Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Barkbusters or acerbis ?

SKIPNOMAD

Stock

qnhZEyp.jpg

Acherbis X-Factory Hand Guards

Doubletake Adventure Mirrors, with machined LH stud in right side so both sides mount flush

Koso Apollo 130mm Heated Grips

Retain factory bar end weights, using stock hand-guard bar-end screws into the Acherbis X-Factory cross-bar.  Used Acherbis mounts, left normal, right upside-down (to clear front master cylinder).  Was still able to get phone mount and Garmin Zumo XT mount in there.  I don't prefer screens mounted above the gauge display, sometimes I ride with a moto helmet and periodically get behind the windscreen.

HvaApx7.jpg

XCdgCXD.jpg

XJ0snOO.jpg

Zcjd7BV.jpeg

ji25gUn.jpeg

• Like 8

I bought some Enduro Engineering hand guards for my bike. I have them on my dirt bikes. It seems as if the may not work for the T700? On the throttle side with the weight still in, I don’t have the clearance the clamp near the brake canister. May some pictures to show the mounting for your setup? I know Barkbuster makes a specific kit for the T7.. but on back order.

The Barkbusters are back in stock at Revzilla. I ordered a set and will return the set of Enduro Engineering handguards.

I ordered the all black Barkbuster Tenere 700 VPS kit today. Hope the clutch cable clearance is not a issue. I like my levers down a bit more than most do. Seems they'd figure this out on these things eventually. Never had issues on any dirtbike with clearance issues other than the levers were usually to long and we just sawed of the ball on the ends. Not wanting to do that on the T7. I really only bought them because the stock T7 hand guards are rather cheap and flimsy looking and feel weak. 

I also ordered the T7 specific vps barkbuster set last night in white- shipped today. I figured if all the aussies there running them with no complaints should work just great for me as well

Love my acerbis ones... They make the bike look so much better. 

Aleks 

20200719143426_IMG_1080.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/13/2020 at 3:00 PM, Explorer said:

Ordered mine in the black although my T7 is blue, they look better.

What are these clamps on risers? Where to get them? Look cool for on the go height adjustment!

35 minutes ago, AnonymousGeorge said:

What are these clamps on risers? Where to get them? Look cool for on the go height adjustment!

Are you refering to the Cycra Probend handguards?

Ohh.. now I see.. a closer llook was required. Thought this is some quick-release clamps like: 

25870-000_01_web.jpg

An ergonomic star! When you cover long off-road stretches in a standing position you have to cope with the difficulties in reaching the hand levers and handlebar switches (you have to bend your hands sharply upwards to operate them). Since it is difficult to correctly operate the levers in such a...

On 6/9/2020 at 9:18 PM, Mr.motarded said:

Got mine on today after my maiden voyage.  Proper hand gaurds and the bar clamp mounts are super solid.

20200609_194012.jpg

20200609_194019.jpg

These don't interfere with anything on full steering lock? My barkbusters got delayed again and i'm forced to cancel the order. BDR plans in a few weeks. 

On 6/9/2020 at 8:53 PM, Matth said:

Normally I would go for bark busters but this time i went for the SW Motech Storm as look really strong and look great.

D3040712-4779-4844-9DD4-39178782079A.png

These are BarkBuster STORM, as the product name BBSTORM indicates already. See 

to compare 

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up with  Barkbusters.  I was having some install issues with the acerbis and the B.B. were back in stock at the time.  The B.B. install is so smooth and they come with handle bar weights.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 6:40 AM, Aleksandar13 said:

Love my acerbis ones... They make the bike look so much better. 

Aleks 

20200719143426_IMG_1080.jpg

Hi Aleks, would you please post the exact part number(s) for this hand guard setup? Looks awesome!

12 minutes ago, nhs503 said:

Thanks, that's great to know the right plastic! Any chance you recall the bar and mounting kit you used for the T700? I can prob figure it out if not 🙂

I have used the stock washer and the stock bolt and fitted the acerbis just with the plastic bar mounts in the middle of the handlebar. I'll take some pictures if you need to see? 

Aleks 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 10:50 PM, Matth said:

Yeh i know, i wanted the black alloy support rather than the silver :)) 

I went for the SW Motech Kobras to keep the blacked out look on the Rally edition...

https://www.off-the-road.de/en/700-Tenere/Protection/Barkbusters-BHG-078-KOBRA-Handguard-Mounting-Kit-Yamaha-Tenere-700.html

20200913_154414.thumb.jpg.d5907a556500ee6ec908825445667dc5.jpg

20200913_154401.thumb.jpg.1c7a628de3e017e112f12627c5a642c9.jpg

4 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

I have used the stock washer and the stock bolt and fitted the acerbis just with the plastic bar mounts in the middle of the handlebar. I'll take some pictures if you need to see? 

Aleks 

I think I get it. Thanks!

• Like 1

I'm leaning towards the Barkbusters, in the High Visibility flavour! Easy install, parts can be found local, proven protection and they are the easiest to pronounce 🧐

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2020 at 12:18 AM, Mr.motarded said:

Got mine on today after my maiden voyage.  Proper hand gaurds and the bar clamp mounts are super solid.

20200609_194012.jpg

Fitted my Cycra bar clamp mount handguards last week, and they are excellent, but I wasn't happy having to use the standard collet type plug in the end of the stock threaded handlebars - I couldn't get over the thought of them trashing the thread a little bit everytime I went down. Overthinking it no doubt! I tried a pair of barkbusters yamaha B-083 adaptors, and they are a perfect fit other than being a bit too long. I cut a few mm off the end and now have a very solid screwed in mount at both ends of the handguards. 16mm / 8mm thread size. I did need to use slightly shorter end bolts than the ones cycra supplied (they are M8 bolts).

Edited by jonboy99
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 10:26 AM, Mr.motarded said:

I got the cyrca probend hcm or something,  they replace the bar top clamps. 

0635-1534-2.jpg

The nice thing with the Cyrca's too is you can get a triple tree mount. Not sure if they have them for the T7, but the DRZ has them and it's so nice to get them off the bars. They are the ones I'll get for the T7 once I break the stock ones.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2020 at 6:39 AM, mpb1 said:

Stock

qnhZEyp.jpg

Acherbis X-Factory Hand Guards

Doubletake Adventure Mirrors, with machined LH stud in right side so both sides mount flush

Koso Apollo 130mm Heated Grips

Retain factory bar end weights, using stock hand-guard bar-end screws into the Acherbis X-Factory cross-bar.  Used Acherbis mounts, left normal, right upside-down (to clear front master cylinder).  Was still able to get phone mount and Garmin Zumo XT mount in there.  I don't prefer screens mounted above the gauge display, sometimes I ride with a moto helmet and periodically get behind the windscreen.

HvaApx7.jpg

XCdgCXD.jpg

XJ0snOO.jpg

Zcjd7BV.jpeg

ji25gUn.jpeg

Does your levers hit the hanguards?