Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

EDITED Update on preorder deliveries , and it's good.

Cruizin

You know the only thing I am really worried about? All the people that give up or never even try one out because they were hyped into not being interested. I fear it could discourage the further development of a "mid range" investment in North America. And don't think it cant/won't happen. Look at the Acura NSX...10 years of hype and it didn't sell hardly at all before quietly fading away. Now, I realize that's comparing a $100k car to a $10k motorcycle, but the principle is the same.  And there is evidence of other past similar scenarios.

I never buy new because I'm financially very careful and buying new vehicles doesn't really make fiscal sense. I've personally ignored that side of me this time to put my money where my mouth is. I want to provide undeniable evidence that there is a good reason to invest their resources into this segment. But we gotta get bikes in peoples hands so it keeps the interest high. Fingers crossed it is soon. I'm beyond ready. Not to mention I know of 3 people waiting to see my reaction before they buy. The money is there if they will give a reason to make it.

44 minutes ago, BellissiMoto said:

Just to be clear, (and I didn't take this meant to be directed solely towards me), I wasn't making fun of anyone.  I was just saying that the bulletin said to expect PDP deliveries between June and August, so to me, it's unreasonable to think I'd get my bike solely in June and not have to wait until August, that's all.

But I understand people are upset.  Honestly, it has to do more with the lack of actual info than anything else.

I'm just going off of the info I have, and the info I have says delivery between June and August.

Yamaha did drop the ball though on saying they will be delivered on a first come first serve basis, which was dependent on the dealer entering the order into their system (which made this impossible to do in a timely manor when their system crashed)  That, I totally understand.

- Paul

I wasn't directing it at you, didn't even read your post until now.  I was addressing a couple other posts , some on Facebook group and some adv rider. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rhicks said:

So here is a question.  Does anyone know if any dealers have been invoiced for them yet?   or do bikes arrive first then they get invoiced?  

As of 4 pm today, my dealer has not. He said that he knows it's loaded on the truck being delivered when he gets that invoice. The process is electronically triggered when scanned to be loaded.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Just got credible info. Only a small limited amount of the preordered  T7's are going out to USA dealers in June. The bulk of them going out in July and even into August.

And yes, I'm talking about the bikes that we all preordered and have claim numbers for.

He did not have exact numbers, just an email forwarded from the top. No, I cannot share the email, lawsuits are not fun and my source would probably get in big trouble. 

A very small limited amount of us will be getting T7's this month. Sounds like leaving warehouse this week.

The rest of our preordered bikes aren't even built yet, and factory is closed until June 12th.  

Sorry for the bad news. 

It's the same story in Europe. I have heard that the French factory re-opened, but they must have a backlog that is at least 4 month.

1 hour ago, Adrenolin said:

Ohh I know this.. for some reason people started looking at the Claim numbers trying to decide them and somehow came to the conclusion that more bikes sold. That doesn’t make sense to me and I’d hope Yamaha was better then that. Still, if the PDP bikes are here why aren’t they just being shipped out to dealers? Covad is an excuse imo used by many and I don’t believe it’s really what’s holding up the bikes. 

I’ve remained calm and with the “when I get it I get it” attitude since first reading about the bike 4 years ago. Still have it. What bothers me isn’t that I don’t have the bike but the rumors from both people wanting the bike AND the dealers who spread so much misinformation as well. 

I have confirmed that there are less bikes in the USA than what was presold via PDP. 

8 hours ago, Matt Collins said:

Your source was just referring to Idaho 🙂

Hey, I live in Idaho! Horseshoe Bend to be exact. My dealer only sells Yamaha. I might be good to go. PS I may rent my bike back to the dealership as a floor model if he is game. My incurable illness is becoming chronic once again.  😷

• Supporting Vendor
4 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

I have confirmed that there are less bikes in the USA than what was presold via PDP. 

Yep, that is true, which is the reason why the June-August time frame.

If all the bikes sold via PDP were already in the USA, it wouldn't take until Aug to deliver them 🙂

• Supporting Vendor
13 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

I wasn't directing it at you, didn't even read your post until now.  I was addressing a couple other posts , some on Facebook group and some adv rider. 

All good!

🙂

Some good news! Just received confirmation after lunch today that my tenere and my buddies were confirmed with a ship date of 6/8 out of Compton. Last week we were told they should have shipped earlier this week but we are thinking with the civil unrest in the area it was delayed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, QUIT_IT_FLETCHE said:

Some good news! Just received confirmation after lunch today that my tenere and my buddies were confirmed with a ship date of 6/8 out of Compton. Last week we were told they should have shipped earlier this week but we are thinking with the civil unrest in the area it was delayed.

What were you claim numbers, and what color did you order?

On a different note, for the people who won't get the bike until Jul or August...

I have a buddy who rode one (in the US), and said it's FANTASTIC!!!

It's gonna be worth the wait!

1 hour ago, X Plane said:

Rob could become the next CEO. 

Hopefully no hypothetical allocation methods are needed as it just Covid19 and the odd riot delaying definite delivery info. As BellissiMoto said no bike in September then that’s proper cause and time to bitterly complain.

NEWS RELEASE

And in news from Japan today, Yamaha has announced that they are ceasing production of all Cruiser models. Yamaha CEO Rob "Cruizin" Fukishama also personally apologized for the timing of Yamaha's "World Raid" campaign and then the subsequent release of the three wheeled monstrosity better known as the "Yamaha Nikken".     In his apology, he stated that " we ran that elaborate World Raid campaign and got everyone excited, and then instead of releasing the T7, we came out with an ugly phucking 3 wheeler that nobody saw coming or even wanted".   

He also stated that his entire North American management staff were fired without severance pay for the way that they handled the USA Preorder launch.  He remarked that " the idiots dropped some secret new preorder system four fucking days before it was to go live". "They didn't tell anyone, they buried the announcement in the dealer bulletin system, before half of our dealers had even heard that the Tenere 700 was to even arrive".   "We had life long loyal Yamaha customers who had paid deposits to their dealers over a year ago miss out on the entire preorder because they hadn't heard anything, and their dealers didn't know either".

" Then, they went and fucked up the preorder , as dealers could not enter the preorder numbers". It was a Comedy of errors as desperate T7 fans rushed to their dealers with pitchforks in hand. "  That asshole CEO of KTM is still texting me laughing Memes over that. 

In other news, Yamaha today bought the Tenere 700 forum, the MT07 forum, the Tracer 900 forum and the MT10 forum for total of 12 Billion dollars combined. 

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

NEW RELEASE

And in news from Japan today, Yamaha has announced that they are ceasing production of all Cruiser models. Yamaha CEO Rob "Cruizin" Fukishama also personally apologized for the timing of Yamaha's "World Raid" campaign and then the subsequent release of the three wheeled monstrosity better known as the "Yama Nikken".     In his apology, he stated that " we ran that elaborate World Raid campaign and got everyone excited, and then instead of releasing the T7, we came out with an ugly phucking 3 wheeler that nobody saw coming or even wanted".   

He also stated that his entire North American management staff were fired without severance pay for the way that they handled the USA Preorder launch.  He remarked that " the idiots dropped some secret new preorder system four F^*@#%^! days before it was to go live". "They didn't tell anyone, they buried the announcement in the dealer bulletin system, before half of our dealers had even heard that the Tenere 700 was t0 arrive".   "We had life long loyal Yamaha customers who had paid deposits to their dealers over a year ago miss out on the entire preorder because they hadn't heard anything, and their dealers didn't know either".

" Then, they went and fucked up the preorder , as dealers could not enter the preorder numbers". It was a Comedy of errors as desperate T7 fans rushed to their dealers with pitchforks in hand. "  

In other news, Yamaha today bought the Tenere 700 forum, the MT07 forum, the Tracer 900 forum and the MT10 forum for total of 12 Billion dollars combined. 

Pretty funny, I think some people do need a little humor. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dealers can view all on order T7 units as of a few minutes ago. Just got a call from mine. The first time of the units (time stamped and released in order received) are starting to  ship. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Humor and beer gets me thru. 

Mostly beer here.. I’ve stepped up to an electric home brewery doing 6, 12 and 18 gallon batches with beer, wine and cider on tap. 🍻😆 Basement Brewery is still a work in process but hopefully have it completed for the winter brew season. 

81AFBA4E-B011-449C-B71B-3B2F92E80107.thumb.jpeg.ac0a79cb36c4443d27f0bab28cb4a9fc.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Adrenolin said:

Mostly beer here.. I’ve stepped up to an electric home brewery doing 6, 12 and 18 gallon batches with beer, wine and cider on tap. 🍻😆 Basement Brewery is still a work in process but hopefully have it completed for the winter brew season. 

81AFBA4E-B011-449C-B71B-3B2F92E80107.thumb.jpeg.ac0a79cb36c4443d27f0bab28cb4a9fc.jpeg

Holy shet! Well done, sir!   I say we need to hold the first annual Tenere 700 Forum Rally in your town! (where do you live again?)

Edit, Delaware!  Scratch that, 2300 miles away from me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm sure y'all will see this soon enough but there's hope.

Screenshot_20200603-183322.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruizin said:

Holy shet! Well done, sir!   I say we need to hold the first annual Tenere 700 Forum Rally in your town! (where do you live again?)

Any Rally held here in Delaware would surely be a fail.. though I’d keep the beer flowing for sure. 😆 I’m hoping to have a portable setup for future gathering though with a keg or 2 on tap. 👍🏻 

• Like 1

Meh. Looks like I'll be waiting a little longer.

IMG_20200603_185734473.jpg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, pgeldz said:

What were you claim numbers, and what color did you order?

On a different note, for the people who won't get the bike until Jul or August...

I have a buddy who rode one (in the US), and said it's FANTASTIC!!!

It's gonna be worth the wait!

CLAIM #73*435 MATTE BLACK