Tenere 700 rear tire 150/70/18 or 140/80/18. Advantages and disadvantages

Cruizin

4 hours ago, Redneckj said:

You ride with earplugs?  They are loud!  

Wich are loud?

But i do ride with earplugs.

49 minutes ago, Redneckj said:

The Wilds👍👍

They're not the most silent but i can't call them loud.

Not the first set but looking for alternatives because of the price.

And if you never try something new you will never find something better.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I just ordered new tires. Motoz Dual Venture for the front, RallyZ for the rear. Should be a killer combo. Ill post pics and review after I spoon em on. 

Did you get a 150 or 140?  The 140 is almost half the price here, it's an insane difference.  Seriously considering grabbing a 140 just because it's so cheap and the RallZ rear is so damn amazing.

Edit:oh.  

The 140 Rallz has a 2.5" recommended rim size.  That's not going to be ideal on the T7's 4.5" rim.

Edited by Wintersdark
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 10:59 PM, Wintersdark said:

Did you get a 150 or 140?  The 140 is almost half the price here, it's an insane difference.  Seriously considering grabbing a 140 just because it's so cheap and the RallZ rear is so damn amazing.

Edit:oh.  

The 140 Rallz has a 2.5" recommended rim size.  That's not going to be ideal on the T7's 4.5" rim.

I ordered 150 to be on the safe side. I also ordered tubeless and will install new tubes in em. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

Nuthin' better than new meats!  Go get'em dirty!

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

What size rear?

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

19 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Motoz RallyZ on back.

Motoz Dual Venture on front

Dualventuretires.jpg

my experiance is that the rear outlasts the front.

i also went for new rubber.  rear the 150 motos rallz   bridstone 41x adventure front.

but i have not tested your front tire. had the rallz front. version 2

Edited by CoreCass

Ok, got out on the road today for real. opened the bike up to 80 mph on freeway and the front started wobbling. Scared the hell out of me and I almost turned around to go home but then remembered that these tires are pretty knobby. Slowed down to 75 mph and it mostly went away. Mostly.  I kept speed at the edge of where it wanted to start wobbling, right under that point. Rode 120 miles on road and highway, and then got off road and did some atv trails and thats when I wished I had brought C02 air cartridges so I could air them down a bit and then back up for the ride home. Good traction, just almost too much traction as with the STR's, I could slide that rear around in the dirt so easily, the Rallyz's sllide for a second in the loose stuff but then catch and wants to toss me. It will take some getting used to. 

I don't like the wobblies in the front. That won't work for me as the freeways out of town here are 80 MPH. I have had knobbies on other bikes before that did not wobble at high speed, Im gonna check my sprockets and everything to make sure nothing is loose. Or, is it just these Motoz Dual Venture tires on the front causing the wobble? Maybe they need to break in more, not sure. 

• Moderators

@Cruizin Dang!  I was hoping the new Dual Venture was the unicorn front tire.  I had tried the RallZ on the front and quickly retired to a Dunlop TrailMax Mission.  I had high hopes for the Dual Venture as I really like the RallZ rear, but the front RallZ just doesn't seem to play well with higher speeds and vehicle turbulence.   Maybe it'll get better with wear? 

I didn't have the intestinal fortitude to find out with the original front RallZ as detailed here.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

I just did a 5-day, 1,100-mile trip last week across the northern part of Pennsylvania, starting from Easton and riding all the way out to Lake Erie and back east again.  We rode about 60% off-road, 40% street.

I was riding with a brand new Dual Venture front and a Motoz Tractionator Adventure rear that had about 1,200 miles on it. 

While I didn't experience a wobble like Cruizin did, the front did feel a bit squirrely at times when pushed hard on the tarmac.  I guess this was to be somewhat expected as it is a knobby tire.  It was by no means bad or scary, but wasn't as confidence inspiring as the Bridgestone Battlax AX-41 it replaced.  Off-road the Dual Venture was fantastic.  If I was going to truly ride more than 50% off-road on my T7 I wouldn't hesitate to put on another DV when this one wears out.  But for the riding that I mostly do - street, BDR type rides, I'll probably throw on another AX-41 for my next front tire.  The AX-41 is every bit as as good off-road (for the riding I do) and much better on the pavement.

Edited by Seventh Son
  • Like 1

I have the Anakee Wilds on the T7.  The front tire does fine at 80 on the highway.  At 85 and up on the highway, the front dances around a little.  NOT horrible but if your not use to it, it will make you wonder if you have a low front tire.   If you add luggage to the back of the bike,  at 80 it dances around a little.  How does the AX41 tire do at high speeds loaded and unloaded?

5 hours ago, Redneckj said:

I have the Anakee Wilds on the T7.  The front tire does fine at 80 on the highway.  At 85 and up on the highway, the front dances around a little.  NOT horrible but if your not use to it, it will make you wonder if you have a low front tire.   If you add luggage to the back of the bike,  at 80 it dances around a little.  How does the AX41 tire do at high speeds loaded and unloaded?

I've done a couple of multi-day rides with my T7 fully loaded with about 50 lbs of gear and all kinds of other riding in between.  The AX-41 feels the same to me in all situations - grip and stability in all conditions.  On the way home from one trip, fully loaded with gear, I was trying to race back home knowing that rain was in the forecast.  Constant steady highway speeds of 70+ mph were no issue.  I eventually did get rained on for nearly two hours, and both AX-41's performed awesome in the rain as well.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I have the 140 rallz on my t7 and experienced a valve stem tear as some mentioned earlier. Couple that with the higher likelihood of the tyre coming off the rim in a flat situation. That has very much made me reconsider the more expensive 150.

loved the tyre off road and not bad on either.

Edited by Jasonb

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2022 at 7:10 AM, Seventh Son said:

I've done a couple of multi-day rides with my T7 fully loaded with about 50 lbs of gear and all kinds of other riding in between.  The AX-41 feels the same to me in all situations - grip and stability in all conditions.  On the way home from one trip, fully loaded with gear, I was trying to race back home knowing that rain was in the forecast.  Constant steady highway speeds of 70+ mph were no issue.  I eventually did get rained on for nearly two hours, and both AX-41's performed awesome in the rain as well.

I have about 1k miles on my second AX41 front with both giving the same experiences as @Seventh Son described. I'd briefly considered trying a MotoZ DV front this time, but then realized there was never a time during 6,500 miles with the first AX41 where it gave a bit of concern or made me say "Hmm" whether riding on or off road, wet or dry, cold or hot. Easy choice for me to stay with this impressive tire again.

• Like 2

I recently bought a dual venture for my spare wheel set after seriously considering the AX41.  What pushed me over the edge was deciding to run a Motoz Rallz on the rear (after I go through the TKC80 that came with the wheels) and wanting to stick with the same brand.

I haven't run either tire before so just going on what I have heard at this point.  These are my off road wheels but I typically have to ride at least an hour to get to even a gravel road, so tire life and road manners remain a factor.  My other wheels are for street riding but I want at least 90/10 tires on them in case I go off road without planning to in advance. 

Edited by Hollybrook
Added info on the TKC-80
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I installed the Motoz Dual Venture (DV) front and Tractionator Adventure (ADV) 140 rear when I wore out the oem tires at 6k+ miles. I've ridden some main asphalt highways and some unmaintained roads since.

I am getting a bit of a wobble at 70+ mph on the asphalt. The wobble is slightly more than the oem tires setup was at the higher speeds. The wobble is disconcerting but I'm somewhat used to it after the oem tires.  

The DV-ADV combo seems to work well on the local unmaintained roads (NH) rocky/ledgy and muddy sections. I was a bit nervous piloting this 450+ lb beast up through the toughest uphill many stepped rocky/ledgy section but it handled it like a bike with 200 less lbs. 

image.jpeg.f166c6fbcac69547cb6e6ec4e9347029.jpeg

Edited by dmottv
  • Like 2