Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

ABS delete

Gary b

Question

Hi.probably been asked before but I can’t find any info.

I want to do a total ABS removal and run direct brake lines but I am struggling to find out how to keep the speedo working.Has anyone found a solution to trick the electrical system?

Edited by Gary b
  • Like 1

4 answers to this question

@tonyubsdell has done this and has pictures on the Adventure forum I think, he might be able to help.. He has done a single disc conversion.

Aleks 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2021 at 4:57 PM, Aleksandar13 said:

@tonyubsdell has done this and has pictures on the Adventure forum I think, he might be able to help.. He has done a single disc conversion.

Aleks 

Been seeing this topic here and there and I'm wondering, whats the benefit in having a single brake disc in front? Except for weight I guess.

• Like 1

It looks more enduro that way. 

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

6 hours ago, Seakan said:

Been seeing this topic here and there and I'm wondering, whats the benefit in having a single brake disc in front? Except for weight I guess.

It’s probably more to do with that’s all a pure dirt bike needs. They’re about half the weight of a mid sized Adv bike and won’t be spending much, if any, time on the tar so ultimate stopping grip is going to be limited. Also, speeds will be way down compared with a road bike.

I think a single disc T7 would boil the brakes with heavy road use and the disc & pads wouldn’t last too long.