TAX RATE 7.55%
TAX $ 739.82
Sub Total $ 10,538.82
DOC $ 75.00

Sub Total $ 10,613.82
Deposit $ 500.00
Total $ 10,113.82

Am I reading that right...

They are charging $700 to put on racks and chain guide?

Find a new dealer. 

Edited by mpatch
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, tomas said:

Thanks @mpatch for sharing the information. That looks a lot more reasonable! We are planing to do the TAT starting from the east coast, if not I would consider buying it in Colorado 🙂

My advice would be get on the phone or start emailing every dealer in your area. 
That price I posted is from a dealer 3.5 hours away, all the more local dealers had about $12-1300 in extra fees. 
The closest dealer to me I told him the price I was getting elsewhere and all he said was he could check with his manager and see what they could do, with the demand for these bikes I’m guessing they wouldn’t have budged much. 
No brainer to me, spend a day driving to save over $1000. 

Edited by mpatch
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, tomas said:

@mpatch

The total tax for the bike without accessories is 776.69 USD (6.5%)

d5db7032-4114-4a68-847b-91797503ea55.thumb.jpg.2e157d99ce18a90135c5c1d1ef9bff77.jpg

This is the price breakdown for the bike with accessories.

Ya that looks terrible.  the prep, freight, & "fees" are pure pick-pocketing.

Edited by WRXer

7 minutes ago, WRXer said:

Ya that looks terrible.  the prep, freight, & "fees" are pure pick-pocketing.

This is crazy...
I will NEVER pay that.
I'm very clear when I buy new with the salesman. I'm ready to walk away very quickly

Some people need a negotiation training. I'm sure my Sales director background help me a bit hehe

44 minutes ago, whisperquiet said:

My deal....

2DB6AA5D-9875-4190-9C97-CBBC22DD6CD5.png

dang! great deal!!!

i paid $10,369 for a "used" with 900 miles in LA, CA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ace402 said:

None of those are legit? I think they are jacking the price up on them but especially freight. I thought that was a real cost to the dealer.

In my opinion yes, but if Yamaha really "requires" freight as a line item then same amount should come off the price of the bike--I could care less how they profit center or cost code it.  In any event the freight is *only* $430 per Yamaha so where do they get off with $879?  The other charges are BS.  What are "fees"?  They don't even justify it.  On a bike with low inventory & high demand like the Tenere + going into spring I would say $9,999 + TTL is a decent price.  You could do better, you could do worse.  OTD prices are meaningless for comparison with different states.  The TTL in your state is what it is & nothing you can do about it.  Comparison should be before TTL.  Besides...I didn't pay any TTL at the dealer, I paid at the court house so my OTD could be artificially low vs an OTD with TTL.

2 hours ago, Ace402 said:

What state did you buy in?

I bought it in southern Illinois.

11.3K OTD in TX including 6.25% sales tax, 10,635 before tax, above the 9999 list price. That was in November.

I sent my dealer an email asking about the delivery date of my T7 MC.  You know, a little nudge.  I'll let you all know what the answer is.  

I have had a T7 on order since October from my Yamaha dealer in West Virginia.  Dealer first told me it would arrive in December, then January.  Now the Dealer is telling me they haven't been given any ETA.  I have been planing for the TAT starting in April or May then Part II in August.  At this point I don't know if I should get my deposit back and go with a used F800GS and give up till supplies return to normal.  I could only imagine if I break a part on the trail, I might be SOL to get a replacement part from the dealer.    

What have heard about delivery dates?   

What are your thoughts on parts replacements now on the TAT?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Landshark said:

I sent my dealer an email asking about the delivery date of my T7 MC.  You know, a little nudge.  I'll let you all know what the answer is.  

The reply is as follows:

Hi Al,  No word yet but will keep in touch when I know more.  Thanks. Richard.

So now you know what I know.  Sweet FA.  Insert picture of unhappy future Tenere owner here. 😭 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoninRider said:

I have had a T7 on order since October from my Yamaha dealer in West Virginia.  Dealer first told me it would arrive in December, then January.  Now the Dealer is telling me they haven't been given any ETA.  I have been planing for the TAT starting in April or May then Part II in August.  At this point I don't know if I should get my deposit back and go with a used F800GS and give up till supplies return to normal.  I could only imagine if I break a part on the trail, I might be SOL to get a replacement part from the dealer.    

What have heard about delivery dates?   

What are your thoughts on parts replacements now on the TAT?

I ordered mine in October as well.  Our bikes will be on the same boat. Lol.  I really think that both the factory and the dealers are clueless at this time on arrival dates.  Complacency?  I'll keep you informed right here.  Stay tuned!

Thanks Landshark!   

I just spoke with a Yamaha Dealer along the trail and asked about parts availability now.  He was very calculative in his answers. From the gist, my fear is confirmed that besides leaver and chains, if I break any major component, they probably will not have parts available.  I and thinking I will get my deposit back and wait a couple of years to buy the T7.  I only have 2 months till I start the TAT.  Need time to Farkel up!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RoninRider said:

Thanks Landshark!   

I just spoke with a Yamaha Dealer along the trail and asked about parts availability now.  He was very calculative in his answers. From the gist, my fear is confirmed that besides leaver and chains, if I break any major component, they probably will not have parts available.  I and thinking I will get my deposit back and wait a couple of years to buy the T7.  I only have 2 months till I start the TAT.  Need time to Farkel up!!

You realize everything is hard to get now? Doesn’t matter the product. 
not sure what parts you’re thinking of but any sort of major breakage normally means you get broken too 

starting the TAT in April? Hopefully you’re not planning on heading any further west than i25. 

Edited by mpatch
  • Like 1

Mpatch,

I realize the shortage, but getting a F800GS isn't that hard now.  I will stop in AR for the April Run.  Start again in August for the rest.  Should be fine then.  

• Like 1

Coyote Motorsports in Denver just called me and said my bike finally arrived...but I found one back in October. 

So they have one available for the moment.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hammy said:

Coyote Motorsports in Denver just called me and said my bike finally arrived...but I found one back in October. 

So they have one available for the moment.

A whole batch of them hit/is hitting Colorado this week  based upon the inventory checker 

• Like 1

Ordered mine 2/9, $11,235 OTD. Same price (and dealer I assume) as @Cruizinand others in the area. Sales dude said April... or May....  will be happy when it eventually arrives.

• Like 1

pretty sweet deals in the US in general it seems though, on the bike with the lower taxes...

I paid for the blue one:    9500€ for all in,

including 300€  registration costs for papers and "DMV stuff I think"  

112€ light guard

83€ chain guide 

9000€ for the bike itself 

all of the above is included 21% tax which fortunately I'll be able to deduct,        

which is a tax total of 1995 euro.  

so eventually what everything would be, excluded taxes is a grand total of 7505 euro. 

pardon non US related prices invasion but just wanted to post this as a comparison...

cheers 

T7.jpeg

• Like 1

@HugoB Yep lower than in France. Mine is 9990€ (with the increase for 2021 euro5 model) and 20% off on OEM accessories (crash bar, heated grips, chain guide, side grip stickers, center stand) Total price is about 10770€ all tax included. And when the dealer announced the price increase I managed to negotiate free SRA engraving (75€).

Sorry for non US ... I am out 😄

Edited by didier
  • Like 2