Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Navigation Mounts 12mm

Matth

RAM Torque mount, model RAM-B-408-37-62U

Comes with adapter shims, the ones to use are the '47' top and bottom.

$20

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by MeefZah
  • Like 1

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt."   -   Zach Bowman

41 minutes ago, MeefZah said:

RAM Torque mount, model RAM-B-408-37-62U

Comes with adapter shims, the ones to use are the '47' top and bottom.

$20

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Have you tried this mount off road yet? I had something similar and it was terrible off road, bouncing all over the place.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Limey said:

Have you tried this mount off road yet? I had something similar and it was terrible off road, bouncing all over the place.

I have not, though as long as it retains the GPS I don't really care.  Off road, I only look at the GPS when I'm stopped.

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt."   -   Zach Bowman

3 hours ago, Limey said:

3 hours ago, MeefZah said:

I have not, though as long as it retains the GPS I don't really care.  Off road, I only look at the GPS when I'm stopped.

Well, I tried it out.  If the GPS is in the orientation shown in my pics, kind of protruding towards the rider, there is a lot of bouncing.  If you orient it so the weight of the GPS is above the mount, so basically move it up to the highest point you can before it hits the windscreen, then it's much more stable; though this puts it partially above the windscreen.  

I'm really not super satisfied with either; I ordered a MotoPumps mount just now which should be better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MeefZah said:

Well, I tried it out.  If the GPS is in the orientation shown in my pics, kind of protruding towards the rider, there is a lot of bouncing.  If you orient it so the weight of the GPS is above the mount, so basically move it up to the highest point you can before it hits the windscreen, then it's much more stable; though this puts it partially above the windscreen.  

I'm really not super satisfied with either; I ordered a MotoPumps mount just now which should be better.

I have the MotoPumps mount and like it. ZumoXT on it and no real issues with vibration 

• Like 1

e-shop-logo_2_en.jpg?t=1603545450

Welcome in our e-shop. I am offering very unique product for all smartphones when you ride motorbike  - HOLDER 2.0. Very strong, widely adjustable, made of stainless steel, lockable smartphone holder.You can use your phone as...

Motopumps 12mm bar mount, $49 shipped ($39 shipped with the ADV discount code).  Seems like a really good product.  Significantly more stable that my self-assembled RAM kit shown in an above post, and actually cheaper when all parts were considered.

BMW Navigator V aka Garmin 660:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by MeefZah
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, MeefZah said:

Motopumps 12mm bar mount, $49 shipped ($39 shipped with the ADV discount code).  Seems like a really good product.  Significantly more stable that my self-assembled RAM kit shown in an above post, and actually cheaper when all parts were considered.

BMW Navigator V aka Garmin 660:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Any Idea what the discount code is?  I have a Garmin on the BMW GS.. it be nice to use it on the t700.

1 hour ago, BAM2002 said:

Any Idea what the discount code is?  I have a Garmin on the BMW GS.. it be nice to use it on the t700.

1 hour ago, BAM2002 said:

Looks like the discount is gone, still worth the $50.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/gps-mount-amps-pattern-12mm-1-2-cross-bar-by-motopumps-usa-made.1393787/

Discount code: SAVE$10GPS

As an FYI If you want to use the BMW Navigator 4 or 5 (Garmin Zumo 660 or similar) I would suggest buying a second powered cradle.  The Navigator / Garmin Zumo cradles have been discontinued and NOS or used ones are pretty pricey on Ebay.  However, the Garmin Aera 660 is a pilot's GPS and is the same mount / power as the Navigator / Zumo.  You can still get those Aera 660 mounts for $30-$60 on Ebay; the one I bought was $39.  You have to use a bastard file to rasp off a tab on the bottom clip of the bracket; and it works perfectly fine after that.  Takes about 30 seconds to shave off enough plastic to clip in the GPS.

Edited by MeefZah
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Canomball said:

Hi,

This is my solution

Do you have an STL/STP for the brace part? 😉

I did a quick 3D-print with an AMPS-bolt layout and put a 1" ball socket on there, combined with a Ram x-grip. Will make some pics over the weekend. It works well so far, but combining it with a brace would be a nice upgrade. I've also been thinking about extending my design to the side of the dash and moving some switches (DRL's, usb socket, ...) next to the display.

used this to hold the x-grip:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00ZUYAKFQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

16 hours ago, Canomball said:

Hi,

This is my solution

Soporte_GPS1_opt.jpg

Soporte_GPS2_opt.jpg

Soporte_GPS4_opt.jpg

I wonder if you aren't introducing more vibration to the mount by attaching it to the back of the display?

On 10/28/2020 at 10:41 AM, duibhceK said:

I did a quick 3D-print with an AMPS-bolt layout and put a 1" ball socket on there, combined with a Ram x-grip.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

On 10/24/2020 at 8:28 AM, Matth said:

Ive fitted the touratech lockable GPS mount for the Garmin XT. Very pleased:)))

46A8FE20-6D29-4A6D-B4DE-B5161266F377.jpeg

B4013E20-EAB8-4B5C-B6A4-70C7D9527300.jpeg

8F64B3B5-37F5-4BFC-A3F2-AEC279B212B2.jpeg

Could you take some pics from the side and some from the riders view, and maybe one with the Zumo removed showing the mount inside. Think about the Touratech locking mount just want to see what it looks like..Thanks.

• 3 months later...

I wanted a light durable mount for my phone that would attach to the 12mm nav bar. I was comfortable with it being phone specific. I designed and printed a mount, using nylon, for my Pixel 2 (5 inch phone) then for my Pixel 2 XL (6 inch phone). The prints have proven to be durable while being used on the New Mexico BDR and general on/off road use. The design is easy to customize for other 5 and 6 inch phones. The design is available for free on thingiverse at the following link: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4609611

tenere_phone_front.jpg

tenere_phone_empty.jpg

tenere_phone_back2.jpg

tenere_phone_xl.jpg

Edited by Dandruff
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 10/24/2020 at 5:28 AM, Matth said:

Ive fitted the touratech lockable GPS mount for the Garmin XT. Very pleased:)))

46A8FE20-6D29-4A6D-B4DE-B5161266F377.jpeg

B4013E20-EAB8-4B5C-B6A4-70C7D9527300.jpeg

8F64B3B5-37F5-4BFC-A3F2-AEC279B212B2.jpeg

This is nice. How’s the viewing angle? Thanks for sharing 

My XT mount, untill I make a more permanent solution. 

3D printet mount, so the screens are flush. 

received_498981454502362.jpeg

received_379733943669760.jpeg

received_367191488117908.jpeg

received_140643921539109.jpeg

Edited by Peter M DK
  • Like 1