Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello from North Germany but currently South Sudan

Mike-HRO

Hello World,

My home base is in North Germany but currently I am working for the UN in South Sudan.

After riding Hondas like MTX80 (when I was 16), XL500R and XL500R Paris-Dakar, XLV750R (fantastic bike at that time but overheating killed the engine), XRV750 Africa Twin (RD07), which I rode from South Africa back home along the African east coast, my last bike was a DR650SE which was stolen in 2012. In between I had some Husqvarnas and Husabergs for some fun.  When the rumors about a new Africa Twin started I got hooked again. To be honest the CRF Africa Twin as nice as the bike is was disappointing -too much electronics. The Tenere 700 seems to be what I really want - a modern bike with no assisting systems. The best Africa Twin, Honda never built.

My tour of duty ends in December so I am quiet sure next spring I'll own a Tenere. Until then I will read in this forum as well as in the German Tenere forum to get as much input as possible.

The first big tour with the T700 is already planned: along the Norwegian west coast to Kirkenes, where I'll meet my wife and do a southbound cruise to Bergen. From there I will ride back home.

Please apologize any typo as English is not my mother tongue.

Best,

Mike

Edited by Mike-HRO

Best regards,

Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Mike

Willkommen an Bord!

I've only done offroad in Norway on my Harley so far 😀