Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

EDITED Update on preorder deliveries , and it's good.

Cruizin

Switchback in pocatello has been awesome. Let alone with the best price!  As soon as they call I'm on my way to pick it up.  Going to go for a ride with Karl from Switchback!  

25085.gif

• Like 2

MY BIKE IS HERE!! Picking it up tomorrow!

Montrose CO.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Brent said:

Switchback in pocatello has been awesome. Let alone with the best price!  As soon as they call I'm on my way to pick it up.  Going to go for a ride with Karl from Switchback!  

25085.gif

Lol, we have some good dealers in Idaho

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Lol, we have some good dealers in Idaho

Good to know. I've got three (so far) in California that I can't even get a price quote out of, let alone a delivery date.  Total ambivalence, no concern whatsoever that time was of the essence on that fateful Friday. Subsequent contacts to other dealers haven't gone any better, I STILL don't have enough info to even put down a deposit.   I'm glad for the forum members that are getting their bikes or at least have an idea when they'll get theirs.  I'm drafting a letter to Yamaha, doubting it's going to do any good as my guess dealer profit on this bike must be extremely small to receive this lack of concern from multiple dealers!

• Thanks 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

I'm still sitting with my thumb up my.....   For me it's not my dealer's fault, and I'm truly excited for everyone who has received their Unicorns so far, but dammit.  This process overall really was a Charlie Foxtrot.  I was in my dealers shop by 11:45, money in hand, ready to go.  So was he.  2 odd hours later, finally done, yet I'm still waiting on a bike.  

I know we've all beat the different theories to death on how they decided to disperse  the bikes, but I'm really starting to think the only reasonable theory is it was based on dealer size/dealer Yamaha volume.  My dealer is small and doesn't really move a lot of Yamaha motorcycles, but he does move a ton (for his size) of Yamaha PWC and UTVs.  But, again, based on his size and overall volume, it just doesn't match up to surrounding dealerships.  I have no clue if the bigger guys even recieved any pre-order interest from customers.  What I know is I'm going to patiently (big lie) sit here and be happy for you lucky bastards and hope my bike arrives before July.

Keep posting up your pictures and keep those of us waiting informed on your impressions and thoughts.  At the very least, we can use you as guinea pigs and be a little ahead of the curve when we do receive our magical Unicorns.

Edited by scridercoach

Just got home from piking mine up rode grate  but only put 36 miles on it. all is well, I have a felling its going to be a very popular bike. from Louisville, KY otd  price was 10.699 I think that's a fair price. My dealer was all in helping me with the pre order actually he did every thing for me. Yamaha of Louisville, Ky has been a grate shop for me every one on this site is going to love this bike have fun ride safe.    

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 7:10 PM, ahamay said:

Got home from the dealer. It's real, man. Love at first sit! Frame and engine numbers match. #350 off the line. Manufactured 4/20. 

Brought mine home today.  #420, manufactured on 4/20 also

7D9CEBA2-937C-4760-978F-96517F0357B3.jpeg

• Like 4

I'm so kicking myself for missing the PDP.  I've got two deposits in place now, just in case one dealer gets inventory before the other!

It will be really tough to wait until Sept, which is the time frame I'm hearing.  Then again some people lost their job, or their life, to Covid so I shouldn't complain.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Toei said:

I'm so kicking myself for missing the PDP.  I've got two deposits in place now, just in case one dealer gets inventory before the other!

It will be really tough to wait until Sept, which is the time frame I'm hearing.  Then again some people lost their job, or their life, to Covid so I shouldn't complain.  

There are few complainers here,  we've all been waiting a long time, and I continue.

Get on with your priorities, and or your other bike and it will come.

Edited by ADVUSA

On 6/12/2020 at 8:30 PM, galenparke said:

Devine intervention. Throw on some Peter Tosh and you'll know what to do.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/12/2020 at 9:30 PM, galenparke said:

7D9CEBA2-937C-4760-978F-96517F0357B3.jpeg

10 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

Come On!  why isn't there a picture of the Tetons in the background?

22 hours ago, Brent said:

Come On!  why isn't there a picture of the Tetons in the background?

Poor photo opportunity timing on my part. I was intending to shoot in that direction, but power lines and rolling hills were blocking the good view when I stopped.  Then yesterday I took a ride with excellent photo opportunities, and left the iPhone at home.  I guess I was just too excited to ride.

16 minutes ago, galenparke said:

Poor photo opportunity timing on my part. I was intending to shoot in that direction, but power lines and rolling hills were blocking the good view when I stopped.  Then yesterday I took a ride with excellent photo opportunities, and left the iPhone at home.  I guess I was just too excited to ride.

Man, I miss living in Jackson.  Snow King, The Resort, Grand Targhee.... ah, man.

On 6/14/2020 at 8:46 AM, johnnygolucky said:

If you didn't say it, I would have.

On 6/2/2020 at 4:52 PM, Cruizin said:

UPDATE 6-3-2020 Looks like they have more bikes than I was told, and my dealer just confirmed that my bike is coming this month, maybe even end of this week or early next!!!   Woo hoo! Time to celebrate!! 

Just got credible info. Only a small limited amount of the preordered  T7's are going out to USA dealers in June. The bulk of them going out in July and even into August.

And yes, I'm talking about the bikes that we all preordered and have claim numbers for.

He did not have exact numbers, just an email forwarded from the top. No, I cannot share the email, lawsuits are not fun and my source would probably get in big trouble. 

A very small limited amount of us will be getting T7's this month. Sounds like leaving warehouse this week.

The rest of our preordered bikes aren't even built yet, and factory is closed until June 12th.  

Sorry for the bad news. 

Congratulations, mine is here but I don't get to pick it up tell the 27th. They wanted to keep it on the floor for two weeks but cut that down to ten days, boy time really seem to have slowed down.

My “second half of June” delivery date just got pushed to “first half of July” by Yamaha. If it gets pushed back again I’ll probably pull my deposit.