Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

9th Annual XLADV High Sierra (California) - Sep 3 – Sep 6, 2020

REDHORSECA

103069772_1575949212567494_459490218058290254_o.thumb.jpg.42825fb7f59e07914d54c88fe406bd5e.jpg

9th Annual XLADV High Sierra

Dates: Sept. 3  – Sept. 6, 2020

Facebook: Event link

Forum: XLADV.com

WHERE - Camp Ground:

Brown's Owens River Campground
6766 Benton Crossing Road, Mammoth Lakes, California 93546

(Limit 80 riders) In the heat of summer, experience the cooler temps (6800' elevation) and epic big bike riding in the High Sierra.

Gourmet catered meals (2 dinners, 2 breakfasts), professional photography, firewood, adult beverages, hot showers, bathrooms, nearby hot springs, general store.

Vendor-sponsored raffle prizes! All to benefit Motorrad Angels (motorradangels.org), a charity that provides clean water filtration kits around the world.

Trails for all abilities from scenic pavement to easy, intermediate and expert dirt.

Highlight is riding to the 12,400' summit to see the White Mountain Research Station whose gate is open this one day per year.

Beat the traffic and be home Monday for Labor Day with your family.

You are an adult paying for a good time at a campout and are free to explore the area on self-guided gps tracks on public roads and public trails at your own risk. XLADV, Motorrad Angels and Brown's Owens River Campground accept no liability for your safety. By signing up and paying for this event you are in acknowledgement of these terms and waive any right hold hold aforementioned parties liable.

Only registered riders can attend. No exceptions. Do NOT invite your friends to come free. Do NOT "rogue" the ride by camping nearby and shadowing us; it's in poor taste given this is a charity event and a lot of work goes into it.

Refund Policy: One month out, or by end of day, Jul 31st, 2020. Absolutely no refunds after that date. It's extremely hard to organize an event this size with countless last minute cancellations and then a scramble to add in last minute additions to fill the gaps. This is a volunteer deal and it benefits Motorrad Angels so consider that if you have to cancel within two weeks of the event.

I've got my tickets for the event. I just hope I have my T7 by then. I should have the T7 by August.

If not, I'll just take my Versys 650.

596014585_Versys650BigBear.thumb.jpg.344cca0ace9826b375fd96fa956d996e.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2020 at 8:11 PM, REDHORSECA said:

...I'll just take my Versys 650.

596014585_Versys650BigBear.thumb.jpg.344cca0ace9826b375fd96fa956d996e.jpg

That may be the most BA Versys I've ever seen!

• Like 1

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt."   -   Zach Bowman

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, beater_bimmer said:

So, did you go? Review? Pics?

Yes, I went and had a blast! 80+ riders showed up. No one got sick from COVID after the event. We weren't wearing masks and social distancing.

Catered breakfast and dinners.  Lunch was where ever we were  @ breweries/ eateries riding that day. Free beers, water, sodas. Well, it was part of the Rally fee we paid for.

9UX1rz3.jpg

Pictures videos here:

xladv-sharing-icon.png.b6cb402aa52a37a6a

Wow! Another amazing rally in the books. You all were incredibly generous and we raised $4300 for Motorrad Angels! Park you photos, videos and stories here. I will post more when I get WiFi back home. Weather was warmer...

571JvfQ.jpg

cG1Nky6.jpg

Knarly deep sand hill climb out of the lake.

JmlbRK0.jpg

0u3YM0T.jpg

jQWGihZ.jpg

3HD3DCf.jpg

tW8HurN.jpg

Spot the 17" wheel

igmFvM2.jpg

xzodaIF.jpg

Stay.... Stay.... Stay....

N5iPo1g.jpg?1

Sand + Kickstand = DOH!

g4Rrne5.jpg

Another great day of riding, back to camp.

kZFa8Tu.jpg

Arrived at Camp site

s5zz1Zz.jpg

Leaving for Rally

YQCzruh.jpg

7 minutes ago, beater_bimmer said:

Amazing pics! Too bad no T7 content 😞

It would have been easier on the T700. I have my T700 now. I didn't beat up the Kawasaki Versys too bad. Next year!

I have two moto camping off road trips next month @ Julian (San Diego area).

One of them with these same riders I have befriended at this XLADV rally. These guys are all experienced ADV big bike off-roaders.

Another with a group of ADV riders I plane to ride to Alaska next year. Some of them need some off-roading practice/experience.