Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Post your USA Tenere 700 ship date and OTD price

Cruizin

On 2/17/2021 at 3:48 PM, Landshark said:

The reply is as follows:

Hi Al,  No word yet but will keep in touch when I know more.  Thanks. Richard.

So now you know what I know.  Sweet FA.  Insert picture of unhappy future Tenere owner here. 😭 

I reached out to Yamaha Canada to see if they had an idea of delivery.  They responded with this which is a heck of a lot better than the dealers response.

Thank you for contacting Yamaha.

Some units have already been shipped out to dealers and some are still coming.

What did your dealer tell you?

When did you order it and at what dealer, and what is the exact model (including color)?
Regards,

They are not late or anything with the delivery but inquiring minds need to know.  I'll let you know what happens.

On 2/17/2021 at 3:48 PM, Landshark said:

The reply is as follows:

Hi Al,  No word yet but will keep in touch when I know more.  Thanks. Richard.

So now you know what I know.  Sweet FA.  Insert picture of unhappy future Tenere owner here. 😭 

Here is the latest answer from YMCA.

We are expecting some units in Vancouver early to mid-April.

We have been experiencing delays in production and deliveries due to the current global situation.

Thank you for your patience.

Dealer just updated me. Bike was delivered today! OTD Price is $11,919 only accessory added is the Rally seat option

16 minutes ago, tydubs@gmail.co said:

Dealer just updated me. Bike was delivered today! OTD Price is $11,919 only accessory added is the Rally seat option

Otd means not much given how some have no sales tax and others pay 10%. 

what’s the base price ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mpatch said:

Otd means not much given how some have no sales tax and others pay 10%. 

what’s the base price ?

Sorry, that's including everything, 6.25% tax, fees etc

7 minutes ago, tydubs@gmail.co said:

Sorry, that's including everything, 6.25% tax, fees etc

About $1100 in “fees”?

Edited by mpatch

16 hours ago, mpatch said:

About $1100 in “fees”?

$9999 msrp

$425 destination charge

$225 for title/documentation fees

$300 or so for assembly fee

$219 for upgraded rally seat

+tax 

That all comes out to about $11,900 or so, I'll get the exact number when I go to the dealer here in a couple hours

Edited by tydubs@gmail.co

21 hours ago, mpatch said:

About $1100 in “fees”?

Final number is $11,632.34 the rally seat is back ordered so I'll have to add that on later.

You say "fees" as if you are surprised by my price I'm paying? Have you never gotten a bike from a dealership before because that's just how it is dude.

2 hours ago, tydubs@gmail.co said:

Final number is $11,632.34 the rally seat is back ordered so I'll have to add that on later.

You say "fees" as if you are surprised by my price I'm paying? Have you never gotten a bike from a dealership before because that's just how it is dude.

I just picked mine up today. $9799 with a $75 doc fee + TTL. 

The last new bike I bought also didn't have a bunch of fees either, going off memory I paid MSRP +$150 doc fee on that one. 

7 minutes ago, mpatch said:

I just picked mine up today. $9799 with a $75 doc fee + TTL. 

The last new bike I bought also didn't have a bunch of fees either, going off memory I paid MSRP +$150 doc fee on that one. 

Damn. I guess we're getting ripped off in Texas

8 hours ago, tydubs@gmail.co said:

I’d be willing to bet if you made a bunch of calls or emailed lots of local dealers you’d have found one that did not have all the bs add ons. I had to drive 3 hours away to get mine as all the closer dealers had similar fees to what you paid. 

Bike was supposed to be in on March 31st. Now being told its pushed back to June!

On 2/26/2021 at 6:23 PM, Landshark said:

Here is the latest answer from YMCA.

We are expecting some units in Vancouver early to mid-April.

We have been experiencing delays in production and deliveries due to the current global situation.

Thank you for your patience.

A bunch of us were told late March/early April in the T7 Québec Facebook group. Here's hoping it doesn't get pushed back.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2021 at 11:32 AM, Angel Roams said:

I put in my name with Marshal at Dreyer late December. Last I spoke with him he told me late February as well. Crossing my fingers that the estimated deliver date holds!

Update: delivery date was pushed to March, and has again been pushed to April...

I should have had one this week but according to the Yamaha gods, that's not to be.  April 21st is what I'm told now.  Waiting, waiting, waiting...

• Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 7:33 PM, tydubs@gmail.co said:

what was your order date? 

43 minutes ago, bwilly said:

what was your order date? 

There is no order date unless you’re talking about some tiny dealer that would never stock one and they ordered one because you want it. From what I’ve seen put a deposit down and it’ll show up..... eventually. All dealerships have them on order. 
Not sure if high volume dealers take precedence when it comes to allotment. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mpatch said:

There is no order date unless you’re talking about some tiny dealer that would never stock one and they ordered one because you want it. From what I’ve seen put a deposit down and it’ll show up..... eventually. All dealerships have them on order. 

This is exactly what I did!  

Local dealer had a wait list of a dozen people.

So I called some rural dealership 3hrs away. They had none on order. So I asked if they would  order one.

Order placed in  June 2020

Received in November 2020

@afhaldeman ordered 2 weeks after me. Still no bike. 

Edited by Drewdbell
  • Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 11:07 PM, mpatch said:

Yeah just got off the phone with Yamaha. This is stupid. I ordered one through a dealer and they said the one I “ordered” won’t be here til August. 

• 2 months later...

I have a dealer trying to charge me $895.00 for freight, through my research actual cost is$420.00.  I've seen a few numbers on here the same or close, your experience.

Romney Cycles WV May 2021 for a 02/2021 built T700 (ordered it in Nov 2020):

Purchase:  9500

Freight:  100

Tax on accessories:  7

9607 Total.

Virginia fees:

Tax: 398.69

Reg:  47.50 (two years)

Tag and Title:  15

Total:  10,068

Romney Cycles are great to deal with.  I purchased a Tracer 900 GT from them two years ago after years on Ducatis.  Dealing with Romney is great.

Then about 3k in other stuff I had to have - it is never ending .......

I am three days into riding the Shenandoah Mountains, finish up 23 Jun- I have had the bike three weeks and only 1500 miles, but having fun on the gravel.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2021 at 1:47 PM, Firebolter said:

My OTD was 11,262.00 in Va.

In VA waiting for one with deposit in Richmond.  Where did you get yours?  

I ordered but cancelled because I lucked out finding one at a dealer relatively close (3.5 hours)  Paid $10545. so $546 freight and doc fee. The price does not include tax or registration since I bought it out of state. Maroney's Motorsports  New Windsor NY.  

On 3/3/2021 at 7:44 PM, tydubs@gmail.co said:

You think you're getting ripped off in Texas? Try Southern California! I've mentioned it already in another thread but don't even want to say it again... and my price was more "decent" than what some of the other douchebag gouging dealers are getting away with. Its either that or don't get the bike. We can't bring one in from outside of Cali, either.   It.  Is.  Forbidden. 

I know, I'm past due to get the frek out of Commiefornia. But on a lighter note... It is going to be 75 and sunny here in San Diego today! My Sister in Phoenix is looking at 118!