Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Sprocket cover? Anyone interested šŸ¤”

Aleksandar13

I am contemplating with the idea of getting rid of the plastic cover for the sprocket and getting a stainless cover laser cut to mount on the existing bolts? Might need to be bend to clear things but that's not a problem.

Aim to have it done in 2.0mm thick stainless and have maybe a logo laser cut or just open holes. No machining to keep cost down and with PPC finish in black.Ā 

I've attached a photo for reference only.Ā 

Would like to know if this is a good idea and if people find this useful for the t7 especially for the ones that use it off road and would like to clean that part of the engine on the quick.Ā 

Attached is a rough guide of what I intend to do but without fancy radiuses on the edges.Ā 

Look forward to some feedback.Ā 

Thank you,

AleksĀ 

Screenshot_20200701-202145.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ScorpionT16 said:

and what does one do when a shoe lace gets stuck in there?

Thank you for your feedback... the picture would be reference only as a guide and the front can be made differently.. I would have thought that people riding off road and on road don't have shoe laces but then I'm not an expert I wear sidi race goretex boots or adventure boots.Ā 

Most motorcycle riding boots that have laces have a velcro for the laces to be covered with... At least that's what I'm seeing online.

AleksĀ 

I'm in. Great idea and one thing I was looking for to aid cleaning after mud build up.

Ā 

Only for people who off road and don't have shoe laces...

Ā 

Rich

• Haha 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

Go round and round? šŸ˜‰

• Haha 3

Ā 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

5 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

I'm in. Great idea and one thing I was looking for to aid cleaning after mud build up.

Ā 

Only for people who off road and don't have shoe laces...

Ā 

Rich

Thanks for the feedback.. I'll get the cover off next week and start a cad design, see where we end up with the logo side of things and how it will look in cad before cutting.Ā 

AleksĀ 

• Like 2

This looks pretty rad.

Ā 

Side track: personally I would love to see a quick release (turn-click-lock) style for front sprocket cover.

Ā 

I always hate (and lazy) to take so many bolts off to clear/change the chain. Knowing myself, I WILL strip one of those bolts as usually one or two (doze) beers are involved when I do my own maintenance.šŸ¤£

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TimmyTheHog said:

This looks pretty rad.

Ā 

Side track: personally I would love to see a quick release (turn-click-lock) style for front sprocket cover.

Ā 

I always hate (and lazy) to take so many bolts off to clear/change the chain. Knowing myself, I WILL strip one of those bolts as usually one or two (doze) beers are involved when I do my own maintenance.šŸ¤£

There might be some options out there but I haven't seen them yet for a quick release.. If you have anything in mind please share with us... I usually f... ck the bolts up when I work on the bike but then have access to 10k bolts nuts and all sorts at work and replace them on the quick with stainless ones šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

You are not the only one trust me.Ā 

AleksĀ 

Ā 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Idarex said:

ā€¦shoe lace ? Ā Whatā€™s a shoe lace?

That is something that should NOT be part of motorcycle footwear.

• 1 year later...
On 7/1/2020 at 1:41 PM, ScorpionT16 said:

Well you better be more careful than to have your shoe laces dangling that long, geez!

On 12/15/2021 at 6:49 PM, Ray Ride4life said:

That is something that should NOT be part of motorcycle footwear.

Ā 

Definitely. Never mind the sprocket (would likely just rip off barely giving your foot a tug)Ā 

The worst thing with shoe laces is coming to a stop and potentially hooking a loop on your footpeg as you put a foot down leading to the most embarrassing traffic light drop everĀ 

• 2 months later...