Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

ACD racing USA discount group buy offer

ACD Racing USA

2 hours ago, WookinPaNub said:

I've also tried calling the US site multiple times, left VM, sent a message via the site - no response either. I've finally reached out to the main UK site to see if someone there will respond, not overly impressed with the lack of contact thusfar.

Me either.  Seems pretty subpar to me.  

• 3 weeks later...

I finally gave up on @ACD Racing USAand @ACD Racing, neither got back to me either here or on their respective websites / phone numbers. Unfortunate, as I liked their kit on my S10, but that lack of customer responsiveness is inexcusable - provided they haven't gone under which I hope is *not* the case.

However, I did find an excellent replacement: Adventure Spec bash plate (mentioned a few pages back)

For reference, I was looking for a lighter weight skid plate that offered more protection than the standard cowl but didn't carry all the weight of the 'full' plates.

Some key points:

• 1/8" thick aluminum (compared to 1/16" of the OEM)
  • Comes in a number of colors
  • Less than 5 lbs
  • Solid welding, good protection coverage
  • Pairs perfectly with my Givi crash bars
  • Attaches with the 4 standard bolts
  • Has the PEHD skid rails
  • Ships from Colorado
  • Quick ship, timely communications
  • Excellent price point, at just over $200 compared to over $300 for many others

Edited by WookinPaNub
Not sure they are made in the USA, but ship from US source

1 hour ago, WookinPaNub said:

I finally gave up on @ACD Racing USAand @ACD Racing, neither got back to me either here or on their respective websites / phone numbers. Unfortunate, as I liked their kit on my S10, but that lack of customer responsiveness is inexcusable - provided they haven't gone under which I hope is *not* the case.

However, I did find an excellent replacement: Adventure Spec bash plate (mentioned a few pages back)

For reference, I was looking for a lighter weight skid plate that offered more protection than the standard cowl but didn't carry all the weight of the 'full' plates.

Some key points:

• 1/8" thick aluminum (compared to 1/16" of the OEM)
  • Comes in a number of colors
  • Less than 5 lbs
  • Solid welding, good protection coverage
  • Pairs perfectly with my Givi crash bars
  • Attaches with the 4 standard bolts
  • Has the PEHD skid rails
  • Ships from Colorado
  • Quick ship, timely communications
  • Excellent price point, at just over $200 compared to over $300 for many others

I picked up a rear rack from AS - quality is top notch, service and shipping as it should be, 100%. Same great quality and service as @Camel ADV and @Mosko_Moto

• 2 weeks later...

Trip Report with Adventure Spec Skid Plate: Lockhart Basin, Moab Utah (Expert Only Trail)

The plate held up very well, I was quite pleased. Lockhart Basin has a lot of big rocks and steep step drops. I banged that plate hard on a number of occasions, even chipped off a chunk of a PEHD skid rail. In all cases the plate held strong, supported the weight of the bike and without deformation. I also dumped the bike on its side at one point, and that plate in conjunction with the Givi crash bars completely protected the side panel. Overall I'm very pleased with the purchase, quality, and durability and would certainly recommend it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...