Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Adventure Spec ?

roy826

Horrible customer service. I never got any reply after the first automated one telling me they'd be contacting me about my purchase, that was weeks ago and still no response. So I have officially given up on them and their product and moved on to shopping elsewhere. I really liked the look of their products and do believe from what I have looked at in pictures on here and around the net their stuff is pretty good quality. Shame they can't run a business worth a flip.

Procycle has the crash bars for the original price still. If anyone's not worried about waiting for them to get their crap together. I wont even have my bike for atleast another month. 

I received a response  today,  rear rack and luggage plates are going to be delivered from the US office, saves a bit of duty I believe.  Not in a panic, glad to get a reply. 

I just received the stuff I had ordered, I never got a  shipping confirmation or anything, apparently they shipped on July 1st, received July 18th at the post office, I didn't know till Canada Post sent me a notice. 

Also for any Canadian ordering, just use the UPS option, its cheaper in the end, was only $30-35 to ship. I used the USPS option, which was almost $100 for shipping, and still paid over $100+ in duties/fees.I will kudos them for sending the stuff asap as I had an ADV Camp  for the 16th, I ended up doing the camp without the goods, that's just slow postage, not AS fault, I do wish i got a shipping confirmation from them though. 

The way the parts were shipped could also be better packed, the side pannier racks came with a pretty big gush on them, black paint all scraped off, the shipping box was falling apart too. Install was straight forward, instructions could be more clear, though fit was spot on. The black powder coat on the parts is pretty fragile, the rack scratches just from using it in a few mins. In hind sight I'd have just got the silver finishes. Also, taking a passenger with the rear rack on isn't really possible, as the bars hit the outer thighs/butt making it uncomfortable, wish these stuck out more like the OEM ones, a little bummed about that, no pun intened

• Like 2

Patrick W. from Adventure Spec USA contact me via email yesterday. To inform me that they've canceled my payment authorization for my original June 21st order on their old site.

Provided me with a new invoice with the same blue engine guard with a nice discount and free shipping, for me to initiate a new payment authorization under their new site. He did apologized for the delay.

ETA for my engine guard is still a few weeks away. No specific date given.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, REDHORSECA said:

Patrick W. from Adventure Spec USA contact me via email yesterday. To inform me that they've canceled my payment authorization for my original June 21st order on their old site.

Provided me with a new invoice with the same blue engine guard with a nice discount and free shipping, for me to initiate a new payment authorization under their new site. He did apologized for the delay.

ETA for my engine guard is still a few weeks away. No specific date given.

Same thing happened with my order. The extra discount and free shipping was nice.

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750