Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Barkbusters or acerbis ?

SKIPNOMAD

I do like the Barkbusters, but nobody has any and I hear because of the pandemic there won't be any for sometime.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 4:04 AM, Peelu said:

20200615_192135.jpg

20200615_192129.jpg

This is the storm? What is the problem exacly?

2 minutes ago, Lupan said:

This is the storm? What is the problem exacly?

Just that the bar clamps don't allow for any downward adjustment of the clutch lever. It's really nice to have it a bit lower for riding standing up. An aftermarket lever would probably fix this issue though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peelu said:

Just that the bar clamps don't allow for any downward adjustment of the clutch lever. It's really nice to have it a bit lower for riding standing up. An aftermarket lever would probably fix this issue though.

In this vídeo he haves

• Moderators

Just fitted the Cycra set. Easier to maneuver the brake reservoir than on previous bikes. Quite happy with the fit. 

4E33BA2B-8365-462E-8AAD-3B59EA6CC3D6.jpeg

... still haven’t figured out how to upload a clear image from my iphone photos. 

• Like 6

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

15 hours ago, Peelu said:

Could you not have put the clutch cable routed under the bar clamp rather than over the bar clamp?

On 6/14/2020 at 7:30 AM, Aleksandar13 said:

Installed yesterday and very happy with the looks and how sturdy they feel once fitted.. They are small and fit on the tight side with adjustable levers on but I wanted something less bulky and I think these make the bike look good... Need to get some shorter bolts and re fit as one sits a bit lower than the order and my ocd can't cope 🤣🤣🤣

20200613131244_IMG_0272 (1).jpg

Are they bike specific? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jojitsu56 said:

Are they bike specific? 

Hi, no they are not I think they are universal 👌

1 minute ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Hi, no they are not I think they are universal 👌

Sweet.. Do you have to replace the bar weights, and do you experience and vibration or problems fitting them? 

1 minute ago, jojitsu56 said:

Sweet.. Do you have to replace the bar weights, and do you experience and vibration or problems fitting them? 

I've used the original bolt with bar ends from the bike with one adapter that comes in the kit. 

I'll take a picture if you want to once I get home 🏡

Aleks 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, UtahJack said:

I do like the Barkbusters, but nobody has any and I hear because of the pandemic there won't be any for sometime.

For anyone looking to install Barkbusters... 

Last night I successfully installed the Barkbusters from my Ducati Desert Sled, the only thing I had to do to make this work was remove the stock bar end weights. Just be careful of the final position of the guards so that when the bars are at full lock the lower clamp bolt doesn't hit the tank.  

Personally I went for the white Barkbusters. 

Just like the look of them and feel the white ones give the bike a bit more presence when on the road.

They were easy to fit although I didn't have the 12mm hex key to remove the bar ends. Just put some rubber over the bar ends and removed them carefully with some mole grips, no probs.

I've yet to drop the bike and really test their strength but i'm sure that time will come...

20200602_135835_resized_1.jpg

• Like 3

On 6/17/2020 at 9:15 PM, UtahJack said:

I ordered mine from R&G. Even coming from international the OTD price was the same as Revzilla. Took a couple weeks to arrive. They do indicate they’re also low on stock. 

BarkBusters Handguard Kit for Yamaha Tenere 700 '19-

I second the Highway Dirt Bike handguard recommendation. They are the beefiest, toughest handguards I have ever used. They saved my wr450f when it feel off the trailer and got drug 40ft behind the trailer while we pulled over. Zero damage to the bike. 

20200616_213055.jpg

20200616_175657.jpg

• Like 2

The X-Factor it's the same price... I've bought the barkbusters for 116 € with the skid plate, the ones for the T7, in my case the color high viz Yellow/Neon and the handlebar weights  was the diference... And even the acerbis x-factory and x-factor have a good look but my bike is the matt black and i like the look eehheh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adrian tompson said:

acribis lot cheaper and same strength . put them on mine very strong and look good.

These are on sale and after fitting them they seem very strong... Amazing value for money 🤑👍

On 6/18/2020 at 10:35 AM, DWEL700 said:

Could you not have put the clutch cable routed under the bar clamp rather than over the bar clamp?

If its routed under it's way to angled and the mirror ends up pointing to the sky. I've got a righteous stunt metal clutch lever on order which will allow more room for cable management.

I've got the Bark Busters + VPS on my Versys 650s, and had Acerbis on one of my WR dirtbikes.

With the T7 specific Bark Buster out of stock.

I'll give the Cycra  ProBend CRM a try. I found a Yamaha OEM Cycra that should match the T7 Ceramic Ice pretty well.

Genuine Yamaha By Cycra GYTR Factory ProBend CRM Handguards [DBYACC563470]

71zXZg2+cVL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

• Like 3

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, REDHORSECA said:

I've got the Bark Busters + VPS on my Versys 650s, and had Acerbis on one of my WR dirtbikes.

With the T7 specific Bark Buster out of stock.

I'll give the Cycra  ProBend CRM a try. I found a Yamaha OEM Cycra that should match the T7 Ceramic Ice pretty well.

Genuine Yamaha By Cycra GYTR Factory ProBend CRM Handguards [DBYACC563470]

71zXZg2+cVL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Those look amazing - nice find! The center reach mount is a perfect fit on the bars, leaves plenty of room behind the levers as well.

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

I ordered the KOBRA Handguard Kit for SW- Motech, it is basicly just a rebranded Barkbuster except for the powder coated bar. I mainly went with them because nobody else had any.

Received my order in just a few days, the only problem was the order had the hardware but no shells. I emailed them with my complaint, they responded  within hours, apologized and overnighted the shells.

Way to go SW-Motech great customer service.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2020 at 10:18 PM, Mr.motarded said:

Got mine on today after my maiden voyage.  Proper hand gaurds and the bar clamp mounts are super solid.

20200609_194019.jpg

Is that the Cycra probend ultra with HCM clamps?   Looks nice.   My bike is on the way and it seems the handguard selection is slim.

Edited by papab

1 hour ago, papab said:

Is that the Cycra probend ultra with HCM clamps?   Looks nice.   My bike is on the way and it seems the handguard selection is slim.

Yeah thats what it is, really nice setup.  I like them

I have the Cycra probend on 2 other proper dirtbikes with the BRP mounts..

I already have a set for the T7, now if I just had a bike...

• Like 1

@papab do you have more pics of that setup on your bike? Would like to learn more...