Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

I don't know if it was mentioned earlier, but will there be another group buy for when the one-piece seats come out?

3 hours ago, Seventh Son said:

I don't know if it was mentioned earlier, but will there be another group buy for when the one-piece seats come out?

SC mentioned that would be after 1st of the year last i read.  I'm waiting for that to come out.  Cant wait!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a question.   It looks like the Low Comfort comes in three options.   Is the the "Front and Rear Comfort Kit" a complete set, or does that require me to use the stock pan?

I have installed SC seats on my other bikes and I am fine with that but I am confused about the two parts?  Does the pan require to be cut into two pieces or is the stock seat two pieces?  I am within days of purchasing the T7, just doing research first.  

Basically I am looking to lower the front seat and have a more comfortable seat for the passenger?   Can you advise me on which set to order?   

Thank you

• Supporting Vendor

There is a front kit that includes the front foam and cover only. There is a front kit with a matching material cover for the stock OEM rear seat. There is a front kit with a comfort rear kit. You will use the stock bases. If your bike comes with the one piece rally seat, our kits will not work on the one piece seat. Based on you wanting passenger comfort also you will want the front and rear comfort kit selection. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Seat Concepts said:

There is a front kit that includes the front foam and cover only. There is a front kit with a matching material cover for the stock OEM rear seat. There is a front kit with a comfort rear kit. You will use the stock bases. If your bike comes with the one piece rally seat, our kits will not work on the one piece seat. Based on you wanting passenger comfort also you will want the front and rear comfort kit selection. 

Thank you.  That helps alot. 

Edited by phazelag

@Seat Concepts If you could please provide some clarification as to why Australian shipping costs are around 1/3rd of the seat unit cost we'd be most appreciative. Lots of SC fans down under and lots of T7 owners around but...

1 hour ago, Anax1mander said:

@Seat Concepts If you could please provide some clarification as to why Australian shipping costs are around 1/3rd of the seat unit cost we'd be most appreciative. Lots of SC fans down under and lots of T7 owners around but...

I am pretty sure Seat Concepts doesn't set the shipping cost to foreign countries. Asking them to explain why it cost so much to ship to Australia is not realistic or relevant. Ask the shipping companies. It is the same situation for US folks who want to buy some of the cool parts Aussie guys come up with. We expect to pay more due to the shipping costs. 

Edited by Firebolter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anax1mander said:

There is/ a group of five of us who just placed an order as a group bulk buy to Australia that was organised amongst ourselves . The saving in postage is quite considerable. I don't know if its too late to join or not as cut off date was the 15th. @Timemachine ?

Edited by rumrum

9 minutes ago, rumrum said:

There is/ a group of five of us who just placed an order as a group bulk buy to Australia that was organised amongst ourselves . The saving in postage is quite considerable. I don't know if its too late to join or not as cut off date was the 15th. @Timemachine ?

I think Anax1mander has missed the party. Seat Concepts wanted our seats in one order which is now completed, and that had a few issues of its own as you know. I am not too keen to go back into the fire, if you know what I mean. 

There will be another group buy when the single piece seats are ready, so maybe Anax1mander can organise a group of Aussies then.

• Like 1

womp womp. missed the group buy by 2 weeks.

I pick up my T7 tomorrow....

my question is about seat pans.... are the OEM / Yamaha low seat pan the same? I'm trying to see if I first need to buy the low seat and THEN the SC low comfort or I can just go straight for the SC seat.

any help / install vid would be awesome!

9 hours ago, mr. projekt said:

womp womp. missed the group buy by 2 weeks.

I pick up my T7 tomorrow....

my question is about seat pans.... are the OEM / Yamaha low seat pan the same? I'm trying to see if I first need to buy the low seat and THEN the SC low comfort or I can just go straight for the SC seat.

any help / install vid would be awesome!

No need for the Yamaha low.  Seat Concepts is making the low comfort  for the stock standard height pan.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Anax1mander said:

It's the same deal for shipping to Canada but I figured it's a one time thing and I'll be keeping the bike awhile so I bit the bullet.

Plus i figure it's likely the best price I'll ever get up here in the north lol.

Thanks again @SeatConcepts, I appreciate the group  buy and the easy purchase.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Iceman said:

No need for the Yamaha low.  Seat Concepts is making the low comfort  for the stock standard height pan.

Thanks! Are they the same pan?

• Supporting Vendor

The low pan is the same as the standard from what I have seen.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, POLISHADAM82 said:

looks like my seat is going to be here tomorrow hell yeah!!!!

How the hell did you get yours so quick?  Mine was bought and paid for 5 minutes after I got the discount code.  I haven't heard even a peep and yours is already there?🤷‍♂️

56 minutes ago, Iceman said:

How the hell did you get yours so quick?  Mine was bought and paid for 5 minutes after I got the discount code.  I haven't heard even a peep and yours is already there?🤷‍♂️

I have no idea lol but I did get UPS tracking info yesterday kind of excited haha

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor

The orders do go out in the order they are received and based on the availability of the cover option you chose. Like I noted before we are trying to get these out sooner than our normal lead time we are running at this time.

• Like 3

My UPS tracking says it's coming tomorrow 12/3 also.

I got to swing by Harbor Freight and purchase their pneumatic 20 ga. air stapler gun and ordered the stainless steel staples from AMZ.

Next weekend T7 project to do, as the T50 SS marine staples arrives next week, unless I find some locally.

I have another '19 ADV bike located overseas /stored by the ocean with a custom seat foam and cover, all the custom seat staples are all rusted. Going to redo the staples the next time I fly 2nd home overseas.

• Like 1

Just now, REDHORSECA said:

Next weekend T7 project to do, as the T50 SS marine staples arrives next week, unless I find some locally.

My local Home Depot stocks Arrow 3/8" stainless T50 staples. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, REDHORSECA said:

My UPS tracking says it's coming tomorrow 12/3 also.

I got to swing by Harbor Freight and purchase their pneumatic 20 ga. air stapler gun and ordered the stainless steel staples from AMZ.

I have another '19 ADV bike located overseas /stored by the ocean with a custom seat foam and cover, all the custom seat staples are all rusted. Going to redo the staples the next time I fly 2nd home overseas.

Let us know how the install goes. Mine should arrive soon, and I'm still debating whether to send it to a pro or DIY it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tj3089 said:

Let us know how the install goes. Mine should arrive soon, and I'm still debating whether to send it to a pro or DIY it.

I ordered a Tusk seat heater element kit today, so it'll have to wait for that to arrive.

I've recovered my dirt bike seats before, piece of cake. I've also watched a professional do one of my seats in front of me, while I waited.