Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Rally Windshield Adjuster

gearhead1000.pr

I also got these screen adjustable brackes from T7rally too with the lower foot pegs.

I noticed when I ride the wind hits me in the face so this was cheap solution. It comes in 2 pieces and hardware. souper easy to install now down for trail up for hyway!

https://t7rally.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Ft7-tenere-700-screen-adjuster-kit

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

Last motocamping trip, I managed to lose one of the knurled plastic nuts that came with the T7rally.com windscreen adjuster kit.  Still waiting on a response from the vendor,  so in searching for a band-aid, I found these.  Not perfect,  but they thread right on and installed with the knurled portion against the rubber washer, they hold just fine. If T7rally.com doesn't come though with a replacement,  I'll probably rattle can them black.  If anyone finds a source for the black plastic ones reasonably priced in the US, please post a link.

M5-0.8 thread.

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Knurled-Collar-Nickel-Plating/dp/B07LFSNGFW/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=uxcell+Knurled+Thumb+Nuts%2C+M5+Round+Knobs+with%2C+Nickel+Plating%2C+Pack+of+10&qid=1631387629&sr=8-3

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• 1 month later...
  • AZJW changed the title to T7 Rally Windshield Adjuster
  • Moderators

My T7 Rally windscreen adjuster gave up on me today while bashing through rocks, something my T7 sees regularly.   Guess I can't complain,  the adjusters lasted a little over 15,000 miles and just shy of 3 years.  Had to get creative to get the windscreen and what was left of my Amazon spoiler home, but at least the extra airflow was appreciated on the warmish ride home. I'm not replacing the adjusters, but will either cut down the oem windscreen or get another spoiler as the adjusters weren't worth the trouble for my application. 

20230811_094029.jpg.6d9d8a242cd8e43362b82a08f34ae919.jpg

20230811_094008.jpg.52fa76313bc0fd952ee647f4ac80d2d5.jpg

IMG_20230811_155523_761.jpg.40f0f30dfa6731f2a316e4849bda11cd.jpg

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

They replaced mine when the same happened to me

The Mk2 version is made from a different composite than your Mk1 versions

No further issues now 

Edited by JB700
  • Like 2