Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

EDITED Update on preorder deliveries , and it's good.

Cruizin

2 minutes ago, QUIT_IT_FLETCHE said:

CLAIM #73*435 MATTE BLACK

Too funny, yours is 1 digit different than mine and we are both in AZ with black bikes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sbeck09 said:

Too funny, yours is 1 digit different than mine and we are both in AZ with black bikes.

Awesome! My buddies is black too. Pretty sure his number was just above mine or just below I don't recall. Just checked again and the order says shipped now instead of estimated ship of 6/8. Maybe they will show up by the end of the week? Hope so...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BellissiMoto said:

Hopefully all the Black models that aren't in that pic above are because they are being sent to customers, haha.

🙂

- Paul

That's what I was thinking and hoping !!

• Like 1

Of course this information comes out AFTER my dealer is closed. Sent him an email so he can tell me when mine will be here. Fingers crossed for sooner rather than later. 

10 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

He'll write back "whats a T7" ? 

Oh, he knows. I've been the biggest thorn in his side for the last 6 months about this bike. He also ordered his own T7 along with one other preorder. 

• Haha 1

Called my dealer and they got nothing.  My number is 736218 so i should be good. But they have gotten no info yet. Or they dont know where to look. 

14 minutes ago, Mr.motarded said:

Called my dealer and they got nothing.  My number is 736218 so i should be good. But they have gotten no info yet. Or they dont know where to look. 

Tell them to look in the YDS system, order management, confirmed orders.  It's there. 

• Like 1

Dealer looked around I told her i would call and bug her some more tomorrow.  She was going to call her rep too. She is actually thankful that i keep bugging her she says she found out about the pdp from me and is basically getting all the information from me. 

3 minutes ago, Mr.motarded said:

Dealer looked around I told her i would call and bug her some more tomorrow.  She was going to call her rep too. She is actually thankful that i keep bugging her she says she found out about the pdp from me and is basically getting all the information from me. 

Then tell her that MSRP is $6,000 and all accessories are free, with free oil changes and tires for life!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Then tell her that MSRP is $6,000 and all accessories are free, with free oil changes and tires for life!

She was the one who told me that but she told me not to tell i guess your dealer got the same info as mine. 

2 hours ago, pgeldz said:

WHOO HOO!  Contacted my Dealer...estimated ship date 8 June!!!

Claim number? I'm 737048

Happy for you guys! 👍🏻 I’ll drop an email tomorrow and see. Awesome if the same but if not I’ll carry the continuous “when it gets here” attitude. 🙄😂👍🏻 Still braaping the WRRs just fine. 

3 hours ago, QUIT_IT_FLETCHE said:

Awesome! My buddies is black too. Pretty sure his number was just above mine or just below I don't recall. Just checked again and the order says shipped now instead of estimated ship of 6/8. Maybe they will show up by the end of the week? Hope so...

After I saw you post this I asked my contact at the dealer to check again cause it may have changed to "shipped", and he wrote back and said shipment info says "at warehouse".

Not sure if that means if still shipping on 8 June, or if it shipped already and now at the warehouse 🤣

Edited by pgeldz

• Premium Member

.... and Yamaha are now great guys 😁

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, X Plane said:

Funny how that works. I kinda feel like I'm in a Bipolar support group. 🤣

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, X Plane said:

Naw...it's still customer driven (pulling of teeth) to get this information.

And I've been told my status is "second half of July". All good though since I've been telling myself August and anything earlier will be bonus.

Just a random thought to all with claim numbers...

I DID get word form my source that the orders ARE time stamped and sequential.

However, ponder this...

Lets say there is x amount of bikes in the first round for June, and that number is 500.  Lets also say that the FIRST 500 claim numbers were all in one state or region, like on the East Coast.

Do you really think Yamaha would let all the bikes go to just one geographic area and leave everyone else to wonder why only one state or region got them?

It's possible, and this is just my speculation, that even though the claim numbers ARE time stamped and sequential, that they could be pushed sequentially BY STATE.  Wouldn't it be better to have the bikes scattered around the country to gain interest for more people to buy them, than to just go in order by number only and have one potential region get all the first wave bikes?

Something to think about.

I guess we'll know for sure when someone get's their bike this month with a later claim number than someone who is still waiting with an earlier claim number.

• Like 1

I was wondering if the claim numbers were sequential.  If they really are sequential and they increment by one, Yamaha issued claim numbers for well over 1000 bikes.

IMO Yamaha has to stick with the T&D stamp of the claim number.  That was the entire purpose of having the customer registration #/dealer claim # process in the first place.  Yamaha had more deposits than bikes and didn't have a fair way to allocate the bikes they had.

The sales bulletin Yamaha put out clearly states the claim #s are time stamped and the bikes on hand will be allocated by the T&D stamp of the claim number.

4 minutes ago, Idarex said:

I was wondering if the claim numbers were sequential.  If they really are sequential and they increment by one, Yamaha issued claim numbers for well over 1000 bikes.

IMO Yamaha has to stick with the T&D stamp of the claim number.  That was the entire purpose of having the customer registration #/dealer claim # process in the first place.  Yamaha had more deposits than bikes and didn't have a fair way to allocate the bikes they had.

The sales bulletin Yamaha put out clearly states the claim #s are time stamped and the bikes on hand will be allocated by the T&D stamp of the claim number.

I agree, just something to ponder.  But if Yamaha did issue 1000 claim numbers, than I'd say there will be 1000 T7's running around the US by Sep 1st 🙂 

• Like 2

As mentioned earlier . . . If Yamaha follows what Honda did with the Africa Twin 2016 release . . . They will try to get at least 1 T7 to smaller Adventure bike demand dealers . . . several to the bigger dealers  out west.

Yamaha has a list of early deposit bikes . . . they should take that list into consideration when allocating the first round bikes.  Some of us were out of town May 22 and did not get a claim order until late Friday afternoon.

My down payment/deposit was  on November 22 when we were notified pricing, colors, and June ETA.

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

My speculation is they allotted a certain number for the pre-order, but not necessarily what was ready made to deliver. Meaning, they are still building (well, once factory resumes next week) the remaining pre-order bikes with communicated delivery by August. On floor stock will be after.

Could be why my dealer's status is "second half of July"

Edited by slakdawg
  • Like 1