Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

EDITED Update on preorder deliveries , and it's good.

Cruizin

• Supporting Vendor

Hopefully all the Black models that aren't in that pic above are because they are being sent to customers, haha.

🙂

- Paul

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As owner and publisher of the Tenere 700 Forum, I would have gladly tested and written about this bike.

I mean, if Yamaha wants to reach potential Tenere 700 owners , this is the website that they are visiting for info. By a very large freaking margin.

27 minutes ago, rhicks said:

ADVMotoMag on Facebook.    Think it's in GA.  Press event.  Not sure how many were involved but they have to get the hype up for a bike that's already sold out.   /s

I'm in North Georgia. I'll find them and steal a couple...

• Like 2

My guess:   Ellijay GA

5D975FC7-3D1D-4FA7-8EF2-E3D71237D971.jpeg

134FED45-226F-4780-8362-5F28E8E48F75.jpeg

Edited by Tom McDonough
  • Like 1

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

1 hour ago, Cruizin said:

I mean, if Yamaha wants to reach potential Tenere 700 owners....

Um.........based on Yamaha had their web sight crash and then selling out of their entire first stock of 700's in minutes....I don't think they're stressed about finding customers. 

• Premium Member

Hypothetically, pretend you are Yamaha USA’s CEO and in a case of more PDP sales that bikes or all bikes are not on route; (which in theory hopefully should not be the case). What is your Policy on distribution order I.e.:

How (and to whom) would you allocate bikes to and when ? 

By State, Claim Number order, Age of Customer, West Coast first, Top selling Dealers, main Off Road Dealers first, Previous Customers, Dealer with the nicest sales girl, divide the number of bikes you have by the number of States or Dealers, or just stick pins in a map ?

Edit: Hopefully none of this allocation methods are needed as it just Covid19 and may be rioting delays.

I'm in California, only miles from the Port of Los Angeles and Yamaha Corp Hq (not that it could make a difference).

My dealer messaged me yesterday, after his phone confirmation with Yamaha.   He said that I am #1 of 2 that have been confirmed for his dealership and to expect delivery either this Friday, or Tuesday.  I don't know.  Sounds like it would be a major coup if it's works out.  We'll see.  That's all I have to go by.  I'll let you all know.  Luck to us all at some point.

This is motorcycle #23 for me in my life and never have I had a purchase experience like this before.  Sign of the times I suppose.

Edited by Brownie
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Just spoke with my dealer who has been checking the internal system multiple times a day🦗🦗🦗 nothing but crickets...  He’s been assured that the bikes he’s requested are locked in, but no movement yet. One of those are his 😏

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, PNWTEN said:

Just spoke with my dealer who has been checking the internal system multiple times a day🦗🦗🦗 nothing but crickets...  He’s been assured that the bikes he’s requested are locked in, but no movement yet. One of those are his 😏

Best wishes. Gee I feel for you guys.... If there is a scientific way to heighten up expectations then Tenere 700 USA has achieved that. Again best wishes, I hope all get T7 sooner rather than later.

Why they pre-sold more bikes then they had is asinine to behind with.. if indeed that’s what happened. They knew how many of each of the 3 colors were going to be available in the first shipment when the PDP took place. For simplicity let’s say 100 each black, red and blue bikes we’re coming in. The PDP backend should have been programmed so that once 100 were reserved you’d be told and giving the choice of a different color to resubmit. I mean this is how it works people. Why Yamaha can’t get it straight is amazing. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Adrenolin said:

Why they pre-sold more bikes then they had is asinine to behind with.. if indeed that’s what happened. They knew how many of each of the 3 colors were going to be available in the first shipment when the PDP took place. For simplicity let’s say 100 each black, red and blue bikes we’re coming in. The PDP backend should have been programmed so that once 100 were reserved you’d be told and giving the choice of a different color to resubmit. I mean this is how it works people. Why Yamaha can’t get it straight is amazing. 

There is no real evidence that there are less bikes than PDP sales.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor

Honestly not really sure why everyone is up in arms about this...

From the Dealer bulletin that was put out, it was clear (to me anyway), that PDP bikes would be delivered to customers starting in June, going thru August.

So for me, if I don't get my bike by Sep 1st, that's when I'll be up in arms 🙂

- Paul

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, X Plane said:

There is no real evidence that there are less bikes than PDP sales.

Ohh I know this.. for some reason people started looking at the Claim numbers trying to decide them and somehow came to the conclusion that more bikes sold. That doesn’t make sense to me and I’d hope Yamaha was better then that. Still, if the PDP bikes are here why aren’t they just being shipped out to dealers? Covad is an excuse imo used by many and I don’t believe it’s really what’s holding up the bikes. 

I’ve remained calm and with the “when I get it I get it” attitude since first reading about the bike 4 years ago. Still have it. What bothers me isn’t that I don’t have the bike but the rumors from both people wanting the bike AND the dealers who spread so much misinformation as well. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

As a (UK) outsider looking in.... The constant lack of factual information through out the whole US process astounds me. And speculation and fake news seems to fill in the massive voids left by little of no real factual information. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, BellissiMoto said:

Honestly not really sure why everyone is up in arms about this...

From the Dealer bulletin that was put out, it was clear (to me anyway), that PDP bikes would be delivered to customers starting in June, going thru August.

So for me, if I don't get my bike by Sep 1st, that's when I'll be up in arms 🙂

- Paul

Totally Agree.........  Bulletin said June to August.   Hype!

Guess people still sore from dealers taking money in 2019 and folk then wrongly thinking that was them well up a queue, that in fact meant nothing as the scramble opened up on 22nd May 2020. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, X Plane said:

As a (UK) outsider looking in.... The constant lack of factual information through out the whole US process astounds me. And speculation and fake news seems to fill in the massive voids left by little of no real factual information. 

Yamaha I’m finding out has never had good PR with releases. Honda, KTM, etc all provide solid dates and information long before release. For whatever reason Yamaha seems to keep tight lipped on everything sadly. 

• Premium Member
Just now, Adrenolin said:

Yamaha I’m finding out has never had good PR with releases. Honda, KTM, etc all provide solid dates and information long before release. For whatever reason Yamaha seems to keep tight lipped on everything sadly. 

That is Not the case in Europe though..... I’m beginning to believe that Yamaha USA and Yamaha Japan are not best buds, after all US is the last major market of the whole world to get this highly anticipated and desirable bike. On highly desirable Yamaha Japan have done a brilliant job.

It's the lack of communication and the failed launch website that crashed that has people kind of upset. For as long back as I can remember, putting in a deposit early with a dealer got you one of the first bikes.

All of a sudden with no warning this is not the case. and the way Yamaha announced this new crazy pre-order system four days before the launch and they didn't even announce it to consumers they announced it to dealers in the form of a bulletin that many of them didn't even read until we called and made them aware of it. 

And then there is the crash.

And the people now that are going to be getting their t7s early in June is simply due to whose dealers were able to get their pre-order confirmed in the 2 minutes after the pre-order went live, versus the people whose dealers weren't able to get their pre-orders in until after the crashed website came back up.

This is what has some people nervous pissed or upset. And then there's me I created this website back in 2018. I kind of have a stake in this game. I kind of look forward to getting my bike featuring it on this website as well as all the upgrades I'm going to be doing to it.

But hey this is the situation we're in covid 19 came along and messed up everyone's plans including Yamahas and it is what it is.

As far as rubbing dirt and making fun of people for getting overly excited about this, that's nonsense. Motorcyclists are passionate people Yamaha's world raid campaign was passionate marketing campaign. 

I own four motorcycle forums and I also manage six Facebook motorcycle groups. Both exist because people are passionate about their motorcycles. Therefore people get pretty passionate about having to wait for their actual motorcycle while the rest of the world is riding wheelies down their dirt roads and having fun.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

It's the lack of communication and the failed launch website that crashed that has people kind of upset. For as long back as I can remember, putting in a deposit early with a dealer got you one of the first bikes.

All of a sudden with no warning this is not the case. and the way Yamaha announced this new crazy pre-order system four days before the launch and they didn't even announce it to consumers they announced it to dealers in the form of a bulletin that many of them didn't even read until we called and made them aware of it. 

And then there is the crash.

And the people now that are going to be getting their t7s early in June is simply due to whose dealers were able to get their pre-order confirmed in the 2 minutes after the pre-order went live, versus the people whose dealers weren't able to get their pre-orders in until after the crashed website came back up.

This is what has some people nervous pissed or upset. And then there's me I created this website back in 2018. I kind of have a stake in this game. I kind of look forward to getting my bike featuring it on this website as well as all the upgrades I'm going to be doing to it.

But hey this is the situation we're in covet 19 came along and messed up everyone's plans including Yamahas and it is what it is.

as far as rubbing dirt and making fun of people for getting overly excited about this, that's nonsense. Motorcyclists are passionate people Yamaha's world raid campaign was passionate marketing campaign. 

I own four motorcycle forums and I also manage six Facebook motorcycle groups. Both exist because people are passionate about their motorcycles. Therefore people get pretty passionate about having to wait for their actual motorcycle while the rest of the world is riding wheelies down their dirt roads and having fun.

^^^^^  This should go directly to the CEO of YamahaUSA.

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, ADVUSA said:

^^^^^  This should go directly to the CEO of YamahaUSA.

Rob could become the next CEO. 

Hopefully no hypothetical allocation methods are needed as it just Covid19 and the odd riot delaying definite delivery info. As BellissiMoto said no bike in September then that’s proper cause and time to bitterly complain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He'd be a great CEO !

I get that timeframe and most of us do here.

Rob's point is if you put down a deposit last June and because of the "scramble of a PDP program"

you could end up last meaning August.

Edited by ADVUSA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

^ Agree!

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
13 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

As far as rubbing dirt and making fun of people for getting overly excited about this, that's nonsense. Motorcyclists are passionate people Yamaha's world raid campaign was passionate marketing campaign. 

Just to be clear, (and I didn't take this meant to be directed solely towards me), I wasn't making fun of anyone.  I was just saying that the bulletin said to expect PDP deliveries between June and August, so to me, it's unreasonable to think I'd get my bike solely in June and not have to wait until August, that's all.

But I understand people are upset.  Honestly, it has to do more with the lack of actual info than anything else.

I'm just going off of the info I have, and the info I have says delivery between June and August.

Yamaha did drop the ball though on saying they will be delivered on a first come first serve basis, which was dependent on the dealer entering the order into their system (which made this impossible to do in a timely manor when their system crashed)  That, I totally understand.

- Paul

• Like 3

• Supporting Vendor
5 minutes ago, ADVUSA said:

He'd be a great CEO !

I get that timeframe and most of us do here.

Rob's point is if you put down a deposit last June and because of the "scramble of a PDP program"

you could end up last meaning August.

I hear ya.  Here's another thing to ponder...

A person has a deposit on one.  Bike comes in 1st week of June.  Person cancels.  Another customer walks in and buys it on the spot.

A person who bought one from a dealer next town over had their deposit, has a claim number, etc, gets his in August.

I'm sure it'll happen.  My dealer alone already had two people cancel.  Whether or not those bikes will still come to the dealer I'm not sure, only because I'm not sure if the customer cancelled when the dealer made them aware of the online reservation number thing, or cancelled after they had a reservation number AND claim number.

So here is a question.  Does anyone know if any dealers have been invoiced for them yet?   or do bikes arrive first then they get invoiced?