Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Charging Dji drone with my T7

Beto

Hi everyone,

I have a Mavic 2 pro and I would like to charge the batteries with my T7 during long trip while I'm far away from any domestic electrical sources.

Does anyone knows a solution for this, knowing that a battery can be charged with 17,6 V ⎓ 3,41 A or 17,0 V ⎓ 3,53 A ?

• Premium Member

I would get the car charger for the batteries (hook it up to a chaging hub or get a multi end charger for multiple batteries) 
Adapt the cigarette lighter plug for something that wires to the battery via a good waterproof 12v connector (say the same plug as you use for a 12v air pump), and set the whole thing up so that when your batteries are in a tail pack the 12v cable goes in there and charges your batteries. 

Something like this maybe:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Charger-For-DJI-Mavic-2-Pro-2-Battery-Fast-Charging-Travel-Transport/362810124841?hash=item54792b2a29:g:vVAAAOSweZFe6XeR

Hope this helps!

Tazmool

OK thks! The specs says it has an input voltage of 12-16V with 10A. 

Would you say the T7 can provide this power ?

2 hours ago, Beto said:

OK thks! The specs says it has an input voltage of 12-16V with 10A. 

Would you say the T7 can provide this power ?

I believe you just need to add another charging port on the right hand side of your instrument panel with a 12v capacity.

EDIT: Something like this perhaps? 

CHGeek Dual USB Socket Charger, Dual 5V/4.2A USB Car Charger IP66 Waterproof Power Outlet for 12V/24V Car, boats and marine...

Edited by Jason

I’ve installed a fuse block and one port is dedicated for changing my battery for my CPAP machine. Port is under the rear seat and with a long cord I can charge the battery inside my pannier.