Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Exhaust systems

T7lee

On 11/4/2020 at 4:59 AM, Xtenerider said:

This one is real nice!

good sound and fine quality

Hp corse Titanum 

From ebay. 600£ 

With so many going for akra no excuse is needed to pull the trigger on a lil spendy end can..

91D3444A-231B-4363-965B-C97B001A97B7.jpeg

Same can but without the carbon end cap. It is a good sounding can for sure.

50583687612_aa379c7e01_k.jpg

50582828388_012cfe0ba0_k.jpg

Edited by Firebolter
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2020 at 1:47 PM, sbeck09 said:

Well I gotta throw in my 2 cents as well. I went for a budget setup knowing it would end up damaged. I like the small GP cans best.

I run their header as well to eliminate the cat, but it is not required and I know illegal in some areas. Overall I'm happy with the results. I wish it was a little closer to the swingarm, but that wouldn't stop it from getting damaged. The sound is excellent. They also provide a DB reduction insert if you want things more calm.

20200611_171639.thumb.jpg.0cfa2434df3dbcbcc71794f33cdbd9b9.jpg

These do look tidy & budget friendly given, as you say, they're bound to take a beating.  Did the db killer come with or sold separately?

Their longer mid pipe looks to get the can far enough back of the swingarm to avoid the known chafing issue if/when bent in.

3 hours ago, Hammerhead said:

These do look tidy & budget friendly given, as you say, they're bound to take a beating.  Did the db killer come with or sold separately?

Their longer mid pipe looks to get the can far enough back of the swingarm to avoid the known chafing issue if/when bent in.

Db killer included in the box. For once it seems to be properly sized too.

Mid pipe has plenty of clearance to everything, but with the right impact any pipe will hit the swing arm.

Ya, the whole low slung welded to the subframe bendy bracket was a questionable choice by yamaha right outa the gate. 

I'm sitting tight to see what Camel ADV turns out with their high mount exhaust mod. One of the better looking solutions to this factory built glitch & likely available soon. 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 7:13 AM, Firebolter said:

Same can but without the carbon end cap. It is a good sounding can for sure.

50583687612_aa379c7e01_k.jpg

50582828388_012cfe0ba0_k.jpg

@Firebolter @Xtenerider just a heads up from my experience. The tab on the HPCorse goes behind the subframe bracket tab.  I made the same mistake until a fellow tenere700 member on here pointed it out to me. Great looking bikes! 

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 7.50.45 PM.png

Edited by SantacruzT100
  • Like 1