Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New Ténéré 700 Rally Edition

Lupan

Tech specs are the same. Only other grips, black handle bar, special rally seat.

nice promotion vid:

• Like 2

Beautiful colour scheme... now we need an SP version with Ohlins front and back 🙂 ... 

• Like 2

My dealers just got this one the day I picked mine up. I almost changed to this one. 1500€ one off paint job. If you're interested it's at Auvergne moto in Aubiere France.

20200624_161003.jpg

20200624_161358.jpg

Edited by Adventure6965
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Beautiful colour scheme... now we need an SP version with Ohlins front and back 🙂 ... 

You can get an Ohlins rear shock from Yamaha. Very expensive....🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adventure6965 said:

You can get an Ohlins rear shock from Yamaha. Very expensive....🙂

Yes you can but it would be cool to get an SP version and then throw my rims on it 😂😂😎

• Like 1

I just want the gold wheels. Couldn't care less about the graphics.

• Like 2

Really like that with the gold wheels, is it a new model or just tinkered with?

looks like it comes with the rally pack, high seat blue paint and gold rims and LED winkers pack.

im guessing u should be able to order those bits shortly

Edited by Matth

4 minutes ago, sbeck09 said:

I just want the gold wheels. Couldn't care less about the graphics.

@Ktmmitch can help with that 😄 

Rally Raid do an exchange set of gold wheels,  with the bonus of heavy duty stainless spokes.... And they look good too!  Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Great Escape said:

Rally Raid do an exchange set of gold wheels,  with the bonus of heavy duty stainless spokes.... And they look good too!  Cheers,  Steve 

I wish the gold Rally Raid wheels included an Excel 4.25 rear option.  

Malibu Stacey has got a new hat 🙄 ..... get real Yamaha! A "rally edition" with NO suspension upgrade.😣 asleep at the wheel! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

While the rally edition looks cool...it sucks.  It's all available via aftermarket and none of the parts they used are upgrades from the original except the pipe.  I guess the only plus is the graphics are not just a wrap it's plastics and paint.  I've seen a few videos with the MAD guys and the various wraps.  They do look cool but there are seams in places that just don't look right.  

J

1 hour ago, Toei said:

I wish the gold Rally Raid wheels included an Excel 4.25 rear option.  

We only offer EXCEL for the narrower "rally" gold wheels, for race tyres & mousses, otherwise the 18x4,25 rear is SM-Pro, another high-quality rim we have used for several years now with zero problems

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ktmmitch said:

We only offer EXCEL for the narrower "rally" gold wheels, for race tyres & mousses, otherwise the 18x4,25 rear is SM-Pro, another high-quality rim we have used for several years now with zero problems

Got the narrower rear gold and front Excel wheels with Kenda big blocks front and rear being built by you guys right now! Can't wait to get them and I'll put photos up on here.

Then I'm going to get a wider 18 inch black front rim laced to my original hub, so I'll have two sets of wheels. Proper off road dimensions and rubber (21 and narrow 18) and "SM type" 18 front (120 18) and 18 inch rear (standard 150 18) with STRs, which are awesome tyres on the road.

15 mins swap and 2 bikes in one...

Just then need @Aleksandar13 to cut me a new ABS front disc😀 for the new 18 inch front.

Cheers

Rich

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

Got the narrower rear gold and front Excel wheels with Kenda big blocks front and rear being built by you guys right now! Can't wait to get them and I'll put photos up on here.

Then I'm going to get a wider 18 inch black front rim laced to my original hub, so I'll have two sets of wheels. Proper off road dimensions and rubber (21 and narrow 18) and "SM type" 18 front (120 18) and 18 inch rear (standard 150 18) with STRs, which are awesome tyres on the road.

15 mins swap and 2 bikes in one...

Just then need @Aleksandar13 to cut me a new ABS front disc😀 for the new 18 inch front.

Cheers

Rich

No problem, we can cut 2 options to make sure the speedo and Abs are working properly.. 👍 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

No problem, we can cut 2 options to make sure the speedo and Abs are working properly.. 👍 

Top man 😀😀

• Thanks 1

I've been told by a senior Yamaha rep in Europe that the Rally edition plastics will fit the standard T700 versions. I was worried about the tank area plastic beneath the fuel cap but that plastic is interchangeable according to him.

• Premium Member

It (the Rally edition) looks really well. The Paint Scheme aside it is a fitment on of many of the accessory options like: thicker bash-plate,LED indiators and a new logo-ed rally seat. The suspension, footpegs, motor and mapping etc and everything remains as stock. It other words you can mod a stock bike easy too similar. Nice niche though for those who like. Any Price for it yet?

• Like 1

I do want some gold wheels, is it possible to lace some excel rims on standard hubs?

2 minutes ago, Matth said:

I do want some gold wheels, is it possible to lace some excel rims on standard hubs?

Yes it is. I'm doing exactly that via Rally Raid. Check out their website.

Cheers

Rich

• Like 1

Gold wheels available and in Rallyraid you have the option to turn them tubeless as well...