Jump to content
Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
sorlok

What are you planning now?

Recommended Posts

sorlok

My original plan before Covid, was to go from Denmark to south eu, moving east over Balkan, Turkey, Iran, India, Asia

Back over Russian and as many stan countries as possible, or how long I could get in a year approx.

But now everything is different, things are opening up, and I think countries with equal infection rates will allow common travel.

But I'm a bit unsure, don't want to get stuck. Is any of you going any were this year ?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Idarex

I've scrapped foreign travel plans for 2020 including Canada.  Fortunately there is plenty of places inside our borders waiting to be explored.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar13

I have postponed my Europe trip with the bike but if you have a year to do it... Delay another 2 3 weeks and get going man... I personally think things are going to fall into its normality soon and as long as you have directives that you are not supposed to quarantine passing through countries you should be good to go.. This might be perfect for an adventure... Less traffic and not a lot of tourists in the alps, there are people going up and down the passes now and it seems very nice. 

Look at this as an opportunity and not an obstacle. 👍🏍️💨⛽🔥🤓

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sorlok
Posted (edited)

@Idarex. Sure you are covered, my country is done in a few days 🙂

 

@Aleksandar13. It's the way to think, you are right. And this trip was not supposed to be about mainstream tourist places.

I hope you are right about things will fall into place. I think as long as I follow the rules and respect others health. I should not stop life completely.  Hope you get to do your trip soon.

Edited by sorlok
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar13
33 minutes ago, sorlok said:

@Idarex. Sure you are covered, my country is done in a few days 🙂

 

@Aleksandar13. It's the way to think, you are right. And this trip was not supposed to be about mainstream tourist places.

I hope you are right about things will fall into place. I think as long as I follow the rules and respect others health. I should not stop life completely.  Hope you get to do your trip soon.

I'll end up having the trip next year and this year exploring England and maybe I'll hit Wales in a weekend... I'll test my ass and the rally seat soon. 

Got some holidays to book after this month. 

Aleks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doogle

We’re still hoping to ride through France to Northern Spain the first week in September to take part in The V.I.N.C.E.

We still need the UK quarantine to be scrapped and borders to open up, but the rate things are going I’m hopeful, and the event is currently still on. Just had a virtual catch up to begin planning the route this evening. 🤞🏻

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sorlok
13 hours ago, Doogle said:

We’re still hoping to ride through France to Northern Spain the first week in September to take part in The V.I.N.C.E.

We still need the UK quarantine to be scrapped and borders to open up, but the rate things are going I’m hopeful, and the event is currently still on. Just had a virtual catch up to begin planning the route this evening. 🤞🏻

It looks like things are opening, we can go to Germany now and they say soon they will inform about travel between countries that are equal, lets hope.  V.I.N.C.E. is that the trail riding ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doogle
17 minutes ago, sorlok said:

It looks like things are opening, we can go to Germany now and they say soon they will inform about travel between countries that are equal, lets hope.  V.I.N.C.E. is that the trail riding ?

Yes, it’s like a trail riding, map reading event in Northern Spain. Never done it before but looks good fun. I have trail ridden in that area and it’s great. We might take a bit of the TET in on the way down if we have time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Our Friends

Tenere across the USA

Tenere 700 Forum. We are just Tenere 700 owners and fans

Tenere700.net is not affiliated with Yamaha Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of ea individual author and do not represent Yamaha Motor Co. or Tenere700.net .

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.