Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Mosko Moto is now a supporting vendor of the Tenere 700 Forum!

• Supporting Vendor
5 hours ago, SKIPNOMAD said:

group buy?

This isn't something we have ever done in the past, but it could be something we consider in the future.

• Like 1

I just did 1280 miles with the Reckless 80 Revolver.  Fits the T7 flawlessly. Carried my camp (tent, bag, chair, cot, bag liner, air mattress, pillow).

Carried my kitchen (jet boil, food, utensils).

Carried 4 changes of clothes (socks shirts and briefs) and some cold weather gear.

Carried 1L fuel 1L water and an oil filter for my 600 mile change.  No tank bag... hate tank bags

I can’t convey to you how well this gear fit the T7.  Packing up each day was easy.  Torrential rain third day and all my gear was bone dry.  Dry bag system is fantastic.

Today I forgot to latch a strap that goes around the side bag.  I don’t know what this strap is for.  The buckle drug on the road and half ground away.   Didn’t see it till I got home.  😞  <- me

A0B5CDD3-5844-47D3-BFBD-1E378768A9C9.jpeg

7A062A5E-84E0-47E7-B537-F03767185CD0.jpeg

Edited by Idarex
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mosko_Moto said:

Curious to hear what colors the members here would be interested in.

With all that is going on in the world, perhaps colors in a Angry Unicorn motif? Just to balance Shet out. 

• Like 2

Another great thing about how well the Reckless 80 fit the T7...  no rack required.  Not even a rear rack.  Perfect luggage for riders that don’t like bolting racks to their bike.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Idarex said:

I just did 1280 miles with the Reckless 80 Revolver.  Fits the T7 flawlessly. Carried my camp (tent, bag, chair, cot, bag liner, air mattress, pillow).

Carried 4 changes of clothes (socks shirts and briefs) and some cold weather gear.

Carried 1L fuel 1L water and an oil filter for my 600 mile change.  No tank bag... hate tank bags

I can’t convey to you how well this gear fit the T7.  Packing up each day was easy.  Torrential rain third day and all my gear was bone dry.  Dry bag system is fantastic.

Today I forgot to latch a strap that goes around the side bag.  I don’t know what this strap is for.  The buckle drug on the road and half ground away.   Didn’t see it till I got home.  😞  <- me

I'm impressed you got all that stuff into that svelte a package!  A freaking cot and chair even.  I love it.  

• Like 3

• Supporting Vendor
15 hours ago, Idarex said:

Good news, the buckle that you mentioned is replaceable (along with nearly every other part susceptible to breakage). If you shoot a message to our customer service team (moskomoto@moskomoto.com), I am sure they would fix you up with a replacement. The strap that you have wrapped around the leg is actually intended to secure either side of the dry bag in that leg holster, this allows for a more secure fit and easier packing.

Great looking bike, and it sounds like an awesome trip!

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
15 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

With all that is going on in the world, perhaps colors in a Angry Unicorn motif? Just to balance Shet out. 

HAHA, not a bad idea! 😆

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mosko_Moto said:

This is something that we are actively working on and should be coming down the pipeline soon! Curious to hear what colors the members here would be interested in.

Great news about the colours...too much grey and black in the motorcycle world!  We need some blue please...look at the great colours of the Dakar bikes and gear. Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
On 6/16/2020 at 11:19 AM, Great Escape said:

Great news about the colours...too much grey and black in the motorcycle world!  We need some blue please...look at the great colours of the Dakar bikes and gear. Cheers,  Steve 

Noted, and totally agree about the brighter colors! Starting out as a small company we stuck with monochrome colors to blend with any bike by any manufacturer, but now that we have grown new color ways are certainly on the table.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2020 at 5:47 PM, Idarex said:

Where did you get the wrap? It looks SICK!! Well done, sir. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 12:02 AM, jwirkk said:

Where did you get the wrap? It looks SICK!! Well done, sir. 

Sorry man just saw this.  Thx, I had a local kid that did the stripes for my truck make it for me.  It's Marpat urban camo with the unit emblems from my dad, my sons, and myself.

IMG_3694.jpg

• Like 1

In other news.  Just completed a 6 day trip with the Reckless and it performed flawlessly.  Very happy with that purchase.  The dry bag system is a great idea.  All my gear was kept dirt free and dry.  For the longer ride I added the Molle 2L and 4L pouches.  I used the 2L for clif bars, trail mix jerky and warmer gloves for the mornings/evenings.  I carried two large water bottles in the 4L.  I also upped the tools/parts I normally carry with the fatty tool roll.  The tool roll is first class.

Edited by Idarex
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jwirkk said:

What did you do to the rear fender to clean it up like that? I'm looking for a cheap fender eliminator DIY idea. 

Chop the stock fender. It’s free. Check my post history. 

• Like 1

Being in Canada when I got the Reckless 80 two years ago, I had it shipped to a PO box on the other side of the border. Grabbed it in the car and saved myself close to fifty bucks in shipping and duties. 

Bags work great, done 20k on them over the past couple years, take a hit real well.

The storage configurations are suited to many different styles of camping. 

They fit very well, not perfectly but pretty close to, on the T7. I like to have it right on my pillion seat to keep weight forward and the legs strap to the back pegs. 

Cheers guys!

IMG_20200811_120411.jpg

IMG_20190807_130251.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jwirkk said:

What did you do to the rear fender to clean it up like that? I'm looking for a cheap fender eliminator DIY idea. 

It's the tail tidy from T7 Rally

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 16. 06. 2020. at 2:47, Idarex said:

Upravo sam prevalio 1280 kilometara Revolverskim revolverom 80. Besprijekorno odgovara T7. Nosio sam svoj kamp (šator, torba, stolica, dječji krevet, podstava za vreće, zračni madrac, jastuk).

Nosio sam moju kuhinju (jet čir, hrana, posuđe).

Nosio 4 presvlake (košulje i kratke gaće) i nešto opreme za hladno vrijeme.

Nosio sam 1L goriva 1L vode i uljni filtar za moju promjenu od 600 milja. Nema cisterne ... mrzim cisterne

Ne mogu vam prenijeti koliko je dobro ova oprema odgovarala T7. Spakirati svaki dan bilo je lako. Treći dan jaka kiša i sva mi je oprema bila suha u kostima. Sustav suhe vreće je fantastičan.

Danas sam zaboravio zakvačiti remen koji ide oko bočne torbe. Ne znam čemu služi ovaj remen. Droga na kopči na putu i napola prizemljena. Nisam to vidio dok nisam stigao kući.  😞  <- ja

Gdje se mogu naručiti torbe za yamahu

I got the Reckless R80 for Christmas. Fits the T7 like a glove but I will need to get a small rear rack to secure it to.  Here are some pics of partially loaded while test fitting on the bike. Really like the bags so far but still need to take their maiden voyage when the weather gets warmer

@Mosko_Moto One thing that would be really helpful to include with the bags or have on your web site would be clear instructions on where and how all the various straps are meant to be used and connected. Some are intuitive, but not all.

And I’m sure that there are some very smart reasons for most of the features but they are not all clear to someone who just bought the bag vs someone who designed it.   Some of this info is in your videos but not all and it’s sort of spread across several videos. 
BC59DDFC-3100-4BF8-95D3-263891F940AA.thumb.jpeg.938cea01b2546509c89eb8004258099f.jpeg077228B2-98C7-4A73-823E-D98429353B9E.thumb.jpeg.79a1e853157957960d4c817394419a2a.jpeg8315B801-0488-4584-8918-F12FE6BA5EBE.thumb.jpeg.3b073ddc3c46cfbf5d180f1a0f4a4296.jpegF4F0FA59-4A83-47F7-9E5A-FA1F2ECCE1CC.thumb.jpeg.589c1a7890f4779420e499ce22a76e69.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liquidape said:

I got the Reckless R80 for Christmas. Fits the T7 like a glove but I will need to get a small rear rack to secure it to.  Here are some pics of partially loaded while test fitting on the bike. Really like the bags so far but still need to take their maiden voyage when the weather gets warmer

@Mosko_Moto One thing that would be really helpful to include with the bags or have on your web site would be clear instructions on where and how all the various straps are meant to be used and connected. Some are intuitive, but not all.

And I’m sure that there are some very smart reasons for most of the features but they are not all clear to someone who just bought the bag vs someone who designed it.   Some of this info is in your videos but not all and it’s sort of spread across several videos. 

I recently asked the same thing in the active thread on AdV rider. I had no idea how the cables got routed on my hood bag, someone there helped me.  

I need to ask about the straps by the aux pouches, some folks say those go inside the pouches some folks wrap them around. Want to do it the way that leave me having to adjust things less 😀

for the holster dry bags, when you put them in the holster the two dry bag straps clip into the two swivel straps on the holsters at the front and back. Then the big wide strap goes over the top of the dry bags.   When you take the dry bags off, in lip this straps, then clips the to side of the dry bag to give you a nice handle and remove the bags. 

for the tail bag the one center strap of the beaver tail goes through one of the daisy chains on the scout duffle. It’s the beaver tai, flap to the front of the bike. There is Velcro too to keep the bag from sliding out in case you forgot. 

hope that helps a little I can post some pictures if it would help to know what I am talking about. 

Mike

• Like 1

Love your Nomad tank bag. I really like the thought that was put into the water system but clever overall. Its a perfect fit for the T7. 

• Supporting Vendor
On 1/2/2021 at 7:19 AM, Liquidape said:

BC59DDFC-3100-4BF8-95D3-263891F940AA.thumb.jpeg.938cea01b2546509c89eb8004258099f.jpeg077228B2-98C7-4A73-823E-D98429353B9E.thumb.jpeg.79a1e853157957960d4c817394419a2a.jpeg8315B801-0488-4584-8918-F12FE6BA5EBE.thumb.jpeg.3b073ddc3c46cfbf5d180f1a0f4a4296.jpegF4F0FA59-4A83-47F7-9E5A-FA1F2ECCE1CC.thumb.jpeg.589c1a7890f4779420e499ce22a76e69.jpeg

First off, looks great!

We were just having this printed instruction conversation over on the advrider thread, I think it is something we will definitely be revisiting shortly. 

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
On 9/1/2020 at 12:20 AM, FredBasset said:

Reckless 80L V3.0 Revolver is sold out, when will they be available in UK please?

Mid-February 🤞