Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Have any of you ever organized an ADV Rally before?

Cruizin

Boise Idaho needs a freaking ADV Rally. A damn good one.  Because Idaho is one damn fine place to own an ADV bike. 

I want to organize an ADV Rally sometime in fall, 2021.  Let this covid 19 stuff pass (hopefully) and let more T7's get delivered. 

It would be open to ALL ADV bikes, makes and models.  Im sure some of our supporting Vendors will be interested in helping to sponsor.  And if it goes right, we could make it an annual thing.

Has anyone here ever organized an ADV rally? If so, please send me a PM.  Legalities scare me a little bit, but i have some ideas. I am also reaching out to the AMA for any advice or resources they may have for insurance. 

Why have a rally in Idaho?  If you like mountains, solitude, beauty, Forest service roads and trails that go forever? Idaho is the place to be. 

IMG_20200611_162820.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Rob, I’ve hosted a few for my PNW Tenere group over the years. I guess my suggestion is to start small and let it grow organically.  Plan a few routes, get a few campgrounds involved and have a big dinner at the end. It may take a couple years but be careful what you wish for several have gotten so popular like  Touratech Giant Loop ,Overland Expo and March Moto Madness that the production and logistics calls on a team of many people to put on. Keeping it small has its advantages.