Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Footpeg alternatives

Magz

I have been using these for years on bikes ranging from WR450, WRR250, XT600 and F800GS without any issues. I wonder if there was a bad batch of springs.

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

On 7/2/2020 at 1:25 AM, Mr.motarded said:

Just got my fastways adventure pegs in the mail today,  these are going to be fantastic unfortunately im still waiting on the install kit to arrive in the mail. 

The difference in size makes it look like im holding the new peg closer to the camera but they are right next to each other.  

20200701_172437.jpg

Those are so nice! I have a couple sets of their stainless Evo pegs and really like them. These are the same size but a full inch longer. The Evos only have 4x3 rows where as these have 6x3 rows. My only issue with these is that I'm short (5'8" & 28" inseam). Concerned they will get in the way when off-road and paddling, etc. Considering ordering a set to try though.

Ordered the touratech works pegs and really pleased. Larger than standard yam pegs and look great 

82A5E169-E70E-4E7C-9395-3AE77370294F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ma le pedane del wr450 vanno bene sulla t7 se si di che anno grazie

8 hours ago, Matth said:

Ordered the touratech works pegs and really pleased. Larger than standard yam pegs and look great 

82A5E169-E70E-4E7C-9395-3AE77370294F.jpeg

I do like them ... but .... No matter how you look at them there is no reason for 247.95$ CAD 

Yes, I understand that they're solid, but this is the same price as some panier racks, crashbars and skidplates... I may be out on left field but I would expect to pay something in the 80-120$ max since these are not even adjustable in their position, they do not rotate, and only real advantage is large mud holes with a slight width increase. 

PivotPegz are rotating .... 232$+20$shipping ... https://pivotpegz.com/products/yamaha-2020-tenere-700

The SWmotech EVOs are adjustable  ...126,72 € = 195$CAD direct ...  

... or 214.95$CAD https://fortnine.ca/en/sw-motech-evo-footrest-kit-frs-01-112-10201

image.png.e242b08244a32c21ebc92ec91a030c4d.png

They are a little bit more expensive but got a deal at £85 , ive tried pivot pegs and didnt have much joy as both springs broke ( 2 different bikes) almost immediately so gave up on them

• Confused 1

Where did you get the pivot pegz? There were some listed on ebay a short while ago for half price. The packaging looked genuine but I suspect they were chinese copies ( read knock offs ). I don't know of anyone in Oz that has had broken springs.

s-l400.jpg

For BMW R1250GS / GSA 2019-2020. For BMW R1200GS / GSA / ADV 2013-2018. 1 pair Arashi Foot Pegs. For BMW F750GS 2017-2020. For BMW F800GS 2017-2020. Patented spring loaded self-centering pivoting action.

A dead set copy. I am pretty sure they used to be stamped "pivot pegs". The genuine is pivot pegz

social.jpg?format=1500w

Welcome to Pivot Pegz Australia. Pivot Pegz - the world's #1 high performance pivoting motorcycle footpegs

Edited by Rider 101

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

8 hours ago, Matth said:

They are a little bit more expensive but got a deal at £85 , ive tried pivot pegs and didnt have much joy as both springs broke ( 2 different bikes) almost immediately so gave up on them

... you got a deal and did not share with all of us ? ... 🙂

Got my cheap ebay fastways adventure pegs installed and damn they are nice total game changer off road you can stand and weight the bike perfectly and legs aren't running into the motor. Probably the best purchase so far except for my heated grips alwaysa must. They are big but great can actually move feet around and them being wide is much more comfortable than stock. 

20200708_194216.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Just receive camel adv foot peg 

straight forward install

great price

quick delivery

and most important lot of traction

100% happy

• Like 2

Installed the Fastway EVO EXT for now.  I might move the EXT to a Beta and put the ADV Mr motarded is using on the T7.

D72A3548-22E3-4CC0-84B0-63FE4A26B73D.jpeg

D82EF4D4-D57D-4B3E-8E92-087CC1712D67.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 3:56 AM, Idarex said:

Installed the Fastway EVO EXT for now.  I might move the EXT to a Beta and put the ADV Mr motarded is using on the T7.

D72A3548-22E3-4CC0-84B0-63FE4A26B73D.jpeg

D82EF4D4-D57D-4B3E-8E92-087CC1712D67.jpeg

That just looks bad ass👌

Speaking of foot pegs......I am tall with a 35” inseam and the ergos are a little tight......I will be buying a taller seat after 

reviewing the options.   I would also like a lowered foot peg option and it looks like a replacement foot peg bracket could 

be manufactured easily to make this work.   I removed the right peg bracket today and tried to flip it, but the peg would not

fit properly.    A proper welded plate (attached to the OEM mount) would allow adjustment for a lower/back peg location.

Has anyone else taken a look at the peg mount brackets?

Edited by whisperquiet

I installed a set of IMS "Super Stock" pegs today. They are very similar in size to the stock pegs, but i find them more comfortable. And FYI, though I ordered for a T7, they came marked for a WR250R, so a verification those pegs fit this bike. I'll probably end up going with something larger later, but these were a relatively inexpensive upgrade (~$80).

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 6:39 PM, whisperquiet said:

Speaking of foot pegs......I am tall with a 35” inseam and the ergos are a little tight......I will be buying a taller seat after 

reviewing the options.   I would also like a lowered for peg option and it looks like a replacement foot peg bracket could 

be manufactured easily to make this work.   I removed the right peg bracket today and tried to flip it, but the peg would not

fit properly.    A proper welded plate (attached to the OEM mount) would allow adjustment for a lower/back peg location.

There is an outfit out of Germany that is making a bracket that lowers the peg. Donner-Tech I believe. I’m hoping someone will do something like that for the US market. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 4:39 PM, whisperquiet said:

reviewing the options.   I would also like a lowered for peg option and it looks like a replacement foot peg bracket could 

Yeah T7rally makes a set of lower pegs. They will supposedly be here in a week, so I'll post a few pictures when they arrive. 🍻

• Haha 1

On 8/11/2020 at 12:28 PM, wookee said:

Yeah T7rally makes a set of lower pegs. They will supposedly be here in a week, so I'll post a few pictures when they arrive. 🍻

Hope yours stand up better than mine.  1 ride and they're f@cked.  Buy cheap buy twice.

IMG_20200813_140018.jpg

IMG_20200813_140028.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, £10Ray said:

Hope yours stand up better than mine.  1 ride and they're f@cked.  Buy cheap buy twice.

IMG_20200813_140018.jpg

IMG_20200813_140028.jpg

Oh man, seriously.  That's a bummer.  I was concerned more with getting lower pegs.  They should give you your money back.  

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE on T7rally lowered footpegs.

I sent Ben at T7rally an email through their website and received no reply.  As this was the 2nd email I'd sent, I thought it was just poor customer service.  So today, I contacted him through his facebook page and he replied almost immediately.  He explained that they had received some incorrectly labelled steel from the mill and that was the reason for the poor performance.  He has agreed to send me out a new pair after seeing the photos. 

Unfortunately I just spunked a huge amount on some Pivot Pegz (£35 duty from the US on top of the already high price) and fitted them yesterday, so when the replacement T7rally ones arrive, at least I'll have a spare pair!  Maybe they'll fit my mate's 660 Tenere?

So, let us see if they are good as their word and the replacement pegs are strong enough.  I didn't want to bad mouth a small engineering business, particularly in these difficult times, so I am pleased to report the latest outcome.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2020 at 9:57 AM, Makis said:

There is an outfit out of Germany that is making a bracket that lowers the peg. Donner-Tech I believe. I’m hoping someone will do something like that for the US market. 

Gilles makes them.  They are in Luxembourg 🙂 

Edited by pgeldz

1 hour ago, wookee said:

HA-RG-960-KIT-B.jpg

Dieses Adapterplatten-Kit für die Fahrerposition der Yamaha Ténéré 700 (Lieferung paarweise) ist passend für die originalen Aufnahmepunkte des Motorrades, damit lassen sich dann verschiedene GILLES Rasten montieren ODER auch die...

🙂

Looking at my footpegs I am wondering why nobody just build a simple extension insert to push the footpegs outward ... seems way easier to get an extra inch of lateral coverage ... or maybe the whole footpeg holder bracket can be rebuild to provide a bit more room while keeping a low profile... 

... and the original footpegs could still fit ... with the nice rubber insert ... I don't want footpegs that vibrate in my boots or that chew up my soles  ... unless we have a boot manufacturer sponsoring us 😉 

• Like 1