Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

1st service

Bratton

So I've had the T700 just over a week now and got its 600 mile service tomorrow, the dealer is giving me the new Triumph 900 Rally Pro for the day as a courtesy bike so will be fun to compare them 😁 I'll see if I want to give it back 👍🏼

• Like 2

damn that is another bike I am eyeing...except the price...omg...

nice of your dealer to let you do that.

@Bratton

What is your dealer charging for the first service?  Just wondered since he is giving you a loaner.

I actually also have an appointment tomorrow for my first service, although it should be a short one since the oil change has already been done.

When I went in to schedule the appointment couldn't get in for a week, since Yamaha only allows 10% over mileage on service mileage oil changes or the warranty is voided I changed the oil myself a week ago at 585mi. I have a little over 800mi. now.  Didn't ride for a few days recuperating from crash, just straightened my twisted forks today so I can ride to appointment.

My service was £199 which I thought was expensive, also had my led plus indicators fitted off my old mt-09 which I pxd. Ended up on 603 miles lol, been using it for my 110 mile commute and a little  bit local but the weather here in the UK is awful at the moment 😩 

Hope your crash wasn't a bad one and you and the bike are all good 👍🏼, I've dropped mine twice off road and am really impressed with how it copes and didn't think she's too bad to pick up either. 

So had the 900 rally Pro all day and honestly I'm glad I got the T700, the heated seat and cruise was nice but it felt noticeably more vibey and was a lot more noisy from the screen. I do have adjustable mounts on mine from T7 which may be the difference. 

Some things I noticed is the front brake feels similar to the T700 not more powerful but with a lot more fork dive and the handguards are plastic not metal spine but you don't read that in many reviews like you do for the Yam 🤣

If you wanted a long distance tourer with the odd bit of offroad then I'd take the 900 but to me it just felt heavier and a bit detached. If anyone can test ride both back to back I'd recommend it but for me it's not £4000 more bike than the T700 👍🏼...... But then I would say that 😁

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bratton said:

So had the 900 rally Pro all day and honestly I'm glad I got the T700, the heated seat and cruise was nice but it felt noticeably more vibey and was a lot more noisy from the screen. I do have adjustable mounts on mine from T7 which may be the difference. 

Some things I noticed is the front brake feels similar to the T700 not more powerful but with a lot more fork dive and the handguards are plastic not metal spine but you don't read that in many reviews like you do for the Yam 🤣

If you wanted a long distance tourer with the odd bit of offroad then I'd take the 900 but to me it just felt heavier and a bit detached. If anyone can test ride both back to back I'd recommend it but for me it's not £4000 more bike than the T700 👍🏼...... But then I would say that 😁

Great to hear.....from a T7 owner. 😃That's exactly my thoughts too. Phenomenal engine and sound from the Triumph, but more road biased than off road.

• Like 1

Yea don't get me wrong it's a really nice bike but for my riding I prefer the T700, but then I also like my Drz400 over my MT-09 🤣

I would still love cruise control tho 😁

• Like 1

Just got back from my first service was $46 mind you I had already done the oil change, they told me if they had done the oil change also bill would have been $85

I've never heard of anyone in Ireland paying for a first service. I thought the dealer had to provide as part of the sale?

@Gk83

If I am not mistaken everybody else on the Planet except North America gets 5yr. standard warranty, in NA it's 1yr. we have to pay for any additional coverage.

We get 2 years in the UK, hopefully that will change in the future with other makes giving longer. 

I got the first service done for the warranty, from now on I'll do the rest, she's a keeper 👍🏼

• Like 1

Also got the first service in 962 km, cost 59 euros. Yamaha Motor Europe warranty 2 years, unlimited mileage.

image.png.249edb8b9471cf36c8aaa9979305f90d.png

image.png.6811f7a699e82b676b076f2198d44a2d.png

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Profimon said:

Also got the first service in 962 km, cost 59 euros. Yamaha Motor Europe warranty 2 years, unlimited mileage.

image.png.249edb8b9471cf36c8aaa9979305f90d.png

image.png.6811f7a699e82b676b076f2198d44a2d.png

59 euros for the first service... Need to move to your country 🤩🤣

That's cheap... 👍 

• Like 2

The Netherlands here, 65 euro's for the first service.They also checked the crash bar torque as a part of the Yamaha recall. I didn't have to pay labor costs, only materials. Surprised me to be honest as most stuff in the Netherlands is way more expensive than anywhere else because of the horrendous tax levels.

Knipsel.JPG

I was surprised that the warranty was 2 years. I would have thought that a new bike would have 5 or 7. 

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, Gk83 said:

I was surprised that the warranty was 2 years. I would have thought that a new bike would have 5 or 7. 

Omg you were Surprised by 2 year warranty, reality. most people check during the purchasing. Here is another shocker people actually really do pay for the 1st service nowadays here lol.

When I read about the prices some of you has paid for the first service I wish to visit your Yamaha service. Here in Poland I've paid 145 Euro for the first service. Fortunately, I know how to maintain the bike on my own.🙂

On 7/12/2020 at 3:12 PM, X Plane said:

Omg you were Surprised by 2 year warranty, reality. most people check during the purchasing. Here is another shocker people actually really do pay for the 1st service nowadays here lol.

Theres something not right when I'm getting more than twice the warranty on a toaster....

It wasn't of much concern to me anyway because I'm never going to let a yamaha dealer touch it again...

• 1 year later...
On 7/12/2020 at 9:12 AM, X Plane said:

I drove 3 states away to purchase my 21' T700 but, had to use the nearest dealer for the 600 mi service. $240.00 at Dillon Bros. Harley Davidson and motorsports in Omaha. No issues found, and drum oil used.

Edited by LovedmyDR
Spelling
  • Like 1

the same issues/differences between Europe and USA exists in the CAR world. more $$ charged, and often waayy shorter service intervals quoted on same model, in the US. it's an entire Bulletin Board discussion as to the reasons why.