Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

G'day from Orange NSW Australia

John B.

Thanks to the Mods for a great forum, it's already been useful and enjoyable.

Now I have taken delivery of my 2020 I'll be seeking more wisdom from the seasoned T7 owners here.

I'm grey haired now and the T7 is my 23rd bike since the first RM80 at circa age 14. Total addict, moved on an AT-AS for the more nimble Tenere, as of today it has just 60km's on the odometer.

Have gone with genuine Yamaha centre stand, engine/crash bars, radiator guard and the tail tidy, Oxford heated grips to fit as Orange is 900 metres above sea level and quite cool. The pic below taken on nearby peak of Mount Canobolas, 1,390 metres (4,560 ft) asl.

Most likely a B&B bash plate and their rack with handles - a T7 needs somewhere to hang onto lifting onto centre stand and off the dirt.. 😉

Cheers John

T7-1a.gif

• Like 8

• Moderators

Welcome to the forum John! Great list of mods you have in mind.

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

• Moderators

I like to see a guy who's not afraid to ride in a little weather now and then, just don't hold a golf club over your head! 😉  Welcome from one John to another.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Welcome mate from the other side of the world , looks like some nice country around there 👍

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your new bike.  Cheers,  Steve 

Hi John, Welcome. A lot of good info here. Iam just down the road in Parkes. let me know if you want to catchup for a ride.

cheers, Disco

20200619_114824.jpg

Hi Disco, What brand is your rear rack and crash bars. I am having a hell time trying to decide on which ones to fit. Any more pics mate?

Cheers

Darryl

hi @DazR, Front bars are HEED. Very happy with the bars. Just needed a bit of trimming of the ADC bashplate to fit, Rear bars are homemade to work with Yamaha Monoseat rack and Endurastan soft bags.

cheers, Disco20200619_114812.thumb.jpg.a15a0cde7ceac0cd17d3a6b81ce7f6fc.jpg

Nice one mate. Had Aluminum Yamaha panniers on last bike. Have been looking at the Enduristan soft bags on web. I think they will be my pick in L or XL for this bike.

Hey Disco,  Who is selling the Enduristan bags in Oz?  I generally like to see and feel things before I buy.  Although I just ordered an Adventure Spec rear luggage rack sight unseen.  Hope its the goods when it arrives

I got my bags from Motorcycle Adventure Products, really good service and only $15 Flat Rate Shipping.

I got the XL and the fit and quality is great. Paid just under $500 which was cheaper than US or UK when you add shipping.

hope this helps. Disco 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2020 at 7:51 PM, Disco said:

Hi John, Welcome. A lot of good info here. Iam just down the road in Parkes. let me know if you want to catchup for a ride.

cheers, Disco

thanks Disco, your bike looks great, are you the one handy with the welder?

Sorry for slow reply too, been elsewhere. Be good to head out Parkes and ride some of your local tracks sometime.

Ive a few bits to fit to my bike sometime, a camper trailer has been soaking up the time of late for a planned mid September trip to Menindee, Broken Hill and maybe up to Cameron’s Corner time permitting.

cheers John

Hi John,

Originally from BHill, so PM me if you need any info on the area.

Currently in QLD with our camper trailer trying to catch a fish or two.

cheers, Disco 

• Like 1

Hi John,

Good to see another Aussie on here.

Cheers

Steve 

Central Coast

• Like 1