Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Adventure Spec crash bars

Mr.motarded

On 7/3/2020 at 12:48 PM, UtahJack said:

Many of the crash bars utilize the front rails for mounting, this bothers me that Yamaha says when referencing their frame design, that the engine is a stress member allowing for lighter non-structural front rails.

Anything that is called non-structural does not seem like the best place to mount your crash bars

I think I will go for Yamaha crash bars for the same reason. I notice in the manual (c6-p35) that it says (and it surpised me to read this) 'do not lift the motorcycle from under the skid plate or by the frame sub-members'.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Medog van Bike said:

I think I will go for Yamaha crash bars for the same reason. I notice in the manual (c6-p35) that it says (and it surpised me to read this) 'do not lift the motorcycle from under the skid plate or by the frame sub-members'.  

I just got mine this morning and I can confirm it does mount in a spot that doesn't seem very safe in the front. Although the frame mounts on this are stout, and the bar that goes across the underneath should support it from moving side to side a significant amount. I'm sure these crash bars will be great for slow drops and terrible for anything above 15 mph, or if you were to run straight into something haha. but damn they look good and they really are super light. that's what I was looking for ❤️

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

• Like 1

I am considering the Touratech high as well in black colour of course.

spacer.png

So is it a bad idea to buy crash bars that mount to front rails?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any ideas when these will be back in stock? From their website it looks like everything is back ordered .

27 minutes ago, Jeepaolic said:

Any ideas when these will be back in stock? From their website it looks like everything is back ordered .

Dude I’ve emailed them twice with no response in 2 weeks :/ pretty shi**y if you ask me :/ 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Flyinbrianbmx said:

Dude I’ve emailed them twice with no response in 2 weeks 😕 pretty shi**y if you ask me 😕

I have parts on order with them. A rep recently reached out and let me know that he is expecting a large shipment of Tenere parts the first week of October, and Barkbusters were to be expected soon. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/7/2020 at 7:03 AM, Flyinbrianbmx said:

I just got mine this morning and I can confirm it does mount in a spot that doesn't seem very safe in the front. Although the frame mounts on this are stout, and the bar that goes across the underneath should support it from moving side to side a significant amount. I'm sure these crash bars will be great for slow drops and terrible for anything above 15 mph, or if you were to run straight into something haha. but damn they look good and they really are super light. that's what I was looking for ❤️

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

I’m curious what indicators you have and what’s the windscreen side covers? Thanks. 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 6:30 AM, Medog van Bike said:

Wow, I was not aware of this either. I have a center stand but have been debating on keeping it or not. I was thinking about just using a standard motorcycle lift Stand instead. Now I think I’ll just keep the center stand on it- thanks. 

4 hours ago, DT675 said:

Wow, I was not aware of this either. I have a center stand but have been debating on keeping it or not. I was thinking about just using a standard motorcycle lift Stand instead. Now I think I’ll just keep the center stand on it- thanks. 

There are track stand bobbins that fit through the hollow rear axle (from R&G in the UK) I still have a centre stand on though because the height and top heavy nature of the bike means you need to take really good care with technique and balance when lifting and releasing from a track stand.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DT675 said:

I’m curious what indicators you have and what’s the windscreen side covers? Thanks. 

I went with the Stealth II indicators from offthwroad.de, very nice. they're actually completely plug and play too if you buy the adapters through off the road also, it literally took me 45 minutes to install it was a breeze. (first indicators I've ever had that came with the butt splices already connected!)

blinker-stealth2-indicator-flasher-indy-

LED indicator Stealth II Yamaha Tenere 700 - The LED indicator Stealth is now avaible in the even smaller Stealth II version! Sharp 'Stealth' look with clear lens design. Cover glass clear, LED glow i

and the side screen covers are from a company called "Wings". They also make the exhaust I have. I got both the covers and the exhaust for a discount when you buy them together. They're just for looks but it's pretty cool they're hand laid real carbon fiber I'm pretty sure! Pretty sure their price has skyrocketed since I bought them though because there is no way I paid 168$ I remember paying around 70$ maybe it was the deal I got when buying both together?

photos.svg

Wings carbon fibre Side Panels for YAMAHA Tenere 700 eliminate the problem of dirt on the inside of original acrylic parts - USA&CAN

Edited by Flyinbrianbmx

• 4 weeks later...

I mounted AS crash bars last week on Day 2 of getting my T7.

You can see those extra Chinese AliExpress crash bar plastic bumpers I added to my AS crash bars. Plastic bumper are linked on page 1 of this thread.

VIkMrac.jpg

• Like 1

Thos plastic bumpers look as if the bars are multi-piece and that those bits are junction points.  Cheapens it, IMO

Given that the lower rails are non-structural, I am surprised that no one has REPLACED the lower rails with lower engine guards, utilising the same location and mounting positions, but with additional tubing that extends outside the line of the engine, and perhaps an additional cross bar between the rails and those front engine lugs. This would provide lower engine protection with little added weight.

I went on a night ride with some dual sport riders in the local mountains in SOCAL.

I was in the dust cloud of the rider in front of me going down a heavily rutted hill with some silty sand.  Bike dropped into the biggest rutt and I went down.

The AS crash bars did their job. No plastic damage. 🙂

Just some beauty marks on the lower part of the crash bars powder coating.

3XfqQLC.jpg

b2xgUQ6.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2020 at 9:20 PM, EODTenere said:

I have parts on order with them. A rep recently reached out and let me know that he is expecting a large shipment of Tenere parts the first week of October, and Barkbusters were to be expected soon. 

Here it is the middle of November and it looks like damn near everything for a Tenere is out of stock on the website. Too bad, 'cause I liked the look of these.

Edited by norton73

On 11/16/2020 at 8:18 PM, norton73 said:

Here it is the middle of November and it looks like damn near everything for a Tenere is out of stock on the website. Too bad, 'cause I liked the look of these.

I imagine they had a ton of backorders to fill. Oddly,  they told me that, but yet my stuff arrived a couple days later. I just ordered the tail tidy (that I'm probably not going to use) and the barkbusters though, not sure how that would have gone if I ordered bars too. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/16/2020 at 8:56 AM, Mr.motarded said:

Anyone trail tested the adventure spec crash bars. I just pulled the trigger and bougt them for my bike. I wasn't going to get any crash bars for my T7 but the adventure spec bars are light weight and not overly bulky.  They look great. 

Anyone else with them that can tell us about the strength.  

I know the adventure spec guy did a big ride with multiple drops and didn't look like any damage to his bike. I also bought the rear rack and skid plate from adventure spec. Hope they gey here soon. 

Screenshot_20200607-081248_Instagram.jpg

There was some sort of Internet outage last night, could that be the cause?  It might be worth trying again today.  Here's hoping it works.  Here is the story:  

08xo-internet-videoSixteenByNineJumbo160

The sites of the British government, The New York Times and Twitter were among those that were briefly inaccessible for some users.

I just ordered a set of crash bars, the website and online store seem to be working fine. Got confirmation/receipt emails back within a couple minutes.

On 9/14/2020 at 5:27 AM, Flyinbrianbmx said:

The side screen covers are from a company called "Wings". They also make the exhaust I have. I got both the covers and the exhaust for a discount when you buy them together. They're just for looks but it's pretty cool they're hand laid real carbon fiber I'm pretty sure! Pretty sure their price has skyrocketed since I bought them though because there is no way I paid 168$ I remember paying around 70$ maybe it was the deal I got when buying both together?

photos.svg

Wings carbon fibre Side Panels for YAMAHA Tenere 700 eliminate the problem of dirt on the inside of original acrylic parts - USA&CAN

Those side panels are pretty slick... But not $200 slick!

On 6/16/2020 at 8:56 AM, Mr.motarded said:

Anyone trail tested the adventure spec crash bars. I just pulled the trigger and bougt them for my bike. I wasn't going to get any crash bars for my T7 but the adventure spec bars are light weight and not overly bulky.  They look great. 

Anyone else with them that can tell us about the strength.  

I know the adventure spec guy did a big ride with multiple drops and didn't look like any damage to his bike. I also bought the rear rack and skid plate from adventure spec. Hope they gey here soon. 

Screenshot_20200607-081248_Instagram.jpg

Does anyone know if the "silver" Adventure Spec Crash Bars are bare aluminum or powder coated? Thanks

30 minutes ago, cyberpvnk said:

Does anyone know if the "silver" Adventure Spec Crash Bars are bare aluminum or powder coated? Thanks

Powder coated

On 6/9/2021 at 9:00 PM, JohnnieBoy said:

Those side panels are pretty slick... But not $200 slick!

yeah I didn't pay that much when I got them. pretty sure I got them for $50 when buying the exhaust also!