to, "factory insufficiencies" my order would be filled in January.  So, January now arrives and no bike.  My dealer just called and the factory rep now tells him my order has been pushed to March delivery at the earliest due to, "Logistical disruptions created by the global health crisis." To my dealer's credit, they are willing to return me deposit and cancel the order.  Is this a common narrative other buyers in the USA are currently experiencing?   

Alternatively, I can purchase a new 2019 Africa Twin for a few dollars more  and go home with it in a week.   Maybe owning a bike is better than an indefinite wait with no bike, even if it isn't my first choice.  🤔

I have already collected bark busters, crash bars, and have watched far too many T700 YouTube videos to give up hope quite yet.

Elon Musk was right when he stated this summer, "If you don't make stuff, there is no stuff."       

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Butter said:

I gave my dealer a $1,000.00 deposit in early October for a November delivery.  In mid November they notified me that due to, "factory insufficiencies" my order would be filled in January.  So, January now arrives and no bike.  My dealer just called and the factory rep now tells him my order has been pushed to March delivery at the earliest due to, "Logistical disruptions created by the global health crisis." To my dealer's credit, they are willing to return me deposit and cancel the order.  Is this a common narrative other buyers in the USA are currently experiencing?   

Alternatively, I can purchase a new 2019 Africa Twin for a few dollars more  and go home with it in a week.   Maybe owning a bike is better than an indefinite wait with no bike, even if it isn't my first choice.  🤔

I have already collected bark busters, crash bars, and have watched far too many T700 YouTube videos to give up hope quite yet.

Elon Musk was right when he stated this summer, "If you don't make stuff, there is no stuff."       

Call around. Look on biketrader. Guarantee there is one sitting on a floor room unclaimed. You may need to drive a couple hours. 

I just went on yamahas website. Went to find dealers. Called everyone in the state and boarding states. 

Got one.

• Like 1

They are out there, 5th Gear Powersports in Elko Nv has a red and white one. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I made the order on VeteransDay.  Was told to expect the bike in January.  I'm still expecting.  No word from the dealer.

I placed an order for a T7 back in August...still haven't heard a thing. (they wouldn't take a deposit).

But 2 months ago I found one randomly (FB marketplace) a few hrs away. Called and gave them my cc number and picked it up a few days later.

Found it at All Terrain Motorsports in Grand Junction Co. 

Edited by Hammy

• 2 weeks later...

ordered and placed my deposit in late August in Pennsylvania. initially expected in november, then pushed back to january. Just today the dealer emailed me to say january is now pushed back to february..at this point i won't be surprised if they push it back to the next model year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, afhaldeman said:

ordered and placed my deposit in late August in Pennsylvania. initially expected in november, then pushed back to january. Just today the dealer emailed me to say january is now pushed back to february..at this point i won't be surprised if they push it back to the next model year. 

2022! You'll have the newest bike out there 

Sigh. Is it really worth the wait? I could of had one in July but would have needed to finance it. Now I have the cash and no sign of any Teneres in California.

I guess I really just want an excuse to get out of the house...