Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Stock handlebar measurements?

nihil

Does anyone have some unbent stock bars they can take measurements from? I'd like to import them into my handlebar simulator on the off chance I get my hands on a T7 before the next ice age.

https://tw200.org/barsim/

Just need measurements A, B, C, D, E, and F from the charts at the bottom. Many thanks in advance.

• 5 months later...

Hopefully I did this right.  I used Renthal's example from their website as it was clearer to me what plane to measure from.  Feel free to correct anything that I got wrong if someone else has measurements too.  I was just using a metric tape measure on a flat surface, checking and rechecking.  I'm using the stock bars still and they are going back on the bike in a few minutes so I won't have them off to recheck anything.  I'm getting wrist pain and suspect I need a little more sweep back.  I couldn't find any where else with the stock measurements for comparison and I'm desperate to get this wrist thing worked out.  Now I'm off to shop bars.

Merry Christmas!

A = 780 mm

B = 79 mm

C = 56-58 mm

D = 157 mm

E = 52 mm

F = 226 mm

Renthal's site and example of how I measured.

Edited by SociallyStunted
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well sh$t, Renthal now has the T7's bar dimensions in their comparison tool.  Guess I wasted a few hours disassembling and reassembling everything to get measurements.  Back when I was looking, it wasn't there.  Oh well.

Edited by SociallyStunted

On 12/21/2020 at 5:35 AM, SociallyStunted said:

Well sh$t, Renthal now has the T7's bar dimensions in their comparison tool.  Guess I wasted a few hours disassembling and reassembling everything to get measurements.  Back when I was looking, it wasn't there.  Oh well.

I use the low seat option and since sitting lower, I feel the stock handlebar sits a bit too high and forward. 

I have checked Renthal website and it appears like our T7 has a quite low handlebar and very high risers leaving almost no option to lower it via changing the bars as all of them optional are taller. 

Does anyone know any compatible bar risers that are shorter than stock? 

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I should probably turn on email notifications, figured this thread went nowhere. Very cool that Renthal now has a bar comparison tool, and thank you very much for measuring yours.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello nihil, not sure if you are still on this site.  I checked out your bar comparison tool, very cool.  It seems you can only compare to TW200 bar dimensions.  Any chance you could input the stock T7 dimensions into it so it could be compared to all the aftermarket offerings?

cheers

Still here, intermittently. Finally managed to get a deposit down and my T7 should be here in August. I'm working on getting a bar simulator set up for the T7 as well. Will update here when I get it sorted.

• 3 months later...
On 7/14/2022 at 9:34 PM, nihil said:

Went ahead and set up a temporary one for the T7 using the dimensions from @SociallyStunted above:

https://tw200.org/barsim-t7/

Very nice, thanks!  Its an awsome tool you've made, I'm surprised more of the handlebar manufacturers havent designed something like this, it really helps in picking a bar.  I just bought a Protaper Contour Pastrana FMX bar.......but I'm not sure about it.  the height B is way higher than most mx bars, unfortunately its not in your dropdown, I just took a chance on it in the store, it was a spur-of-the-moment purchase.  I might return it, not sure yet.  Any chance you could get more of these Contour bends into your barsim?

Side note, I had a heck of a time finding your post again because I forgot to bookmark it.  I feel you'd get a ton of people using it if it was easier to find because its super cool to be able to visualize the bars against another one, maybe you should sell it to ProTaper 😀🤑 because they have nothing like this from what I can see.

And how did you make out on getting a T7?  I had a deposit down on one since Feb22 and finally gave up a month or so back when I saw a nice low mileage 21 T7 for sale and bought it.  Absolutely love the bike!

Edited by rosok
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Moved from General Discussion

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

2 hours ago, rosok said:

Very nice, thanks!  Its an awsome tool you've made, I'm surprised more of the handlebar manufacturers havent designed something like this, it really helps in picking a bar.  I just bought a Protaper Contour Pastrana FMX bar.......but I'm not sure about it.  the height B is way higher than most mx bars, unfortunately its not in your dropdown, I just took a chance on it in the store, it was a spur-of-the-moment purchase.  I might return it, not sure yet.  Any chance you could get more of these Contour bends into your barsim?

Side note, I had a heck of a time finding your post again because I forgot to bookmark it.  I feel you'd get a ton of people using it if it was easier to find because its super cool to be able to visualize the bars against another one, maybe you should sell it to ProTaper 😀🤑 because they have nothing like this from what I can see.

And how did you make out on getting a T7?  I had a deposit down on one since Feb22 and finally gave up a month or so back when I saw a nice low mileage 21 T7 for sale and bought it.  Absolutely love the bike!

Glad you like. The bar sim came about after a dumped my TW and couldn't decide what bars to use. I originally just did it in CAD locally for my own use, but figured folks would get some use out of a web based viewer. I can add more bars fairly easily. If you scroll down there's a chart listing the dimensions needed to generate the handlebar models. Send me those along with a name/model and I'll try to get them spun up and added to the site. 

I did indeed finally get my hands on a T7. The odo on it passed 500mi this past Friday. I'm loving this bike.

• Like 1