Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

EDITED Update on preorder deliveries , and it's good.

Cruizin

Just thought of something else while were on the subject...

Sequential yes, but if there are so many in country of one color, and the person's color choice has already been exhausted, it's definitely possible someone with a later claim number will get a bike than someone with an earlier claim number.

So when you see people getting their bike with later claim numbers just know there may be more to it.

Just a hypothesis... 

The customer registration page had us list a 2nd preferred color choice.

Just now, Idarex said:

The customer registration page had us list a 2nd preferred color choice.

Which I didn't do.  Matte Black or nothing for me.  I won't settle.

Either way, it's still possible someones two choices were all allocated, so someone who got the other color may get their color even though they had a later claim number.

It's all speculation, but it IS possible 🙂

• Like 2

Dang it!  I shouldn't have done listed a 2nd choice.  Doh!

• Haha 1

First post and anxiously awaiting my bike! Just confirmed that mine will ship second half of June. I’m in Virginia. I chose white and did something similar to @pgeldz and just put white as my first and second choice. 

4 minutes ago, Vtamb81 said:

First post and anxiously awaiting my bike! Just confirmed that mine will ship second half of June. I’m in Virginia. I chose white and did something similar to @pgeldz and just put white as my first and second choice. 

I didn't list a second choice at all 🙂

• Like 1

Just got off the phone with my Yamaha salesmen-- He confirmed from YDS that my Intensity White bike was shipped out yesterday ( June 3rd, 2020) from Mobile, AL.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sbeck09 said:

Too funny, yours is 1 digit different than mine and we are both in AZ with black bikes.

Just FYI Sbeck09 tracking of the trucking company (Accurate Trucking) showed it showed up in Phoenix this morning. Bikes are probably loaded in a particular order and hoping that truck heads back our way yet today after dropping off at the Phoenix dealerships this morning. 

• Like 1

Called my salesman because I was getting impatient and he said my Ceramic Ice T7 is due "second half June". So sometime between June 15-30. 

FWIW: I'm in Vermont, my claim number is 736481, I am getting my first choice color of Ceramic Ice, and if I read the slip my salesman gave me from back in February my OTD price is $10,791.94

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baggey22 said:

Called my salesman because I was getting impatient and he said my Ceramic Ice T7 is due "second half June". So sometime between June 15-30. 

FWIW: I'm in Vermont, my claim number is 736481, I am getting my first choice color of Ceramic Ice, and if I read the slip my salesman gave me from back in February my OTD price is $10,791.94

Well there you have it.  My claim number is later, but my bike has already been shipped.  Different color though, so what I said above looks like it's coming to fruition.

It could also be possible that ship times for the same color to different locations could be different, depending on proximity to port of entry location, causing someone to get theirs earlier than someone with a lower claim number.

Edited by pgeldz

48 minutes ago, QUIT_IT_FLETCHE said:

Just FYI Sbeck09 tracking of the trucking company (Accurate Trucking) showed it showed up in Phoenix this morning. Bikes are probably loaded in a particular order and hoping that truck heads back our way yet today after dropping off at the Phoenix dealerships this morning. 

Wait...my dealer is in Anthem just north of Phoenix! Does that really mean my bike might be a mere 20 minutes from me now?!

My bike shipped yesterday.  I'm hoping its on the same truck Cruizen's bike just came off of.  

• Like 2

I hoping mine arrives soon.  My dealer just told me it's been invoiced in their system, and that that was a good sign! (it already shipped)

🙂

Edited by pgeldz

ITS HERE.. or rather, over there..

So Claim number 736471 received within the first 90 minutes of PDP opening, Delaware, deposit made the day after MSRP release, Matte Black, no 2nd choice selected, no accessory packs and paying cash. 

Heard from dealer and I’m 1st half of July with the bike sitting in Breinigsville PA less then 2 hours from me. Poor thing. Sitting there all lonely and scared, stuffed away in a dark box with no fuel or loving owner who she’s waiting on to beat her properly... oh wait.. 🤪😁

A bit disheartened but still keeping with the “it’ll get here when it gets here” saying and staying patient. Deep sigh.

If the Canada / USA border opens I’ll be heading north to see family and friends end of July and all of August so it’ll be just sitting here in the garage. A few rides beforehand but looks like a fall bike for me if so. I’ll have the wife cuddle, stroke and softly caress her while I’m away. 💃😆

Edit.. and look at the size of those Emojis 😆

29D071DF-DE1E-4845-86B2-890BED70B4D5.thumb.jpeg.b1290f78a9f1331697ae1d1d60ab9218.jpeg

Edited by Adrenolin

I'm not getting a lot of work done right now.  I wonder if the dealer has a spare office I can move in to...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, sbeck09 said:

Wait...my dealer is in Anthem just north of Phoenix! Does that really mean my bike might be a mere 20 minutes from me now?!

You have a better shot at getting it today/tomorrow. I called Accurates dispatch and gave her the PRO number and she said it was at a transfer facility and would go out tomorrow so now idk. The truck that it was on was not going straight to dealerships I guess

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, QUIT_IT_FLETCHE said:

You have a better shot at getting it today/tomorrow. I called Accurates dispatch and gave her the PRO number and she said it was at a transfer facility and would go out tomorrow so now idk. The truck that it was on was not going straight to dealerships I guess

I have no idea how you found out about that shipment, but it's very difficult to focus on work and not blow up the dealer right now knowing this. Haha

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sbeck09 said:

I have no idea how you found out about that shipment, but it's very difficult to focus on work and not blow up the dealer right now knowing this. Haha

I bet dealers phones are ringing off the hook right now.  And it's all my fault! lol 

• Haha 2

Waited until 90 minutes ago to call mine. Hasn’t returned my call yet and they’re closed now. 

After work tonight, guess I’ll be taking a ride the 45 miles up there in the morning. 

The not knowing is killing me. 

Go figure. Right after I posted the above...  dealership calls and their very sweet reception lady calls me.  Wants me to know that I’ve not been forgotten, but they’re slammed and there are still customers on the floor. The two people at work today who can access YDS are busy. So now I wait until tomorrow !!!!🙄

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, scridercoach said:

Go figure. Right after I posted the above...  dealership calls and their very sweet reception lady calls me.  Wants me to know that I’ve not been forgotten, but they’re slammed and there are still customers on the floor. The two people at work today who can access YDS are busy. So now I wait until tomorrow !!!!🙄

Are they monitoring you on this forum 😂🤣😂

• Haha 1

My dealer says 2nd half of July. I got my number to him in 4mins last week. I’d say he wasn’t in to big a hurry to turn it in. Can’t wait to see his price. I have delt with him in the past, but there is a reason I have not been back. (Fees and more fees) My most local yami dealer closed up end of May for good. 

This makes me sound like a nut job, but I had a family member call my dealer too ask if they had any Tenere 700s in that she could look at. Go figure my sales guy is the one that answered. He said no. Ugh...it's supposed to have been dropped off. I'm dyin here!

36 minutes ago, sbeck09 said:

This makes me sound like a nut job, but I had a family member call my dealer too ask if they had any Tenere 700s in that she could look at. Go figure my sales guy is the one that answered. He said no. Ugh...it's supposed to have been dropped off. I'm dyin here!

I know that Nash Powersports got a black one around 2pm today, it was still in the box though