Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Rally Raid 40mm lowering links

Nick

Question

Hi Guys 

got my T7 last week and already knew the bikes were tall myself only being 5”8 ive added the 40mm lowering kit from Rally Raid which are superbly made but now the bike stands too tall on the side stand has anyone done this mod and has a solution my other theory is to put 20mm links on and a lowerd seat but not sure how again this would be on the side stand 

many thanks Nick

8 answers to this question

• Premium Member

From what I understand, when lowering the bike, it will become necessary to either replace the side stand with an adjustable one, or cut the original and lower it (make sure to get a good experienced welder, aluminium is not easy to weld properly) 

Tazmool

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick said:

Hi Guys 

got my T7 last week and already knew the bikes were tall myself only being 5”8 ive added the 40mm lowering kit from Rally Raid which are superbly made but now the bike stands too tall on the side stand has anyone done this mod and has a solution my other theory is to put 20mm links on and a lowerd seat but not sure how again this would be on the side stand 

many thanks Nick

Nick I've got a side stand that is 35 or 40mm lower. 

PM if you are interested in buying. 

Regards Aleks 

Screenshot_20200712-134119.jpg

• Premium Member

Hey Nick,

Yes I've seen plenty of bikes with lowering links and shorter and/or adjustable side stands.

The one Aleksandar13 is offering would be perfect for you, I highly recommend going with a nice shorter one piece stand like he's offering 👍

Tazmool

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Aleksandar13

I plan on using the 20mm lowering link on my wife's bike, I saw on the Ride the Bean youtube channel that the wife had the same problem with the side stand using the 20mm lowering link.

My question is did you have the shorter stand made or did you find a production one available?

If it was a production one, could you provide a link for those that in the future may have a need.

• Like 1

Just now, UtahJack said:

@Aleksandar13

I plan on using the 20mm lowering link on my wife's bike, I saw on the Ride the Bean youtube channel that the wife had the same problem with the side stand using the 20mm lowering link.

My question is did you have the shorter stand made or did you find a production one available?

If it was a production one, could you provide a link for those that in the future may have a need.

This stand was specially made for my bike out of solid aluminium and it cost in labour only would probably be around 4h of machining... A friend has done it for me as a favour... I am not using it but would like to sell it so someone gets to use it. 

Production stand as far as I'm aware are not out there. 

Regards,

Aleks 

Had a welder in Seattle shorten mine. Did a beautiful job though haven't put a lot of weight on it yet.  Charged $40, though said should have charged $60.

This is extremely after the fact, but @Nick I was wondering if you resolved this, also how you found the 40mm links - did it affect the suspension and handling a lot? Also how far did you push the front forks through te clamps for the 40mm links?