Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Barkbusters or acerbis ?

SKIPNOMAD

9 hours ago, Mr.motarded said:

Got mine on today after my maiden voyage.  Proper hand gaurds and the bar clamp mounts are super solid.

20200609_194012.jpg

20200609_194019.jpg

I have those mounts on 3 bikes and are much more solid and don`t clutter up the handlebars.. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, qInvention said:

the backbones do look very similar, indeed. I prefer the plastics look of the SW Motech guards over the Bark Buster design.

The SW Motech guards/Kobra ones, are re-branded barkbusters. I had a set for my CB500X, I got them because they were powder coated all black and had a much nicer finish. Even says Made in Australia for them. Just wish barkbuster's would offer finished backbones, or for over $200+ at least the little plastic end caps to cover the bar, for this these reasons, this is the last set of them I get

China "Busters" and inner mount bracket, the shorter bar weight is self-made. Pictures later.

s-l400.jpg

Features: Motorcycle hand guard accessories, hand guard expansion screw+securing clip. Material: Aluminum Alloy. We will reply you within 24- 48 hours.

7 hours ago, qInvention said:

the backbones do look very similar, indeed. I prefer the plastics look of the SW Motech guards over the Bark Buster design.

The plastics are Barkbusters 'Storm' model. I have them on my bike. No difference apart from the text. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Another vote for Cycra, I have been putting them on all my dirtbikes which get dropped a lot. Build tough, great finish, quality hardward and different mount options.

• Like 2

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

Barkbuster VPS.

Barkbusters are the original and the best ( especially as they are Aussie made )

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

I’ve had Zeta, Cycra and BarkBusters. None of them offer the massive hand protection or the solidness of the HDB Ultimate handguards (Highway Dirt Bikes). For $160 you get the teardrop style guards, large plastics, 1-piece top clamp, 5/8-11 tap, Big Bolts and upon request some Delrin washers for use with Flexx bars. Designed for 1-1/8” bars.  

These things are solid since they are fixed at both ends. They get bolted directly into bar ends after you tap them out. In the center they get bolted direct to the 1-piece top clamp. Hit these from any angle and they simply don’t move like all the ones that clamp onto the bars. Don’t interfere with risers like some of the triple mount options like Zeta.

The new style top clamp is now modular meaning that you can order different plates to install switches or even an ignition relocation.

They currently have a new shorter set of handguards that can be bolted directing to the threaded pivot point of the Flexx bars also which should be available soon. I might have a trial set to fit and try shortly after talking to them last week. 

Paul and Chad have been great to chat to on a few occasions now and have always quick to respond to questions. 

Just got two more sets in for the T7 and another WRR with an extra green set of plastics for a different bike. 

0DB2467F-A5DF-4CDC-A82D-3962C855360D.thumb.jpeg.0711c35b0b9c44d975e5c5b8c175f8f5.jpeg

A22E1911-A93B-4CFA-A6B6-237875C0B430.thumb.jpeg.44c8635eed5fc4e79604b70e955d8ac7.jpeg

• Like 5

20 hours ago, qInvention said:

They are one in the same. Bark busters have several models. That one is the Storm. I have them on my old KLR

On 6/10/2020 at 8:29 AM, tenerecanada said:

Another vote for Cycra, I have been putting them on all my dirtbikes which get dropped a lot. Build tough, great finish, quality hardward and different mount options.

I had Cycra Pro Bends, the bars looked like they had been drug down a rocky road.  Couldn't imagine a worse finish.  A couple of the [untapped] holes to mount the plastics didn't line up perfectly either.   In the end they were very solid, but I was not happy with the rough finish for the cost. 

• Like 3

On 6/9/2020 at 11:14 PM, Cruizin said:

Yep, phuck China for anything now days.  Even if their products were good, just for Humanitarian reasons.  Even worse, their products pretty much all suck, cheap copy designs of other peoples good products. 

Fuch China, and Fuch post 1980's business corporate takeovers. It's destroyed progress, and invention.

Because of Chinas virus gift, we should give back. By dissolving big business, and China products here.

• Like 2

On 6/10/2020 at 12:18 AM, Mr.motarded said:

Got mine on today after my maiden voyage.  Proper hand gaurds and the bar clamp mounts are super solid.

20200609_194012.jpg

20200609_194019.jpg

Ordered mine in the black although my T7 is blue, they look better.

Edited by Explorer
  • Like 1

Ok so the Sw Motech ones arrived and you quitenright they are the barkbusters but they have the black ally bar instead of the silver ones and really pleased with them, hopefully the pics help.

45F7B13C-89F0-40DA-A09C-DD63D30E8AE2.jpeg

51506460-AD94-45C8-85E7-732424B8454B.jpeg

260D3679-DFE9-4A2B-BA25-53A73E5AAA37.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matth said:

Ok so the Sw Motech ones arrived and you quitenright they are the barkbusters but they have the black ally bar instead of the silver ones and really pleased with them, hopefully the pics help.

45F7B13C-89F0-40DA-A09C-DD63D30E8AE2.jpeg

51506460-AD94-45C8-85E7-732424B8454B.jpeg

260D3679-DFE9-4A2B-BA25-53A73E5AAA37.jpeg

You have a part# for those yamaha tank grip pads?

Genuine Yamaha Tenere 700 Side Protection Grip Pads

Complete four-piece rubber Side Protection Grip Pad kit for maximum grip and control whilst riding your Tenere 700.

• Extra strong adhesive for arduous conditions
  • Durable frame and side panel protection

Suitable for the Yamaha Tenere 700 all years.

Yamaha part number: BW3FRPRT0000

Installed yesterday and very happy with the looks and how sturdy they feel once fitted.. They are small and fit on the tight side with adjustable levers on but I wanted something less bulky and I think these make the bike look good... Need to get some shorter bolts and re fit as one sits a bit lower than the order and my ocd can't cope 🤣🤣🤣

20200613131244_IMG_0272 (1).jpg

• Like 2

On 6/9/2020 at 4:14 PM, SKIPNOMAD said:

Which ones and why?

For me its the barkbusters, if you watch races to places he hit 140k miles without replacing a part, that included 2 dakar runs. 

The Barkbusters are a nice fit, but the bar clamp interferes with the clutch cable if you like your lever pointed down at all. My cable is sitting on top of the clamp and my clutch isn’t much lower than the factory had it set. 

34 minutes ago, Peelu said:

The Barkbusters are a nice fit, but the bar clamp interferes with the clutch cable if you like your lever pointed down at all. My cable is sitting on top of the clamp and my clutch isn’t much lower than the factory had it set. 

The specific kit to the T7, don't tell me that i've ordered one 3 days ago...

2 minutes ago, Lupan said:

The specific kit to the T7, don't tell me that i've ordered one 3 days ago...

Yeah I got the bike specific kit. Its not super bad, but I prefer a bit of a downward angle for my levers and if I route the cable below its way to angled. The cable also hits quite close to the adjusting nut so it cant really flex around the bar clamps smoothly. I’ll have to mess around with it and see if I can make it work better. 

Do you have pics, it seems all the mates with them don't complain...

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Burner said:

Hey guys, 7/8" or 1-1/8" fit kit for the T700?  

They are tapered bars. For something like the Cycra CRM (Center reach mount) set you will want the 1-1/8" mounts.

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!