Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Disapointed at the Aus Moto Expo

T700

I attended the Australian moto expo today with the hope to see the future purchase only to see the crate similar to that of the raid videos , I asked the rep what time the crate would be opened to reveal the bike thinking it was inside only to be told the crate was empty.

All the rep could say was how dissappinted they were with Yamaha with this drawn out promotion and that Australia was to be one of the first countries to receive the first batch but not till late next year.

A sad day , I didn’t mind waiting this long but a possible further 12 months wait is testing my patience.

On 11/24/2018 at 3:48 AM, T700 said:

I attended the Australian moto expo today with the hope to see the future purchase only to see the crate similar to that of the raid videos , I asked the rep what time the crate would be opened to reveal the bike thinking it was inside only to be told the crate was empty.

All the rep could say was how dissappinted they were with Yamaha with this drawn out promotion and that Australia was to be one of the first countries to receive the first batch but not till late next year.

A sad day , I didn’t mind waiting this long but a possible further 12 months wait is testing my patience.

Yamaha really screwed up by marketing the hell out of this bike like they did with all that "World Raid" bullshet, knowing all along that it would be at least a year, and for the USA two years before anyone could buy one. 

4 hours ago, Cruizin said:

But, in the meantime we can go buy one of those $17,000 USD three wheeled bikes.  lol.  MAybe that is why they are waiting, hoping that we will all go buy some Nikens.   They may not be far off from the truth. 

I saw one of them Niken things today for the first time at a dealers in a scooter version, what a waste of resource Yamaha have done

I travelled a few hours to the city dealer to have a look at options instead of the T7 due to its late release date but honestly nothing else has really appealed to me, the Africa twin did look good being its closest rival I believe but I think I’ll just hold on and keep plugging away in the DRZ, theirs nothing that bike can’t do except go into 6th gear that i can’t find 

So my trip yesterday was through the Otway national park rain forrest where I often ride, I stayed down their  last night and rode home back through their today on these roads that go on for hours.

the T7 would love these  well maintained twisty gravel track, nothing technical just free flowing cornerback gravel.

0E515EC2-B822-4191-AD8D-4D49C2CB4032.jpeg

4EF42D4D-71DA-475A-9636-F44566785EC9.jpeg

C9F71831-7C16-4FA5-AD77-067BC4111E9A.jpeg

ED8475FC-FBCB-483B-BDF9-CE088877C17E.jpeg

Archived