Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 - Crash Bars

Marcus

Went with the Adventure Spec Alloy bars. As noted there is a bracket to fit under headlamp to join upper bars. The" ugly join" I thought was at tank level was just an optional sacrificial rubber pad. Happy with these bars due to lack of weight.

Edited by Markp
  • Like 1

I just tried to order the adv-spec bars today.. The money came out of my paypal, but when it returned to the adv-spec site It gave an error. The items are still in my cart, and I haven't received an order confirmation email.. I emailed them, but it's not confidence inspiring.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, CasualADV said:

I just tried to order the adv-spec bars today.. The money came out of my paypal, but when it returned to the adv-spec site It gave an error. The items are still in my cart, and I haven't received an order confirmation email.. I emailed them, but it's not confidence inspiring.

I caught them at their worst, ordering the day their new site finally launched on July 7th or whatever it was. Sketchy transaction on the site as well for me, gave them a few days then phoned them and reached someone in the States. They lined it all up, issued an emailed invoice fairly promptly, and shipped it up to Canada well before the end of July. Duty wasn’t bad at all, and install went very well. Happy with the product so far, hoping I don’t officially test them too soon here. 
1D976504-136C-41C3-9570-74CE73002191.thumb.jpeg.321e99d84458d6ba443769666ac8830b.jpeg

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

2 minutes ago, tenerecanada said:

I caught them at their worst, ordering the day their new site finally launched on July 7th or whatever it was. Sketchy transaction on the site as well for me, gave them a few days then phoned them and reached someone in the States. They lined it all up, issued an emailed invoice fairly promptly, and shipped it up to Canada well before the end of July. Duty wasn’t bad at all, and install went very well. Happy with the product so far, hoping I don’t officially test them too soon here. 
1D976504-136C-41C3-9570-74CE73002191.thumb.jpeg.321e99d84458d6ba443769666ac8830b.jpeg

That's good to hear. Especially about the duty. I'm in Canada too, and that had me worried a bit.

Thanks

• Like 1

Good to hear. The white looks really flash with the Red/white . I need Barkbusters also. One tip over and the levers are history. Is the bashplate the AXP composite ?

I'm wondering if anyone has mounted the AS top with a touratech engine/water pump lower guard. I think it would work..

Anyone know if the adventure spec skid is compatible with outback motortek crashbars? Getting center stand/skid plate and crashbars compatibility is tough with such a new bike.. A sticky thread with such compatibility would be great

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vagrant318 said:

Anyone know if the adventure spec skid is compatible with outback motortek crashbars? Getting center stand/skid plate and crashbars compatibility is tough with such a new bike.. A sticky thread with such compatibility would be great

AS skid plate works fine with OM crash bars and OEM center stand. 

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

spacer.png

Fantastic- thanks! Also add me to a list if you start selling vinyl kits..

• Like 2

Does anyone know which centerstand works wirh the CrossPro ( AdventureSpec ) Bashplate ? H&P, or SW-Motech? My T7 with CrossPro Crashbar, Bashplate and SW-Mo Topcase

Crashbar_Dashplate _Topcase_mounted.jpg

3 hours ago, svebes said:

Does anyone know which centerstand works wirh the CrossPro ( AdventureSpec ) Bashplate ? H&P, or SW-Motech? My T7 with CrossPro Crashbar, Bashplate and SW-Mo Topcase

Crashbar_Dashplate _Topcase_mounted.jpg

I was told sw motech works with adventure spec so I ordered the AS skid plate but dont have it yet

• Like 1

On 8/11/2020 at 1:49 AM, vagrant318 said:

I was told sw motech works with adventure spec so I ordered the AS skid plate but dont have it yet

Thank you for your information vagrant. Today there is a special offer from moteo. 105€, all in. I just ordered that one. Moteo called it back from a testing in a leading German magazine for some reason. The tester wrote that they don't understand why Moteo withdraw their centerstand. It is light, sturdy with stable standing. I'll keep you posted. Guess it will take some time. My best guess is 14 days.

I mounted everything and yes it works fine.

all_mounted.png

Edited by svebes
Answer provided
  • Like 1

Genuine Yamaha crash bars are junk.

I fell down (offroad) at very low speed (<10 km/h) and the bars are totally bent.

492dfc807d0c66bb9f0b5df927e71e21o.jpg

The junction with the frame, bent...

1e97f002b4ac23e4436c66b53f756566o.jpg

b8db4403eaa273069c791cf90df3c08fo.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

I just ordered the outback motortek yesterday- seeing them dropping and dragging a bike made me feel fairly confident in the protection it will offer

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, vagrant318 said:

I just ordered the outback motortek yesterday- seeing them dropping and dragging a bike made me feel fairly confident in the protection it will offer

Nice! I highly recommend them, in the 2-3 months I've had the, they have been put to the test and work

• Like 1

I will very soon be a proud owner of a Tenere 700 and I'm also looking into getting some nice protection.

I'm actually leaning towards the Heed bars, I have only read good thins about them.

I'm in no way an expert in this kind of things, but they do seem to weight a little bit (around 10Kg according to their website).

@29er whats your take on their weight?

On the up side, I actually appreciate that they disclose this information, It is not that easy to find this spec on many other manufacturers.

I recently also found the following option. These bars do have an attractive price point, but I couldn't find any feedback on them online. Does someone have anything to say about them?

14 hours ago, 29er said:

The weight didn't really bother me, they are a full set upper and lower bars so i guess any full set will have a similar weight and to be honest i have no idea what they weigh, but on receiving them they seemed fine - i didn't think "ohhh they are heavy". I am all for saving weight so I am not adding a centre  stand, i have gone for soft luggage, and no tank bag - if i do get a tank bag it will be a small one, and i have cut down on the bacon sarnies too - there are lots of....weighs.... to save weight, but for me engine bars were a must have.

Thanks for your feedback, I'm mostly convinced the Heed bars are the way to go 😉

• Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 11:09 AM, ScorpionT16 said:

spacer.png

Did you have to purchase the full OM upper/lower bars to get your lowers?

Just posting this here as it popped up on my fb feed today:

Outback Motortek crash bars.
Well yesterday i was inspecting my bike and noticed the 12mm bolt supplied with my crash bars was loose, closer inspection showed it pulled the threads out of the motor!
I installed them “loose” as instructed by the owner of the company’s YouTube video.
After I disassembled them I held them up to their mounting points as seen in the picture. The rear holes aren’t even close and when tightened after “loose” fitting places undue stress on the main 12mm bolt. Why they supply only a 55mm long bolt idk? There is plenty of thread for a longer bolt. Maybe they can’t afford a longer one because I only paid $1200 for their complete adventure set.
Anyway I used my press to bend the bar to the correct position and used a longer bolt and torqued to spec.
If they had been made correctly there would be no need for “Loose” fitting !!!

117877718_10223298909081924_7304854937736841748_o.jpg

117838117_10223298901961746_451742305726241548_o.jpg

117445339_10223298901641738_4130474501452214879_o.jpg

• Like 1

I had the exact same thing happen when I installed the OM bars, the 55mm bolt is too short. Threading it in by hand it everything felt normal, tried to sung it up & it pulled threads right out of the engine casing. So that along with a lack of any instructions (yes I watched the shitty video) was enough for me to send them back. For reference I am using SWM bars now, the bolt supplied in that location is 75mm long on one side & 65mm long on the other.  Buyer beware with OM bars! And for you guys running them now you might want to check those bolts...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wow that’s messed up!  I was disappointed that OM told me they won’t sell the lower bars separately, but now I feel like I dodged a bullet.  I ordered the SW Motech bars yesterday; it looks like that was probably a good decision.  

Edited by Toei

38 minutes ago, Toei said:

Wow that’s messed up!  I was disappointed that OM told me they won’t sell the lower bars separately, but now I feel like I dodged a bullet.  I ordered the SW Motech bars yesterday; it looks like that was probably a good decision.  

Let us know what you think when you get the bars fitted.  They are on my list along with Adventure Spec and Altrider.

Posted these pics on some other threads, a re-post makes sense here. Givi crash bars "tested" on multiple occasions. So far they are holding up great, with some fairly significant whacks. The majority of my rides are on the trails, so no pavement falls.....Yet. 

t7.jpg.b722abb534a93f8b530e8ab8ebbeb7e5.jpg696794541_crashbarsskidplate.jpeg.8242d8f5908cba9c4c63e0ea016f65bd.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

That gives me some confidence that I made a good choice when I fitted the Givi ones.

9 hours ago, Engineer said:

That gives me some confidence that I made a good choice when I fitted the Givi ones.

Same!  I did tons of research on this, and it seems the Givi are the only ones that don't go directly into the engine.

Mine arrived today!  And they aren't that heavy compared to all the others!

IMAG9794.jpg

🙂

Edited by pgeldz