Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Do you still plan on getting a Tenere 700?

Cruizin

Are you getting a Tenere 700?  

376 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting a Tenere 700

• Yes, when Yamaha decides to actually let me I will get one
    • No, they lost my business on this bike
    • Not sure yet, waiting for other's reviews
    • I just came to vote for beer and titties

9 hours ago, Hammerhead said:

White & red may be a little too patriotic for Canucks? Some of us aren’t that much into flag waving. Though that behaviour has grow considerably up here in my lifetime.

I hear ye- it's like: you just can't win

• 4 weeks later...
On 13.12.2021 at 16.25, Justi said:

Minusta on hyvä päästä opiskelemaan näin nopeasti.

Yesterday I got a new Ténéré home next to the old one. I am happy.

20220203_114701.jpg

• Like 7

OOOOOooo!   Soon, very soon,  I'll be able to post a picture very much like that!

Riding faster than everyone else only guarantees you'll ride alone.....        

1 hour ago, Justi said:

20220203_114701.jpg

Tidy.

Nice kitchen too 👍😉 it’s where they belong. 

bet the wife has a cooker down the shed. 😁

• Like 1

On the bus to Dublin now to introduce myself to my new 700 Tenere.....

2 hours to go.....😄

IMG_20220210_100725_476.thumb.jpg.7611bb38753d740e2add190ee96e0078.jpg

Edited by Toppie
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Toppie said:

On the bus to Dublin now to introduce myself to my new 700 Tenere.....

2 hours to go.....😄

IMG_20220210_100725_476.thumb.jpg.7611bb38753d740e2add190ee96e0078.jpg

Just be yourself, and take some flowers. 😁👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Toppie said:

On the bus to Dublin now

@Toppie you made me smile. All the best to you!!!

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

13 hours ago, Dougie said:

Cmon @Toppie  you made it home? Or still out playing on it? 

Home now Dougie!  Had a very pleasant journey across to Megabikes in Ballymount, Dublin.

Freebie ride on the Bus éireann intercity coach (All Ireland Travel Pass for Old Folkthumbsup)
Got to the dealers at 12:30 and the bike was all prepped and ready to ride.

I was really lucky with the weather.

Very chilly but bright and dry.

A motorway ride would see me 75% of the way home and take me about an hour and a bit door to door.

I decided to take the winding way though and spent close on three hours getting acquainted with the new T700.

What a pleasure!

An easy machine to become familiar with and within a few short minutes I was very much at ease.

Dealer-man dutifully guided me through the running-in requirements and it was the usual, take it steady, keep it between 3 - 5k rpm bla bla.

I watched the rev counter for a little while but it soon became apparent that my normal riding style didn't actually take the bike ever-so- far out of those parameters.

5000 rpm was around 100 kph in 6th so....I decided to just ride it 'normally'.

Whizzed it up around 6k rpm once or twice.

Pleased with the nice linear response.

And, my route required some stop-start-up-and-down-the-gearbox stuff.

Also nice for bedding everything in.

The bike is just about everything I'd hoped.

Nowt to learn electronically as we all now know, 'cept pressing a button to de-select the ABS for off-road.

That's it.   

Very, very simple dash. 

The bike seems a robust, no nonsense package and lends itself readily to rider modification which is something I enjoy.

I thought it'd have an almost identical stance to my 660 but its not quite.

I will need to lower it a wee bit to feel more secure at slow speed manoeuvring.

Not a big problem.

I'll get my heavy bits bolted on, centre stand, crash bars etc then set my sag before I decide what drop I'll need. 

Might get away with about 25-30 mm.

I did about 150 kms on the way home.

If I were asked for a very concise way to sum up my overall opinion I think it would be:

Simply, sublimely simple.

I think we'll be very, very happy together.

Oh....and I put it to good purpose on the way home and bagged an Irish Photo Rally Point.

1st of 2022

1111257342_Tenere-Copy.thumb.jpg.a4e75f5748280ec44825b9e44a793c18.jpg

1328098206_Tenere1-Copy.thumb.jpg.92a1c65ddbe3b20f8f50218da15c69ef.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Toppie said:

Home now Dougie!  Had a very pleasant journey across to Megabikes in Ballymount, Dublin.

Freebie ride on the Bus éireann intercity coach (All Ireland Travel Pass for Old Folkthumbsup)

A motorway ride would see me 75% of the way home and take me about an hour and a bit door to door.

I decided to take the winding way though and spent close on three hours getting acquainted with the new T700.

What a pleasure!

An easy machine to become familiar with and within a few short minutes I was very much at ease.

Dealer-man dutifully guided me through the running-in requirements and it was the usual, take it steady, keep it between 3 - 5k rpm bla bla.

I watched the rev counter for a little while but it soon became apparent that my normal riding style didn't actually take the bike ever-so- far out of those parameters.

Nowt to learn electronically as we all now know, 'cept pressing a button to de-select the ABS for off-road.

That's it.   

Very, very simple dash. 

The bike seems a robust, no nonsense package and lends itself readily to rider modification which is something I enjoy.

I will need to lower it a wee bit to feel more secure at slow speed manoeuvring.

Not a big problem.

I'll get my heavy bits bolted on, centre stand, crash bars etc then set my sag before I decide what drop I'll need. 

If I were asked for a very concise way to sum up my overall opinion I think it would be:

Oh....and I put it to good purpose on the way home and bagged an Irish Photo Rally Point.

1st of 2022

Finally it's yours.  Looks great and the color is fine.  Enjoy and post your fun here.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Toppie said:

What a pleasure!

That's it.   

Very, very simple dash. 

Not a big problem.

1st of 2022

Nice one toppie. Looks great. Sounds like a day out not quickly forgotten. 🍺👍

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Toppie said:

What a pleasure!

That's it.   

Very, very simple dash. 

Not a big problem.

1st of 2022

Bike looks fantastic, enjoy, now you can spend a fortune on shiny bits

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mike99 said:

Bike looks fantastic, enjoy, now you can spend a fortune on shiny bits

Yes....and black bits........installing centre stand the 'morrow and then the heated grips.

Ordered some drop links and looking at protection bars.

I've a nice set of Bark Busters installed on my xt660 and thought I'd swap 'em out before I sell it on but....

The T7 bars are +- 400mm narrower!

On a bit of a tangent:

My new bike's now parked in my wee work shop next to my quite nice 2011 xt660z.

Couldn't help comparing the two.
I'll tell you what.....the auld xt660 has a great deal going for it in my opinion.

Perhaps it's the new Ténéré's more modern materials/design etc; that can make some parts smaller, lighter and perhaps prettier in some respects but....

....I'm buggered if the 660 doesn't look the very much stronger machine.

And the switch gear!
Jeez...the xt660 makes the T7's look ever-so-slightly Chinese.

That being said...I'm really well pleased with the new bike.
I know it'll serve my purposes very well indeed.

1 hour ago, Toppie said:

Yes....and black bits........installing centre stand the 'morrow and then the heated grips.

Ordered some drop links and looking at protection bars.

I've a nice set of Bark Busters installed on my xt660 and thought I'd swap 'em out before I sell it on but....

The T7 bars are +- 400mm narrower!

On a bit of a tangent:

My new bike's now parked in my wee work shop next to my quite nice 2011 xt660z.

Couldn't help comparing the two.
I'll tell you what.....the auld xt660 has a great deal going for it in my opinion.

Perhaps it's the new Ténéré's more modern materials/design etc; that can make some parts smaller, lighter and perhaps prettier in some respects but....

....I'm buggered if the 660 doesn't look the very much stronger machine.

And the switch gear!
Jeez...the xt660 makes the T7's look ever-so-slightly Chinese.

That being said...I'm really well pleased with the new bike.
I know it'll serve my purposes very well indeed.

Glad you use the standard colour, this i can read in the dark mode.
I have the XT660Z in my living room and the T7 looks like a big dirtbike and the 660 looks kind of sluggish.
On paper the T7 is 4kg lighter (mainly because of the smaller tank) but it feels 50kg lighter when you take him down the dirt tracks.
IMG_20220211_213103.thumb.jpg.8511c5fd3d6c5b6a39febdf62644ec9f.jpg

• Like 1

Keep em both toppie  🏍🏍. 
must admit I do love all teneres. When I jump on the 1vj after the 700 with the +40 rally seat, it feels like a monkey bike.  But everything is well thought out. Grease nipples. Kickstart. Correct place for exhaust 😉. Light as f****, with 23 litres of super. And she’s pretty as. 
….

I do wonder where all  @Ray Ride4lifefurniture is though🤔. That is dedication. 😁

10 minutes ago, Dougie said:

Keep em both toppie  🏍🏍. 
must admit I do love all teneres. When I jump on the 1vj after the 700 with the +40 rally seat, it feels like a monkey bike.  But everything is well thought out. Grease nipples. Kickstart. Correct place for exhaust 😉. Light as f****, with 23 litres of super. And she’s pretty as. 
….

I do wonder where all  @Ray Ride4lifefurniture is though🤔. That is dedication. 😁

I took that picture when posting the reaction form my couch with the feet on the table, what furniture do you need more as a single guy?
The beer filled fridge and kitchen is behind the wall :classic_cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 7:19 AM, Justi said:

20220203_114701.jpg

Absolutely awesome 👌 👏 👍 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2022 at 6:32 AM, Ray Ride4life said:

I have the XT660Z in my living room and the T7 looks like a big dirtbike and the 660 looks kind of sluggish.
On paper the T7 is 4kg lighter (mainly because of the smaller tank) but it feels 50kg lighter when you take him down the dirt tracks.

I almost bought one 8 months ago, fell in love with the looks of it.  Glad I waited though, the twin engine is so smooth and powerful.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, winddown said:

I almost bought one 8 months ago, fell in love with the looks of it.  Glad I waited though, the twin engine is so smooth and powerful.

That's why i went for the T7.
My trips got more adventurous and the weight of the Crosstourer was getting in the way but the 660 was a bit restless on long days in the saddle. The power was enough once the powercommander was installed together with the K&N but a bit extra would be appreciated just like the smoothness.
Mine is almost in the perfect configuration (for me) and that will be fixed next month.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well its almost May 2022 and none of the dealers in BC, Canada have a model available and most are saying try again in 2023!  But Yamaha is unloading onto to their dealers lots of other models there is no demand for.  Go figure.  What's up with that strategy? Perhaps the Japanese plant can shut down one of the lesser sold bikes and start meeting demand. Never seen anything like this from a manufacturer who refuses to meet demand.  Sorry, but I'll be waiting in 2023 to see if Honda will release its "Transalp", the smaller version of the African Twin.  Otherwise, my current bike will do until manufacturers meet the demand for less bells and whistles and a reliable lighter and flawless adventure bike.  Yamaha Japan you've been shown up by your plant in France.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jerryscove said:

Well its almost May 2022 and none of the dealers in BC, Canada have a model available and most are saying try again in 2023!  But Yamaha is unloading onto to their dealers lots of other models there is no demand for.  Go figure.  What's up with that strategy? Perhaps the Japanese plant can shut down one of the lesser sold bikes and start meeting demand. Never seen anything like this from a manufacturer who refuses to meet demand.  Sorry, but I'll be waiting in 2023 to see if Honda will release its "Transalp", the smaller version of the African Twin.  Otherwise, my current bike will do until manufacturers meet the demand for less bells and whistles and a reliable lighter and flawless adventure bike.  Yamaha Japan you've been shown up by your plant in France.

Keep your eyes open for a used one.  One will come up eventually.  I'd like to hear the real story as to why you can't get the bike in Canada.  The mystery continues...