Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Navigation Mounts 12mm

Matth

On 7/22/2020 at 7:16 AM, Mike S said:

I wanted to avoid blocking the view of the trail ahead so I prefer to mount my Garmin Zumo XT on the handlebar mounts. I have the Garmin Zumo XT and the bar risers and the Touratech XT Mount on order. Now all I need is for my T7 to arrive!!!!!!

Is this the Touratech Handlebar mount you have on order?

This is the Canadian Touratech Distributor Link.

01-632-5411-0_i_01_1200x1200_crop_center

Installation Instructions The bracket adapter is simply fitted to the handlebar mounting clamps on your T7. Our GPS brackets all fit perfectly on its 12-mm brace. For easy, safe attachment of your GPS.With no impairment of the view of the...

I am thinking the same thing of not having the GPS blocking the view of the trail/road ahead.

I have searched and can only find pictures of the bracket installed with out a GPS mounted???

20 minutes ago, Rocky_Mtn_T7 said:

Is this the Touratech Handlebar mount you have on order?

This is the Canadian Touratech Distributor Link.

01-632-5411-0_i_01_1200x1200_crop_center

Installation Instructions The bracket adapter is simply fitted to the handlebar mounting clamps on your T7. Our GPS brackets all fit perfectly on its 12-mm brace. For easy, safe attachment of your GPS.With no impairment of the view of the...

I am thinking the same thing of not having the GPS blocking the view of the trail/road ahead.

I have searched and can only find pictures of the bracket installed with out a GPS mounted???

Rally Raid, UK do the same, but with better adjustability. It is 12mm, as is the crossbar.

Personally, I like a tank bag and therefore can't see nav if mounted there.

The nav located on the crossbar really doesn't affect your view though.

KTM 690 enduro auxillary mount

Edited by Burnsey

On 7/19/2020 at 2:04 PM, beater_bimmer said:

Installed the Quad Lock (I already have the phone case - use it on my car/bicycle too) motorcycle mirror mount ($69.90) that has the appropriate 12mm option + motorcycle wireless charger ($99.95) and wired it to my 12V USB plug in front but it does come with a direct to battery cable I'll install later next time I have the seat off.

It's a bit pricey for what it is but I was already bought into the QL ecosystem and wireless is a big bonus for me on the bike.

Anyway, here are some pics. No pics of phone mounted because I didn't have a 2nd camera handy at the time, haha.

IMG_1614.JPG

IMG_1613.JPG

IMG_1612.JPG

IMG_1611.JPG

I use the same. Additionally, there is a secondary mount on my throttle side. The garage door opener goes there or my second phone, for control of the drone. For sure, if you are using an iPhone, you should use the vibration damper so the phone’s camera doesn’t get ruined by the vibrations.