Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Another other bikes thread.

nihil

Since it looks like it'll be a while before I get my hands on a Tenere700.

One of my favorite bikes of all time.

DSC_6017.JPG

First go at a photogrammetric 3D scan of it:

tw200spin.gif

And the town pump everybody-gets-a-turn loaner:

kaw125.jpg

And some recently acquired Yamaha action. Swapped my 944 for it so I'd have a better trade in for the T7, but the wife likes it so it looks like it will end up as a more permanent than intended resident.

IMG_20200623_205643.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I sold two bikes last month.  One was a KLX140G.  It was a ton of fun.  I regret selling it.

• Like 1

The KX can go and I wont be upset in the least, I think my buddy down the street might take it. The TW is a permanent member of the collection though. After owning a dozen or so bikes over the years, that one stands out. It's not the best at anything, but it's damn good at a lot of things, and it has a definite personality to it. From day one it was like hanging out with an old friend.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice 2013 t-Dub...  👍

Maybe the funnest bike in the squadron... 

...and there's eleven of them.  🙂  

IMGP0001.JPG

• Like 1

"Our lives can be spent carrying out actions that we hope will lead us to  a greater sense of purpose, accomplishment and meaning, but all these  are secondary to the need to feel alive."    - AntiHero ADV Rider

On 7/30/2020 at 7:46 PM, RobRoy said:

Nice 2013 t-Dub...  👍

Maybe the funnest bike in the squadron... 

...and there's eleven of them.  🙂 

2009 here. I think they kept the white with blue/black stripes for a while. Digging the high fender mod, been pondering it for mine too. Have you noticed any additional water/mud making it up your legs since doing it?

5 hours ago, nihil said:

2009 here. I think they kept the white with blue/black stripes for a while. Digging the high fender mod, been pondering it for mine too. Have you noticed any additional water/mud making it up your legs since doing it?

Colors:  What do I know...  ~ shrug ~ 

The high mount was one of the first things I did on it before I ventured off into the N. AZ goo, but the low mount wouldn't have worked for long as the mud would have built up into it and prevented rotation. 

I would normally were OTB pants for the same reason.  I just spray myself off. 

The mud on the WRR pic is light...  Could be 3-4 thick during nominal monsoon rides. 

560524_10200472565845953_509274835_n.jpg

"Our lives can be spent carrying out actions that we hope will lead us to  a greater sense of purpose, accomplishment and meaning, but all these  are secondary to the need to feel alive."    - AntiHero ADV Rider