Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Ooh, just got a package delivered.

Cruizin

3 hours ago, DWEL700 said:

NO its the same for the R&G guards. With the bike on the side stand it will puke oil out the bottom bolt but if you put it on a centre stand or swing arm stand or hell ask your buddy to hold it upright well you do it . The bottom bolt will not leak oil.

I'm just gonna install while doing the 600 mile svc while the oil is drained. 

9 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

No I paid regular price . 

Thank you

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

I just received my complete set as well. Bolts included but no instructions. I guess with the torque specs from the service manual it’s fairly self explanatory. @Cruizindid you get your covers on yet? 

33 minutes ago, Vtamb81 said:

I just received my complete set as well. Bolts included but no instructions. I guess with the torque specs from the service manual it’s fairly self explanatory. @Cruizindid you get your covers on yet? 

Nah, waiting until I do the 600 mile oil change

I also never got a response to my two emails. Some companies make great parts, but should really just have dealers that sell for them because they don't have time or any idea of what customer service is. 

This appears to be one of those cases. 

• Like 1

Well I finally wrote again after another 5 days of not hearing from Triple Clamp telling them I've never heard of such poor customer service. That their responses even being late didn't correlate to what my inquiries were. I asked them if they even read my emails. That they responded within hours when I had a question about purchasing and what made them better than R&G and as soon as I gave them my money, it's pulling teeth to get answers much less the bolts needed to attach these to my bike. They finally responded, without an apology and instead tried to convince me that they've had hundreds of satisfied customers, and again without an apology for anything and said they send some bolts out today. Based solely on customer service, I would never spend another dime there, when there are so many other companies where the customer is as important as the money that they spend. 

Torque specs should be exactly the same as what’s in the manual. That said, I rarely use a torque wrench. Hand snug and a tiny bit more with a 3.5” short 1/4” ratchet for nearly everything and my bikes aren’t loose rattletraps. Only time I grab a torque wrench is for lower suspension or internal engine specs. 

Might order a set soon myself. 🤦‍♂️ Its not ending! 😆

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So TripleClamp is obviously having issues.. placed an order for the full set (3-pieces) and received only the Clutch/Ignition cover with 6 bolts and the Water Pump cover with 2 different sized bolts.
Missing the Stator cover entirely. 🤦‍♂️

Just emailed them since there is no phone number on their website. See how fast they can get this resolved. 

2A7AB74C-6313-4612-9158-AF04968F539C.jpeg.b8473ae39f159fc2e753e79fac4b8db2.jpeg

• Like 2

I don't know where you buy it, but i've bought the same in Spain and it comes all and it costed with shipping 108 € and fits well, you're in USA, i'm only sharing my experience in Europe

IMG_20200625_015218.jpg

IMG_20200625_015208.jpg

Edited by Lupan

1 hour ago, Adrenolin said:

So TripleClamp is obviously having issues.. placed an order for the full set (3-pieces) and received only the Clutch/Ignition cover with 6 bolts and the Water Pump cover with 2 different sized bolts.
Missing the Stator cover entirely. 🤦‍♂️

Just emailed them since there is no phone number on their website. See how fast they can get this resolved. 

Yep. Absolutely the worst customer service I've ever experienced in a business. Took almost 15 emails just to get all the parts that I purchased, and even then they insinuated I was a lier and they had sent out everything. Took almost 2 months of repeated requests for the bolts missing. 

I ordered just the water pump cover, waiting for the arrival.

• Premium Member

Wow, it seems these guys do not learn from their past mistakes and customer complaints. 
It  may be that they have a bad apple employee in their shipping/communications department, whomever it is, they are ruining their reputation. 

You'd think they would slap together a sentence or two with a few torque specs and a few basic instructions on how to install too.

I've had similar issues with another company that I ordered turn signals through, its been weeks, horrible service, lying in their communications, and terribly slow shipping.  I thought small companies were supposed to be good to deal with.

Tazmool

@Tazmool

It is sad how common the lack of integrity has become, both business and personal integrity has become a thing of the past.  It maybe beneficial to the rest of us if you mentioned the small business you ordered your turn signals through, so those of us that happen to be shopping for turn signals don't suffer the same fate.

Triple Clamp side covers and the full kit do look really nice on the T7 and the price is reasonable.

But from all the issues their customers are having with missing parts, partial orders, multiple attempts to try to get the issues resolved, and their attitude.

I will not be buying from Triple Clamp Moto. I will take my business elsewhere. I would have really liked supporting another North American company.

I hope Triple Clamp sees this thread (Alon Gat, Amir Far and Paul Fenn) and sees how poor customer service will make them lose sales and impacts their companies reputation. Your Customer Service and quality control needs a lot of work/ improvement!

R&G has excellent customer service, was missing some hardware. Answered quickly and sent missing parts with extras promptly. Also great product which covers the water pump. 

15936679559914714297370330885853.jpg

• Like 2

Since Triple Clamp Moto Customer service isn't much of any help. I'll take just a couple minutes to help.

Torque Specs:

• Generator Cover bolts - 12 Nm (1.2 kgfm, 8.9 lbft) + Loctite
  • Clutch Cover bolts - 12 Nm (1.2 kgfm, 8.9 lbft) + Loctite
  • Clutch Pull Lever shaft cover bolts - 12 Nm (1.2 kgfm, 8.9 lbft) + Loctite
  • Water Pump Housing bolts -10 Nm (1.0 kgfm, 7.4 lbft) + Loctite
Edited by REDHORSECA
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tazmool said:

Wow, it seems these guys do not learn from their past mistakes and customer complaints. 
It  may be that they have a bad apple employee in their shipping/communications department, whomever it is, they are ruining their reputation. 

You'd think they would slap together a sentence or two with a few torque specs and a few basic instructions on how to install too.

I've had similar issues with another company that I ordered turn signals through, its been weeks, horrible service, lying in their communications, and terribly slow shipping.  I thought small companies were supposed to be good to deal with.

Tazmool

I literally was emailing and communicating with  1 of the 3 owners. The email response was from one of the owners, name based on their company website "who we are" profile. 

It's not some intern. Some warehouse lacky. This lack of concern and disrespect comes from the owners. I'll never recommend their product to the people on this forum, who in all honesty seem like real good people around the world.

I've installed tripleclamp's complete set. Shipped same day. Bolts included, instructions not.  Learned fast to lean the bike right to avoid oil leakage on the ignition side low bolt. 

Even with hand pressing tight first, the front of the 3 ignition side bushings pulled through the plastic.  Snug fit is an understatement. Careful! 

Took this up with them & received replies within a 2-3days. They're sending me a replacement for the ignition side next week. Fingers crossed it doesn't experience the same fate. (Could have been my installation?)

Not disappointed with their communication, product or willingness to back it up so far. I was tactful in my approach. Ymmv.

Happy to be supporting local (Canuck) & avoiding import/shipping $$ was a big part of my choice. 

Got the R and G. Shipped promptly, easy install, no oil leakage, came with instructions and all necessary bolts. Only complaint is the annoying clutch cable cover is much more annoying. May cut it out.

• Like 1

I fitted the triple clamp covers recently and had no problems. It was very straightforward with only 3 bolts per side to remove (2 on the water pump) There were no instructions, if I can manage something without instructions then it’s a really easy job 🤷‍♂️ 
Also, no oil leaks. The bike was vertical on a paddock stand. 
Good luck to you guys having problems 👍

Well TripleClamp  has shipped out the missing cover which should be here Thursday. I'll do the install on the weekend.

Received the 3rd part from TripleClamp last night via 2-day express mail so they made good.

• 5 months later...

Just installed the tripleclamps on my bike. I’ve stripped engine parts before and its a very unpleasant feeling. I was very cautious doing this today.

Some of the bolts were a lot tighter than others to screw back in. Did anyone else also experience this? It almost felt like there were loads of old loctite on them getting them back in (but wasnt)..

2 hours ago, JayD said:

Just installed the tripleclamps on my bike. I’ve stripped engine parts before and its a very unpleasant feeling. I was very cautious doing this today.

Some of the bolts were a lot tighter than others to screw back in. Did anyone else also experience this? It almost felt like there were loads of old loctite on them getting them back in (but wasnt)..

No mine went in pretty easy.. I did use Blue Loctite.